• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

I haven't read anything indicating he had an automatic weapon, so I don't know what that has to do with anything. Even if I had read that, I wouldn't believe it since nobody in the media knows the difference between automatic and semiautomatic anyways. Everything's just an "AK47" to them :eyeroll:

This guy who meticulously planned a mass-murder and then calmly carried it out really sounds like he would have been deterred by a few gun laws. Outlawing things people want doesn't make those items hard to get anyways (prohibition? war on drugs?).

I'd be all for less "gun control" (as if that's even a real thing with any teeth) if we had more goddamned bullet control. My suggestion, make bullets cost $10 each so some nutsak, a-hole can't go and buy 6000 freaking rounds.

You can make your own ammo you know.

Of course you could. And if some crazy guy wants to sit around and make 6000 bullets, so be it. As has already been pointed out, you can't really defend against somebody with that much crazy mixed together with that much conviction. If he wants to sit in his own feces and make bullets forever, so be it. The last thing we should do is make them so cheap he doesn't have to sit around and make them. Duh.

Anyway, making your own rounds doesn't negate the implication that paying through the nose for bullets might make people less able to purchase massive quantities of them and less apt to pump them into the bodies of innocent people.

Yeah, $10 bucks + tax for the most common bullets sounds about right to me. If you only have guns for protection then it shouldn't be a big deal, right? If you have guns b/c you like to hunt or target shoot or whatever, tough, hobbies are expensive, get over it.

Get rid of any law that infringes on a person's right to own a gun. Just make bullets cost more than a freaking decent pizza for effs sake.

I can understand why you feel this is a solution but in the end it really wouldn't change a crazy person from having what they want and would only take away from the literally millions of people who are law abiding gun owners.

Image the poor shooters there would be if people couldn't practice on a range, or with skeet because the cost of ammunition is too high.

I know you don't like guns but that doesn't mean others shouldn't have them. They are a tool, nothing more, nothing less.

Agreed. There are a lot of rules on the books that allow people to do, to have and to believe. As long as we leave them ALL alone, I'm good with people needing to hide Glocks in their pants. Legally.

Personally, I'm still inspired by the first responders and the citizens that helped each other during this chaotic, tragic time. These are heros.

Dan

Anyone read anywhere that there were off-duty police in the theater? I was told that may be the case but don't see it written anywhere.

At this theater they have off-duty on patrol on Friday and Saturday nights. Their is a station 1/2 mile away though, which allowed them to respond so quickly.

Dan

I haven't read anything indicating he had an automatic weapon, so I don't know what that has to do with anything. Even if I had read that, I wouldn't believe it since nobody in the media knows the difference between automatic and semiautomatic anyways. Everything's just an "AK47" to them :eyeroll:

This guy who meticulously planned a mass-murder and then calmly carried it out really sounds like he would have been deterred by a few gun laws. Outlawing things people want doesn't make those items hard to get anyways (prohibition? war on drugs?).

I'd be all for less "gun control" (as if that's even a real thing with any teeth) if we had more goddamned bullet control. My suggestion, make bullets cost $10 each so some nutsak, a-hole can't go and buy 6000 freaking rounds.

Of course you could. And if some crazy guy wants to sit around and make 6000 bullets, so be it. As has already been pointed out, you can't really defend against somebody with that much crazy mixed together with that much conviction. If he wants to sit in his own feces and make bullets forever, so be it. The last thing we should do is make them so cheap he doesn't have to sit around and make them. Duh.

Anyway, making your own rounds doesn't negate the implication that paying through the nose for bullets might make people less able to purchase massive quantities of them and less apt to pump them into the bodies of innocent people.

Yeah, $10 bucks + tax for the most common bullets sounds about right to me. If you only have guns for protection then it shouldn't be a big deal, right? If you have guns b/c you like to hunt or target shoot or whatever, tough, hobbies are expensive, get over it.

Get rid of any law that infringes on a person's right to own a gun. Just make bullets cost more than a freaking decent pizza for effs sake.

I can understand why you feel this is a solution but in the end it really wouldn't change a crazy person from having what they want and would only take away from the literally millions of people who are law abiding gun owners.

Image the poor shooters there would be if people couldn't practice on a range, or with skeet because the cost of ammunition is too high.

I know you don't like guns but that doesn't mean others shouldn't have them. They are a tool, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't want to take anything away from this tragedy that has so recently occurred, but personally, I'm glad these wack-a-doodles seem to usually focus on guns, where the damage is minimal compared to Timothy McVeigh and Middle Eastern methods of terror. Like many have said, if you completely eliminate one tool, these types - terrorists - will find an alternative tool. And you might not find the change all that pleasing.

Jesus, people! Stop with the gun control/political nonsense already please. Take it to the WC.

