• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

Fantastic day. Mile High Comics tries to rip you. They have SDCC TNMT 1 exclusive and trying to sell it for $10.00. All the other dealers selling them for what they should be, $4. Bought at A-1. Saw Dale as the 1st booth I always visit. Great items for sale with most major keys. Can't wait to get something. So much to choose from, not enough time or $. Fri here I come. I think I scared him with my hairstyle. :)

This tshirt line is ridiculous. I guess everyone had the same idea.

Thanks for reminding me ... I'm not there this year and I'm disappointed, but last year I took a look at the t-shirt line (that ran forever) and thought, I'm getting too old for this con (or the con is getting too hip for me).

just show up 30 minutes before closing because there was no lines

Any info on Roy Thomas signing schedule? I brought a hardcover book in hopes of getting signed by him this weekend.

From Timely list:

Hi List--

Find myself in the unusual position of being invited to two San Diego

Cons in three years... this time, no doubt because of the 50th

anniversary of THE AVENGERS and THE X-MEN and to a lesser extent DR.

STRANGE. Unfortunately, for the three days I'll be there (Fri. through

Sun.) I've allowed myself to be so booked at booths and panels that I

probably won't be at my Artists' Alley spot much if at all.. though I

hope to post my schedule there... so I figured I'd send the list this

mini-schedule, in case any of you get a chance to drop by and say hi

(but don't be surprised if I twist your arm to donate a buck to Hero

Initiative). Here are the relevant items:

_FRIDAY JULY 19:

_10:00 - 10:45 - Edgar Rice Burroughs panel (Room 28DE)

11:00 - 12:00 - Genesis West booth (Booth #4306) - signing new edition

of RED NAILS

12:30 - 1:30 - Hero Initiative (Booth #5003)

1:45 - 2:45 - TwoMorrows booth (Booth #1301)

3:00 - 3:30 - Comic Outpost TV (Booth #802 - but not really open to the

public?)

4-6 - filming a spot for a Chris Claremont doc and having a business

meeting, will be in Artists' Alley if I get a chance

_SATURDAY JULY 20:

_11:00 - 12:30 - Genesis West Booth (Booth #4306) - RED NAILS signing

1:00 - 2:00 - Roy Thomas spotlight panel, moderated by Jon B. Cooke

(Room 4) - hope somebody shows up so I won't feel too lonely!

2:30 - 3:30 - Con Autograph Area (for signing - wherever that is)

4:00+ - will be doing Hero Initiative signing for CGC - it's for a good

cause, 'cause Hero gets a cut

_SUNDAY JULY 21:

_11:00 - 1:15 - Genesis West (Booth #4306) - RED NAILS signing

1:45 - 2:45 - Avengers/X-Men/ Dr. Strange panel (Room 5AB) - hey, that's

20 minutes per book!

3:00 - 4:00 - TwoMorrows booth (Booth #1301)

5:00 - 6:00 - IDW book signing (with Gerry Conway) (Booth #2643)

I'm assuming that, at all of these except perhaps the RED

NAILS/Genesis West booth, I'll be able to sign anything except checks if

someone has an old comic book they want defaced.

Best wishes,

Roy

Is it the line for the pre ordered shirts? I may wait till Sunday to pick up mine then.

Is it the line for the pre ordered shirts? I may wait till Sunday to pick up mine then.

it is a combined line. Like I sAid, just walk up near the end of the sHiw

And it will be fine

It was a combined line for all the lines in the same line except for hall H. Once we walked in and went up stairs, the line split. Most went to Hall 20 line. I don't know about hasbro, but once inside the line to the exhibit hall wasn't too bad.

Sorry, for the Noob question, but I will be going on Saturday. How brutal is it going to be to get through the process and inside? Just to verify, a 10 year old kid gets in free right with an adult? ???

Anyone have any luck in the Hasbro line? Woke up early today to try and line up for it but as soon as I get to Sailes Pavilion, the line wrapped around downstairs towards the docking area. Just nuts.

