• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

Like others have said,there is no way to prepare for crazy.This man is not right in the head.

I just don't know that this is the case. This was a methodically planned act of complete viciousness. It helps us grasp the enormity of the act by saying that this man was crazy, but I really don't see evidence of that. He was able to operate successfully in a society that generally doesn't allow crazy people to succeed.

This isn't a stupid person, he has a Masters Degree and was a candidate for a Phd. Up until yesterday he is what every parent dreamed their child would be.

Sometimes people are just bad or broken or whatever makes someone do what this young man did yesterday.

Some of the most intelligent people I've ever met have turned out to be some of the most socially dysfunctional/psychotic/unhinged/angry/maladjusted/etc people I've ever come to know...there's a fine line at times.

Not to disparage the intelligent...just saying...

I don't know the difference between insanity and premeditated murder...it rests in the mind of the killer...I always come back to a mixture of elements...all of which ultimately lead to a desensitization of the individual...allowing them to cross over and kill innocent people without conscious... (shrug)

Insanity...premeditated...whatever.

Give him a week and have a public execution.

Take the grandstand away from him. There's no need to tie up our court system over it.

I'll donate the rope. If they need a tree, I can furnish that too.

Right on! (thumbs u I think if we still had public hangings it would be a pretty good deterrent to commit crimes. (thumbs u

Like others have said,there is no way to prepare for crazy.This man is not right in the head.

I just don't know that this is the case. This was a methodically planned act of complete viciousness. It helps us grasp the enormity of the act by saying that this man was crazy, but I really don't see evidence of that. He was able to operate successfully in a society that generally doesn't allow crazy people to succeed.

This isn't a stupid person, he has a Masters Degree and was a candidate for a Phd. Up until yesterday he is what every parent dreamed their child would be.

Sometimes people are just bad or broken or whatever makes someone do what this young man did yesterday.

You can be crazy and prepared simultaniously. This guy was crazy and prepared.

Breakdown of family and morals in society might have something to do with it. High rate of broken families with parentless kids playing HALO 12 hours a day. Curious to see how his life history comes out. Maybe he was an outstanding clean cut guy that just snaped. Hard for me to believe that. Can't believe there weren't any red flags or warning signs along the way like Jeffrey Dahmer.

This is the exact answer (in bold).

I'd say we have better morals today. WOmen aren't beaten and forced to rely on their abusive husband to survive. What a horror! Kids playing Halo all day instead of torturing insects with a magnifying glass or burning down barns. No wonder this place is so up! Blacks entering restaurants in the same door as the rest of us? It all makes sense. But this is why it's not all that smart to judge one's morals. Remember what Jesus said on more than one occasion about judging people.

There is more slavery in America now than there was in the 19th century. Human trafficking of workers and of women in the sex trade has never been higher. The good old days, weren't, but neither is today.

I guess it depends on what you consider slavery. Slavery wasn't the only social injustice in Americas past. And at least it's illegal today.

Have we all forgotten Flight 97 already? Why didn't anyone tackle this dude?

Also, I really wish they would quit saying on the news that his hair color has to do with the Joker. After seeing the pics on TMZ I'd say he looks more like Ronald McDonald.

What would you of done if you was there? I bet you would of been hightailing it out of there like the rest.

I agree. Just look at the Columbine or Thurston shootings, or any mass casualty shooting. Planned from start to finish. I highly recommend reading Rage of the Random Actor.

Also, I really wish they would quit saying on the news that his hair color has to do with the Joker. After seeing the pics on TMZ I'd say he looks more like Ronald McDonald.

What would you of done if you was there? I bet you would of been hightailing it out of there like the rest.
I would have played dead. It's nice to think I'd be a hero, and who knows, in the panic of things maybe I'd lose my head and try to be a hero, but honestly playing dead sounds like the plan for me. I know I'll get called a coward for admitting it on the Internet where everybody is Rambo and Jason Statham's love child, but it is what it is. The people on flight 97 knew they were going to die no matter what and decided to sacrifice themselves. The people in the theater I'm sure we're all hoping they wouldn't get shot. Very different situations.

I agree. Just look at the Columbine or Thurston shootings, or any mass casualty shooting. Planned from start to finish. I highly recommend reading Rage of the Random Actor.

