• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

Anyone able to help a fellow boardie out with picking up 1 exclusive? My boss is a diehard Star Wars fan I just found out and I would love to pickup as a gift one of the Star Wars Black Boba Fett figures that will be for sale on site for $45.

Star Wars® The Black Series 6-Inch Boba Fett™ Action Figure with Han Solo™ in Carbonite Accesory

SW%20Black%20Series%20SDCC.jpg

If anyone can help me get one I can PayPal you the money to cover the item, cost to ship and what you think is a fair amount for your time snagging me one.

If you ever need anything from the bigger Midwest shows an exclusive, something signed and subbed or a sketch picked up and subbed I am always happy to return the favor. I will be at both WW Ohio and Nashville and both Cincinnati shows.

Thanks,

Brendan

Infil complete, boots on the ground. :acclaim:

Welcome

Yes, welcome to San Diego.

It's a beautiful day.

I spent the whole day walking all over the place, afraid I might have gotten a little too much sun. We'll see what color I am in the morning.

Gaslamp Pizza = avoid. Simply awful pizza and even the salad was bad. For real.

Stopped at a bar and had a beer, played some pool. Pretty the only thing the bartender was wearing was a tank top and her undies. I do like San Diego.

The only thing I didn't like was that horrid smell of wet pizz in the air. Had the same problem when I stayed here in 2009 up in Golden Hill - funny name considering. Someone told me the smell is a bi-product from all the jets.

Coming into the airport is a bit hairy. It looks like you are for sure going to be setting down in the middle of a neighborhood.

Okay, now I'm just going on. I need some serious rest. That measly hour and a half nap has finally betrayed me. later, kids.

I've always wondered about this place (since the slices look huge from the outside), thanks for the tip

BTW, if you are looking for a killer sandwich place: Cine's Cafe at 420 K Street. Look for the pirate out near the front.

I agree, Cine Cafe is great, just a block from the con. Good for breakfast -- I always get the everything bagel egg cheese double sausage sandwich. Also great for a quick snack in the afternoon (closer than Ralphs, but at Ralphs you can get a bigger snack from their food bar). Looking forward to everyone's posts, living vicariously though you all as I won't be at SD this year.

Just found out USA networks rented out 14 of the theaters @ Reading Cinema Gaslamp for their premire of Pysch the musical.

I registered for that, hopefully I'm able to get in. Super stoked to see it.

Been here since yesterday. Spent the day at the zoo today. Looking like its sea world tomorrow and legoland Tuesday.

I've always wondered about this place (since the slices look huge from the outside), thanks for the tip

Really? I like the pizza there, but then again food at 2am in the morning tends to be good no matter what. lol

I'd say give Ciro's around the corner from there a try.

Go to Filippis or Sammy's for pizza. Filippis is great, thick crust, great cheese, great ingredients. Sammy's is California Wood Fired grill pizza. Both great.

+1 on Fillippis

Does anyone know if Greg Pak and Jae Lee will be at SDCC? I haven't seen them on any lists...

Looks like Jae Lee won't be at SDCC

http://greg-pak.tumblr.com/post/55036240951/will-you-be-at-comic-con-this-year

Bummer... I have an awesome WCBH Variant of Batman/Superman I want to get signed.

Ah rats - I have the same one. Thanks for the info though!

If anyone wants to arrange to help each other with lines/sigs/etc send me a PM. I can start a group PM for those who are in attendance and are getting raw sigs. I know I may not be able to get in the Snyder/Capullo/Miki/Jock line but have 3 books I would like to get signed. I will be getting in a few other lines throughout the show and wouldn't mind trading sig duty.