No Luck. They said they gave out only 1000 tickets.

With kids you just can't get there at 6:30 AM when they open or earlier from people camping out to get stuff for HASBRO.

I just want the GEM doll for my daughter.

Sorry, for the Noob question, but I will be going on Saturday. How brutal is it going to be to get through the process and inside? Just to verify, a 10 year old kid gets in free right with an adult? ???

I'm not sure about the free child thing, check the website. But today I went to pick up my badge around 11 and there was no line. So the later you go the better.

Is anyone picking up the NECA Friday the 13th figures for resell? If so, PM me - I'm interested in getting one.

I went to get one around 2 and they were sold out for the day. I will try early tomorrow. They said they are 2 per person.

If anyone can help out with the Deadpool Corps action figure set please lmk!

Thanks

Hasbro is insanely difficult. Heard only 1000 tickets were given out yesterday and by the time i showed up all were gone. I showed up earlier today and lines are insane already and show doesn't start til 4 1/2hrs fr now.

I'M HOPING TO GET HASBRO ACCESS. I ALREADY HAVE TO PICK UP ONE OF the Deadpool corps taco truck. "IF" I'm lucky and get access ill try and get a 2nd one. Will post results if i get a Golden Ticket :wishluck:

With kids you just can't get there at 6:30 AM when they open or earlier from people camping out to get stuff for HASBRO.

ALRIGHT GUYS I GOT A HASBRO TICKET

AGENT lmk if u got one. If not my purchase time is 4pm or after. So we can meet up and get your daughter that item

ALRIGHT GUYS I GOT A HASBRO TICKET

AGENT lmk if u got one. If not my purchase time is 4pm or after. So we can meet up and get your daughter that item

:applause:

There's too many amateur professional sellers who go to Comic Con with the sole purpose of profiteering and reselling these so called exclusives. I see a lot of 'em "pre-selling" anticipating they'll get them, and for those people I do hope they get locked out and product goes into the hands of the fans.

The manufacturers know the system, creating and controlling collectibles. They love the chaos that the hype provides them, be it people standing in line overnight, people complaining about getting shut, out or even fights in line to get the product, it's all good publicity speaking to the demand of their product, it makes for good news, as it's a for of free advertising, and builds hype around the eventual mainstream for future sales.

It's a shame 'tho that a few bad eggs who horde for profiteering ruin it for the fans who embark in the journey only to get shut out, especially the kids.

Yeah, the guy in line to get the Jem and the Holograms or My Little Pony figures really needs 'em more than the 8 yr old girl who now has to ask her dad to buy it for her off of eBay... :)

There's too many amateur professional sellers who go to Comic Con with the sole purpose of profiteering and reselling these so called exclusives. I see a lot of 'em "pre-selling" anticipating they'll get them, and for those people I do hope they get locked out and product goes into the hands of the fans.

The manufacturers know the system, creating and controlling collectibles. They love the chaos that the hype provides them, be it people standing in line overnight, people complaining about getting shut, out or even fights in line to get the product, it's all good publicity speaking to the demand of their product, it makes for good news, as it's a for of free advertising, and builds hype around the eventual mainstream for future sales.

It's a shame 'tho that a few bad eggs who horde for profiteering ruin it for the fans who embark in the journey only to get shut out, especially the kids.

Yeah, the guy in line to get the Jem and the Holograms or My Little Pony figures really needs 'em more than the 8 yr old girl who now has to ask her dad to buy it for her off of eBay... :)

I don't disagree, that its not ideal for some attendees (the 8 year old in line especially), but certainly the 'profiteer' has a right a to attempt to make a living in a legal way to feed his own 8 year old daughter as well. There's a million companies and people that put in the time and effort to take advantage of a 'niche' where there is a pocket to make some money. Companies with exclusives can take steps to battle the 'exclusive hoarding' if they so choose, but that takes extra resources for them too.

If they can do it responsibly, legally, deliver what they say,they've still got to put in the effort and front the money. It's a living (or part of one).