• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen Comic Book site about ready to launch

52 posts in this topic

Great story and I think this is an AWESOME idea.

Btw, with the idea I'm toying around with, I could actually reference this site to AUTOMATE notifications to sites that the book they are selling have been reported stolen. Assuming of course I have the certification number.

I'll ping you to discuss when the time comes closer.

Great idea for a website!

I think it might also be a good idea to give people posting their stolen item the option to include a reward/bounty for successful return of the item and/or legal prosecution of the offender.

Of course a reward shouldn't be the motive to be on the look out for a stolen item, but it would certainly motivate more people to actively keep their eyes open for it. Just having the option to include a reward (and its conditions) might be useful, especially on very expensive items.

The reward / motive should be to do the right thing. As the late George Steinbrenner was quoted as saying,

“I believe the good you do for others comes back to you," he says. "But if you do something good for some person and more than two people know about it—you and the other person—then you didn't do it for the right reason.” (Sports Illustrated interview, published May 10, 2004)

RE: Rewards - Yeah we actually had that on there..and it got removed but we can add it back..

Thanks for the feedback/input!

If anyone wants to sign up and just post fake stolen books to beta test it feel free..just PM me the item is fake and I'll remove it afterward..or just put BETA TEST POST or something...in the header..

this is a great idea and many props to you for taking all the time to get this site going Don't worry about the glitches, they'll be sorted out. I'm sure this site will get around fast by word of mouth and i can see it becoming a huge factor in the comic community when dealing with high dollar books that could be possibly stolen. The people mentioning "pop ups" when a new stolen comic is reported gave me an idea of possibly creating some kind of app that you can also sign up for that has an alert that goes out to everyone signed up, kinda like when a friend posts something on facebook and you get a notice about it. I'm sure there are plenty of tech savy people (I for one am not. lol) that would probably help you create some kind of automatic alert function through your website that send a mass message out to dealers/ collectors to be on the lookout for "x" book in "x" area of the globe.

This is a great idea and i really hope to se it become a big part in helping honest collectors and dealers get their books back from the thieving thieves that thinks it's ok to take someone elses property. Many thanks and congrats on your new site!! Good Luck!!!

I think it might also be a good idea to give people posting their stolen item the option to include a reward/bounty for successful return of the item and/or legal prosecution of the offender.

Of course a reward shouldn't be the motive to be on the look out for a stolen item, but it would certainly motivate more people to actively keep their eyes open for it. Just having the option to include a reward (and its conditions) might be useful, especially on very expensive items.

We have updated the site so now rewards may be posted for stolen items

Thanks king of rulers!

We have updated the site so now rewards may be posted for stolen items

Thanks king of rulers!

Great idea! (thumbs u