Asking people not to comment on something that is central to the whole event is a waste of time. Like talking about 9/11 without mentioning the background of the terrorists because we don't want to offend. So we talk around the edges by being PC. That said won't and don't think I have commented about guns unless it is/was in response to someone elses anti-gun rant.

You flipped out over a Batman panel. Glad to know you're armed :eyeroll:

Guess you missed the post where I said I don't own a gun. Who flipped out? I just gave my opinion which obviously offends your overly sensitive anti-gun ears.

I'm not really anti-gun. I don't own one right now but I've stated in this thread I've owned and fired several. I'm anti-gun nut. Gun nuts are loose cannons. They are irresponsible and reactionary. They are little men with little man complex and think their sidearm makes up for their shortcomings. They have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove about how manly they are. This is why I was called a coward in this thread for admitting, had I been in that theater, I wouldn't have karate chopped the shooter to death before he fired his first round. They are delusional. And they have guns. Regular people with guns, don't bother me one bit.

Anyone read anywhere that there were off-duty police in the theater? I was told that may be the case but don't see it written anywhere.

I heard the police chief say that they normally have a police presence at the theater on weekends, because of the crowds presumably, but that wasn't the case here as the movie premiered at midnight Friday

[font:Book Antiqua]People it’s dying.

America has to stop and reconsider

his gun control law...

Sadly this it’s not the first case

and if something it’s not done with gun control

it’s going to happen again.

Guns it’s a business,

but we have to consider the real price we pay for them.[/font]

Did they ever catch the guy at the Toronto mall shooting in the gun controlled Canada?

Nearly every person who comments like this knows nothing about gun control, the dangers of disarming a population and tends to liberal and/or young.

Maybe if this guy tried this in Texas, this would have been a whole different story.

Doubt he would have tried. These POS look for soft targets. Anywhere where guns are banned that is where these horrific scenes seem to happen.

Very true. Why would criminals attack a target where they will likely meet resistance and stand the possibility of losing?

Much easier to attack a bunch of defenseless folks.

Common sense for any criminal.

[font:Book Antiqua]People it’s dying.

America has to stop and reconsider

his gun control law...

Sadly this it’s not the first case

and if something it’s not done with gun control

it’s going to happen again.

Guns it’s a business,

but we have to consider the real price we pay for them.[/font]

Did they ever catch the guy at the Toronto mall shooting in the gun controlled Canada?

Nearly every person who comments like this knows nothing about gun control, the dangers of disarming a population and tends to liberal and/or young.

Maybe if this guy tried this in Texas, this would have been a whole different story.

Doubt he would have tried. These POS look for soft targets. Anywhere where guns are banned that is where these horrific scenes seem to happen.

Very true. Why would criminals attack a target where they will likely meet resistance and stand the possibility of losing?

Much easier to attack a bunch of defenseless folks.

Common sense for any criminal.

Once again, Tyler Texas courthouse shooting in 2005. Guy with assault rifle and body armor shoots his wife and son within view of several armed Sheriff's deputies. He proceeds to shoot it out with the deputies and injures several of them along with killing a bystander that tried to assist by shooting him in the back while he was focused on the deputies. There are people that simply aren't deterred by an armed population or the idea of dying. The guy in Tyler probably could have gotten to his wife and kid in another place where he wouldn't have to shoot it out with law enforcement but he chose to suicide by cop and to take as many with him as he could before they got him.

I fully understand people making a case to defend their right be bear arms but deterrence and the idea of someone carrying a pistol taking him down in the theater really doesn't make sense on this one. He wouldn't have been wearing body armor if he didn't expect he might be shot at. Simply pointing out that he was working on a way to blow up his apartment building and likely would have killed as many or more if he had been successful pretty much makes the point that he was going end up killing someone regardless of whether he got his hands on that assault rifle.

I'm really not trying to attack anyone's position on gun control but when I read people say either that we need to take away everyone's access to firearms or that if someone the audience was CCW then that this never would of happened I find either argument equally unrealistic.

ok...remind me why there is a thread about gun control in Comics General?

because I know sure as heck that at this point, nobody is really talking about the event itself anymore...

ok...remind me why there is a thread about gun control in Comics General?

because I know sure as heck that at this point, nobody is really talking about the event itself anymore...

The Mods tolerate certain persuasions of political speech? :shrug:

This is the dumbest post I have ever read on this forum. Congrats. It is my God given right to be able to defend myself and my family and through firearms and bullets is one way which I choose to.

Your argument follows the usual train of thought for someone who has no idea with what they are talking about in regards to gun rights. $10+ tax per bullet, um okay. Let us look up the stats over say the last decade in the US with how many people have been killed from say a firearm compared to say a car? Well I guess we should now add say a $1 Million tax per car that you wish to own because those car thingys are sure deadly and kill way more people than firearms do in this country each year.

This is getting political again.

Shows how adults can't have a simple conversation.

Lets focus on the victims and their families, NOT each own's political/personal views/