• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

These last 30 minutes at work might kill me. :ohnoez:

Then it is off to get a haircut and do some last minute laundry/packing. Gotta be at the airport at 5:30 AM (EST!) tomorrow.

San Diego in less than 20 hrs!

Travel safe everyone.

I know - I still have to work tomorrow and it's driving me nuts. I started packing last night and will continue tonight (trying to fit intense cosplay & comics requires some major Tetris skills). So excited!

Keep in mind this SD tip -- no need to wait in the long lines upstairs. They open the doors when the con opens so if you have your badge you can walk right in from the ground floor. I'm not sure if they do this on preview night, but this is how it works the mornings of the regular days.

Good tip but use caution. I have seen that happen temporarily due to some confusion but SDCC usually has a rule of waiting for the line upstairs to go into the exhibit hall before they let the crowds outside come in. Sometimes people on the ground level think that they are getting in at the same time but in actuality the line in Sails Pavilion is usually let in several minutes early, before the scheduled open of each day.

I'll be headed to SoCal in the morning, hoping for another great Comic Con! :whee:

Good tip but use caution. I have seen that happen temporarily due to some confusion but SDCC usually has a rule of waiting for the line upstairs to go into the exhibit hall before they let the crowds outside come in. Sometimes people on the ground level think that they are getting in at the same time but in actuality the line in Sails Pavilion is usually let in several minutes early, before the scheduled open of each day.

I'll be headed to SoCal in the morning, hoping for another great Comic Con! :whee:

This is correct.

This is correct.

thanks for the tips guys!!!!

very helpful since this will be my first Comic Con :whee:

any of u guys know about booths like Hasbro and the tickets to buy exclusives? i think i read you can make lines before doors to the con open but will there be signs or someone to say this line is for hasbro? this other for graphitti? etc? etc?

any help is appreciated. :)

A very casual day today here in SD. Woke up late, almost noon lol

Met up with Paul from 'Toon Tumblers today and had some lunch, hung out and watched the Home Run Derby, had some dinner and then I was off back to my room in a half hearted effort to go to bed at a decent hour.

Weather here was great, though a bit humid. Tomorrow is set up for the show and then who knows what. Already got a number for bail bonds in case things go a little awry.

I'll post some pics of the convention hall set up tomorrow night and some pics of San Diego. Later, freaks!

This is correct.

any of u guys know about booths like Hasbro and the tickets to buy exclusives? i think i read you can make lines before doors to the con open but will there be signs or someone to say this line is for hasbro? this other for graphitti? etc? etc?

Here's the info for Graphitti:

http://comiccon2013.sched.org/event/7b61d681ffc7aa9ebbf410922a5afd84#.UeTc9WQ4XpU

It says it starts at 6:30am and that the line starts once they open the building to attendees. Does that mean the sails pavilion lines to enter the exhibit hall open at 6:30? Or is it just the Graphitti line. Just wondering because Thursday I want to head straight to the DC booth to get some signing wristbands.

This will be my first time going so any help is great.

This is correct.

Here's the info for Graphitti:

http://comiccon2013.sched.org/event/7b61d681ffc7aa9ebbf410922a5afd84#.UeTc9WQ4XpU

It says it starts at 6:30am and that the line starts once they open the building to attendees. Does that mean the sails pavilion lines to enter the exhibit hall open at 6:30? Or is it just the Graphitti line. Just wondering because Thursday I want to head straight to the DC booth to get some signing wristbands.

This will be my first time going so any help is great.

As far as Hasbro, upstairs in the sails pavilion there will be a section to line up for your purchase pass, it's not a random drawing, so you can almost always get a ticket, it just depends on what time you get your ticket can determine if some of the stuff is sold out. Example, they give out 9 am passes, then 12 pm passes, and so forth. I've been going for the last 5 years, so any questions just aska away.

Can't wait to see some of you there

Usually on preview night I'm too excited, so I wait upstairs in the big line to be around all the energy. On the other days I usually wait upstairs for the same reason. Every time, though, that I've waited until opening and walked in on the ground floor (including Fri last year), I've been able to get in. But I don't do this all the time and it wouldn't surprise me if this was inconsistent. Still, I guess you'd still get in a little bit after opening, and it saves waiting a long time upstairs.

This is correct.

Yes, the line upstairs is let in first, and usually they get through that line in 15 minutes. So..... plan on arriving 15 minutes after it opens and walk right in, or stand in line for up to hours in advance just to get in a few minutes earlier. Amazing what people will do just to catch a few minutes. I never stand in lines anywhere in San Diego. At least not for more than 5 minutes. This means I may miss out on some popular events, but life (and the con) is too short to waste standing in lines.

As far as Hasbro, upstairs in the sails pavilion there will be a section to line up for your purchase pass, it's not a random drawing, so you can almost always get a ticket, it just depends on what time you get your ticket can determine if some of the stuff is sold out. Example, they give out 9 am passes, then 12 pm passes, and so forth. I've been going for the last 5 years, so any questions just aska away.

Can't wait to see some of you there

Thanks for the reply. This its very helpful. (worship)

Anyone know if the accident from the gasoline truck that caused fire in the I-5 freeway last Sat. have any impact on the I-5 South going to SD? Not quite sure where the spillage happened.

Interchange of the 2 and 5 freeways; most lanes were scheduled to reopen this morning.

Have a good (and safe) drive...

Anyone know if the accident from the gasoline truck that caused fire in the I-5 freeway last Sat. have any impact on the I-5 South going to SD? Not quite sure where the spillage happened.

Interchange of the 2 and 5 freeways; most lanes were scheduled to reopen this morning.

Have a good (and safe) drive...

You too Steve.. I'll see you there

This is correct.

Yes, the line upstairs is let in first, and usually they get through that line in 15 minutes. So..... plan on arriving 15 minutes after it opens and walk right in, or stand in line for up to hours in advance just to get in a few minutes earlier. Amazing what people will do just to catch a few minutes. I never stand in lines anywhere in San Diego. At least not for more than 5 minutes. This means I may miss out on some popular events, but life (and the con) is too short to waste standing in lines.

This is my philosophy too. So many fun things that there is always an alternative to a line.

This is correct.

If you already have your badge from a previous day, can you still line-up at the Sails Pavillion entry line or is that only for people who pick up their badges that day?

Say I have my 4-day pass I picked up on Thursday, if I want to stand in the Sails Pav line on Friday morning, Is there a way to get back up in that line without having to stand in line with the throngs of people if you already have a badge?