• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

Sometimes I wonder about the CCW people. You know there are situations where CCW's is worse than if no one had a gun. This happens to be one of them.

1. People say, "Well a trained conceal weapons person would have taken him out?

Really, they really train people to shoot at targets in the dark, with tear gas going off with people running in their line of fire as they are trying to shoot the HEAVILY ARMORED person in the DARK?

The fact is they don't. If ever there was a time to just shut up about this, it is this situation. Hey, the Virginia Tech was a better situation. The christian church shooter had a decent argument. The McDonald's shooter was a decent argument. But to argue that CCW's would have been better in this situation is pure blind bias.

A room full of 10 people shooting their weapons off in a tear gassed crowded room at a heavily armored person who is a nearly invisible target (Remember he was also wearing black in that dark room) with people running in the line of fire left, and right is never going to end well.

Face it, CCW's is not a universal solution for every single situation. It like being a gas station attendant, and thinking gas will work for every single vehichle you come across, and putting gas into diesel engines. Or thinking a football is the best thing to use in every single sport like Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey. Or thinking everyone needs to go on a diet including anorexic people.

Fact is there are exceptions to almost everything. The fact that Concealed Carry Weapons advocates can't realize that this is an exception to their rule seems to make me think they are completely biased to their cause, and can't see the forest through the trees. Here is a clue, sometimes concessions to certain points can actually make an argument stronger.

Good post

and to the gun thing it doesn`t matter,as James Holmes would have used something else like bombs. Look at his apartment,as it`s still a deadly situation there with booby traps, so if it wasn`t guns then Holmes would have found and used something else. What if he used hand grenades? Someone like this will find away,so let`s stop talking about gun control and focus on what sets a individual off to become disturbed like this?

I am hoping that Holmes wasn`t one of these nut jobs who got rejected by a woman, so he had to show her something. I smell some kinda of lover scorn rejected motive coming up.

2c

Sometimes I wonder about the CCW people. You know there are situations where CCW's is worse than if no one had a gun. This happens to be one of them.

1. People say, "Well a trained conceal weapons person would have taken him out?

Really, they really train people to shoot at targets in the dark, with tear gas going off with people running in their line of fire as they are trying to shoot the HEAVILY ARMORED person in the DARK?

The fact is they don't. If ever there was a time to just shut up about this, it is this situation. Hey, the Virginia Tech was a better situation. The christian church shooter had a decent argument. The McDonald's shooter was a decent argument. But to argue that CCW's would have been better in this situation is pure blind bias.

A room full of 10 people shooting their weapons off in a tear gassed crowded room at a heavily armored person who is a nearly invisible target (Remember he was also wearing black in that dark room) with people running in the line of fire left, and right is never going to end well.

Face it, CCW's is not a universal solution for every single situation. It like being a gas station attendant, and thinking gas will work for every single vehichle you come across, and putting gas into diesel engines. Or thinking a football is the best thing to use in every single sport like Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey. Or thinking everyone needs to go on a diet including anorexic people.

Fact is there are exceptions to almost everything. The fact that Concealed Carry Weapons advocates can't realize that this is an exception to their rule seems to make me think they are completely biased to their cause, and can't see the forest through the trees. Here is a clue, sometimes concessions to certain points can actually make an argument stronger.

Good post

and to the gun thing it doesn`t matter,as James Holmes would have used something else like bombs. Look at his apartment,as it`s still a deadly situation there with booby traps, so if it wasn`t guns then Holmes would have found and used something else. What if he used hand grenades? Someone like this will find away,so let`s stop talking about gun control and focus on what sets a individual off to become disturbed like this?

I am hoping that Holmes wasn`t one of these nut jobs who got rejected by a woman, so he had to show her something. I smell some kinda of lover scorn rejected motive coming up.

2c

Horrible news....

As for the debate above, I'm too tired to really engage the subject, but I will say that such occurrences would be much less frequent if people didn't have 7-11 type access to firearms and didn't live in such a gun-friendly culture. Heck, even Toronto had a horrible firearm incident this week...

But I do 100% agree that we need to look at the cause and be proactive about preventing it and helping these indivuduals instead of mitigating the damages.

Partial list of those killed:

Jessica Ghawi (Redfield)

John Larimer

Matt McQuinn

Micayla Medek

Alex Sullivan

I don't understand why releasing the names are important. Last thing I would want is a news crew parked outside my house as I try to make sense of losing someone at a midnight movie.

guns..

I'd rather have, then not, have. I have.

Just saying

Make owning guns mandatory like health insurance. If you don't own one you have to pay a fine. I would like to see how that would work. Then maybe Chicago officials wouldn't have to plead with the bad guys to stop killing children.

[font:Book Antiqua]People it’s dying.

America has to stop and reconsider

his gun control law...

Sadly this it’s not the first case

and if something it’s not done with gun control

it’s going to happen again.

Guns it’s a business,

but we have to consider the real price we pay for them.[/font]

Did they ever catch the guy at the Toronto mall shooting in the gun controlled Canada?

Nearly every person who comments like this knows nothing about gun control, the dangers of disarming a population and tends to liberal and/or young.

Maybe if this guy tried this in Texas, this would have been a whole different story.

As for the debate above, I'm too tired to really engage the subject, but I will say that such occurrences would be much less frequent if people didn't have 7-11 type access to firearms and didn't live in such a gun-friendly culture. Heck, even Toronto had a horrible firearm incident this week...