Not just massacre killers either. All kinds of severely sick and twisted individuals still manage to hatch a good plan. They could be hearing voices or have an insatiable urge to dissect everyone they love, and still have the foresight and planning of a chess champion.

I think it unfair to question the actions of people in these situations. I do not blame a single person for wanting to get out as fast as possible and get out alive. In this case you are in a dark and heavily crowded theater filled with tear gas, muzzle flash, people being killed, and mass panic.

You're also faced with the gunman being toward the bottom of the theater near the exit, thus giving him time and distance to anyone charging him unarmed. Time + distance = reaction. It must have been pure pandemonium in that place.

The CS gas alone would be more than enough motivation to get out - if you've never been exposed to tear gas, especially in a confined space, it is a horrendous experience and the only thought you have is to get out and get to air. Mix that in with all of the other elements and it must have been horrific to experience.

I think it unfair to question the actions of people in these situations. I do not blame a single person for wanting to get out as fast as possible and get out alive. In this case you are in a dark and heavily crowded theater filled with tear gas, muzzle flash, people being killed, and mass panic.

You're also faced with the gunman being toward the bottom of the theater near the exit, thus giving him time and distance to anyone charging him unarmed. Time + distance = reaction. It must have been pure pandemonium in that place.

The CS gas alone would be more than enough motivation to get out - if you've never been exposed to tear gas, especially in a confined space, it is a horrendous experience and the only thought you have is to get out and get to air. Mix that in with all of the other elements and it must have been horrific to experience.

Point I was trying to make 99.99% of the people would of hightailed out of there. I know I would of ran. He acted like he would of done something.

I haven't read anything indicating he had an automatic weapon, so I don't know what that has to do with anything. Even if I had read that, I wouldn't believe it since nobody in the media knows the difference between automatic and semiautomatic anyways. Everything's just an "AK47" to them :eyeroll:

This guy who meticulously planned a mass-murder and then calmly carried it out really sounds like he would have been deterred by a few gun laws. Outlawing things people want doesn't make those items hard to get anyways (prohibition? war on drugs?).

I'd be all for less "gun control" (as if that's even a real thing with any teeth) if we had more goddamned bullet control. My suggestion, make bullets cost $10 each so some nutsak, a-hole can't go and buy 6000 freaking rounds.

Point I was trying to make 99.99% of the people would of hightailed out of there. I know I would of ran. He acted like he would of done something.

I don't blame these people in the least. How could I question an unarmed civilian for fleeing an armed madman?

Flight 97 was a situation where there was no escape, and close quarters and no firearms where the terrorists were outnumbered and within arms reach of the passengers..

This is a large theater, with ample means of escape, with a heavily armed attacker. While the passengers on flight 97 realized there was no chance of escape and certain death regardless of their actions.

The situation is too different to compare it effectively.

I don't blame these people in the least. How could I question an unarmed civilian for fleeing an armed madman?

Flight 97 was a situation where there was no escape, and close quarters and no firearms where the terrorists were outnumbered and within arms reach of the passengers..

This is a large theater, with ample means of escape, with a heavily armed attacker. While the passengers on flight 97 realized there was no chance of escape and certain death regardless of their actions.

Couldn't of said it better myself :applause: BuffyFan acts like he would of been a hero in the theater. If I was in that situation I would of thought of one thing, and that would be to get the heck out of there

Anyone interested in trying to put together some sort of benefit for the victims and families?

I know we come together as a community when one of our own is in need and this is a bit different than that but just thought I'd see if there is interest.

I'm in!

Maybe we can start talking about some human kindness instead of some of the we have been talking about here and do some good.....

Anyone interested in trying to put together some sort of benefit for the victims and families?

I know we come together as a community when one of our own is in need and this is a bit different than that but just thought I'd see if there is interest.

I'm in!

Maybe we can start talking about some human kindness instead of some of the we have been talking about here and do some good.....

(thumbs u

It's actually stupid to think that a couple of men who had time to plan, gather their wits and say their goodbyes then rush a single man armed with what they thought might be a bomb in what amounted to a "no other choice" situation is in any way analogous to being in a dark, crowded theater rapidly filling with tear gas and gunshots, with no way of knowing what was happening and panic all around you.

Unless you're an armchair Spec Ops person using the magic of 20-20 hindsight, in which case it's obvious someone should have been able to find the person responsible and take them out