• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

Thanks. I have attended Seattle comic con which isn't like what I read about and seen online compared to sdcc. It's like pax I guess.

As far as signing. Will I have to go get a cgc rep and have them line up with me or will there already be one there at the signing booths?

Mike

You will have to get a CGC rep and coordinate with them when you line up for signings. They don't have the personnel at this show to have people at all the different signing booths. :)

Sort of disappointed by the AA. There have been some other cons with big names. Perhaps prices for SDCC are driving people out.

The AA is, in a few instances, being replaced by Exhibitor Booths. I found a good amount of artists that are listed as Exhibitors. Also, many artists are unlisted because they will be doing signings / hanging out with some of the exhibitors and will be unlisted.

Yep. Many of the bigger names band together and get a booth rather than an AA table. AA this year doesn't look much different than last year.

Hey folks,

Anyone looking for a place to stay during SDCC should thoroughly vet any Craig's List posting advertising housing. I recently checked an ad for a killer place with reasonable rates. The place is real, but the person advertising was not the owner. I talked to the actual owner and he told me this has happened to his place a couple of times this last month now.

Caveat emptor, friends.

I've had very good luck through ads and this is the first time I've ran into a scam for a place to stay. I landed a great place one year for $45 a night and less than a mile from the convention center.

Also, folks, make sure you pay with a credit card to protect yourself - checks, money orders, cash, and wire transfers are out of the question. If they can't accept an online CC payment through a credible payment service, tell them to go pound sand out their azz backwards.

So, first timer, and I will be staying with my sister and her family in Escondido. Would like to give her a nice Italian meal with her husband for her troubles.

Need a recommendation for a good restaurant either in SD or Escon in the $150 range.

Also, if they want to take the 2 young ones- under 8 years of age. Gift cards are great and they can invite friends, in lieu of kids, but the basic idea is a good restaurant.

Other alternatives considered and THANKS!!

So, first timer, and I will be staying with my sister and her family in Escondido. Would like to give her a nice Italian meal with her husband for her troubles.

Need a recommendation for a good restaurant either in SD or Escon in the $150 range.

Also, if they want to take the 2 young ones- under 8 years of age. Gift cards are great and they can invite friends, in lieu of kids, but the basic idea is a good restaurant.

There is a chain of some really good Italian restaurants in Little Italy in downtown SD on India St. I believe. Also a few good ones at the Gaslamp District.

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/restaurants/ca/san-diego/ (thumbs u

Poppazo's in Little Italy or Croce's.

Filippis on India St. In Little Italy. I live 4 blocks from this place. Love the food. Inexpensive but cool atmosphere. Only problem is the line to get in can be a little while. But very worth it.

Family friendly and casual wear.

Just preordered a con shirt for my son. So nice to see it separated from the con floor this year. Hopefully that pulls out some of the congestion.

For those that want them, they're only available to preorder through 7/11.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2013/t-shirt-pre-ordering

Caveat - you must be attending to preorder. They don't ship.