But I do 100% agree that we need to look at the cause and be proactive about preventing it and helping these indivuduals instead of mitigating the damages.

I want to go on record as saying that I probably shouldn't have posted that video of the old guy in the store robbery in this thread. It wasn't the time or the place for it. I agree now with most that making this a discussion about gun registration is off topic. It was just a heat of the moment type thing as this is a very sad and very emotional situation.

No matter whether it's sticks and stones, fire, guns or bombs, someone will always find a way to hurt others.

The root of the problem, the cause and prevention in my opinion is family, community, balance and care.

As many a psyche analyst and doctor will tell agree, most crimes such as this are committed by people who have some sort of problem perpetuated from their youth.

We all get busy and caught up with things - there are decisions in the past that I would do differently - maybe buy a smaller home, work less overtime, etc. That's what I would have changed if I could looking back.but if it can be helped, less distractions and more time with family is probably the best deterrent to helping someone start down a path that leads to crime of any sort. I know it sounds monotonous and everybody uses the same old line but that really is the simplest and most effective method.

Anyhow, sorry for the :preach: but just wanted to get that off my chest. I'm not trying to make it about me but more trying to inject a little positive into a very negative situation.

guns..

I'd rather have, then not, have. I have.

Just saying

Make owning guns mandatory like health insurance. If you don't own one you have to pay a fine. I would like to see how that would work. Then maybe Chicago officials wouldn't have to plead with the bad guys to stop killing children.

Sounds completely sane and rational :eyeroll:

[font:Book Antiqua]People it’s dying.

America has to stop and reconsider

his gun control law...

Sadly this it’s not the first case

and if something it’s not done with gun control

it’s going to happen again.

Guns it’s a business,

but we have to consider the real price we pay for them.[/font]

Did they ever catch the guy at the Toronto mall shooting in the gun controlled Canada?

Nearly every person who comments like this knows nothing about gun control, the dangers of disarming a population and tends to liberal and/or young.

Maybe if this guy tried this in Texas, this would have been a whole different story.

Doubt he would have tried. These POS look for soft targets. Anywhere where guns are banned that is where these horrific scenes seem to happen.

Jesus, people! Stop with the gun control/political nonsense already please. Take it to the WC.

Asking people not to comment on something that is central to the whole event is a waste of time. Like talking about 9/11 without mentioning the background of the terrorists because we don't want to offend. So we talk around the edges by being PC. That said won't and don't think I have commented about guns unless it is/was in response to someone elses anti-gun rant.

Jesus, people! Stop with the gun control/political nonsense already please. Take it to the WC.

Asking people not to comment on something that is central to the whole event is a waste of time. Like talking about 9/11 without mentioning the background of the terrorists because we don't want to offend. So we talk around the edges by being PC. That said won't and don't think I have commented about guns unless it is/was in response to someone elses anti-gun rant.

You flipped out over a Batman panel. Glad to know you're armed :eyeroll:

Doubt he would have tried. These POS look for soft targets. Anywhere where guns are banned that is where these horrific scenes seem to happen.

Like Colorado?

In a theater. In a school. In a church. Need I go on. Having the right to carry a gun in a state and then banning them from every place where people go into doesn't help the good guys.

You flipped out over a Batman panel. Glad to know you're armed :eyeroll:

Guess you missed the post where I said I don't own a gun. Who flipped out? I just gave my opinion which obviously offends your overly sensitive anti-gun ears.

I haven't read anything indicating he had an automatic weapon, so I don't know what that has to do with anything. Even if I had read that, I wouldn't believe it since nobody in the media knows the difference between automatic and semiautomatic anyways. Everything's just an "AK47" to them :eyeroll:

This guy who meticulously planned a mass-murder and then calmly carried it out really sounds like he would have been deterred by a few gun laws. Outlawing things people want doesn't make those items hard to get anyways (prohibition? war on drugs?).

I'd be all for less "gun control" (as if that's even a real thing with any teeth) if we had more goddamned bullet control. My suggestion, make bullets cost $10 each so some nutsak, a-hole can't go and buy 6000 freaking rounds.

You can make your own ammo you know.

Of course you could. And if some crazy guy wants to sit around and make 6000 bullets, so be it. As has already been pointed out, you can't really defend against somebody with that much crazy mixed together with that much conviction. If he wants to sit in his own feces and make bullets forever, so be it. The last thing we should do is make them so cheap he doesn't have to sit around and make them. Duh.

Anyway, making your own rounds doesn't negate the implication that paying through the nose for bullets might make people less able to purchase massive quantities of them and less apt to pump them into the bodies of innocent people.

Yeah, $10 bucks + tax for the most common bullets sounds about right to me. If you only have guns for protection then it shouldn't be a big deal, right? If you have guns b/c you like to hunt or target shoot or whatever, tough, hobbies are expensive, get over it.

Get rid of any law that infringes on a person's right to own a gun. Just make bullets cost more than a freaking decent pizza for effs sake.

I can understand why you feel this is a solution but in the end it really wouldn't change a crazy person from having what they want and would only take away from the literally millions of people who are law abiding gun owners.

Image the poor shooters there would be if people couldn't practice on a range, or with skeet because the cost of ammunition is too high.

I know you don't like guns but that doesn't mean others shouldn't have them. They are a tool, nothing more, nothing less.