• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

Like others have said,there is no way to prepare for crazy.This man is not right in the head.

The more I read the news on this, the crazier the guy seems. CNN is reporting "The suspect in the mass shooting at an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater screening of the new Batman film early Friday had colored his hair red and told police he was "the Joker," according to a federal law enforcement source". He also told the police he had wired explosives in his apartment. I swear, I have this picture in my head of him doing a Joker bit in the interrogation when he was giving up the info on the apartment. His mother was also not surprised at all that her son was involved in this and said "You have the right person" when they told her he was involved. This is a completely sick person and it's not going to be good for the movies/comics if it turns out to be a copycat situation.

Like others have said,there is no way to prepare for crazy.This man is not right in the head.

I just don't know that this is the case. This was a methodically planned act of complete viciousness. It helps us grasp the enormity of the act by saying that this man was crazy, but I really don't see evidence of that. He was able to operate successfully in a society that generally doesn't allow crazy people to succeed.

This isn't a stupid person, he has a Masters Degree and was a candidate for a Phd. Up until yesterday he is what every parent dreamed their child would be.

Sometimes people are just bad or broken or whatever makes someone do what this young man did yesterday.

I just don't know that this is the case. This was a methodically planned act of complete viciousness. It helps us grasp the enormity of the act by saying that this man was crazy, but I really don't see evidence of that. He was able to operate successfully in a society that generally doesn't allow crazy people to succeed.

This isn't a stupid person, he has a Masters Degree and was a candidate for a Phd. Up until yesterday he is what every parent dreamed their child would be.

Sometimes people are just bad or broken or whatever makes someone do what this young man did yesterday.

His mom was not surprised at what her son had done. I strongly doubt that he was every parent's wet dream until 20+ hours ago...

Have we all forgotten Flight 97 already? Why didn't anyone tackle this dude?

Also, I really wish they would quit saying on the news that his hair color has to do with the Joker. After seeing the pics on TMZ I'd say he looks more like Ronald McDonald.

Anyone interested in trying to put together some sort of benefit for the victims and families?

I know we come together as a community when one of our own is in need and this is a bit different than that but just thought I'd see if there is interest.

further down the page at TMZ, says he played a video game for hours and hours......

Guitar Hero

Please! I am so sick of people and society blaming everything on video games, Metal music and movie violence.Lay the blame where the blame is,on a man who is a sociopath who murdered 12 people and injured 70 people.

Breakdown of family and morals in society might have something to do with it. High rate of broken families with parentless kids playing HALO 12 hours a day. Curious to see how his life history comes out. Maybe he was an outstanding clean cut guy that just snaped. Hard for me to believe that. Can't believe there weren't any red flags or warning signs along the way like Jeffrey Dahmer.

This is the exact answer (in bold).

I'd say we have better morals today. WOmen aren't beaten and forced to rely on their abusive husband to survive. What a horror! Kids playing Halo all day instead of torturing insects with a magnifying glass or burning down barns. No wonder this place is so up! Blacks entering restaurants in the same door as the rest of us? It all makes sense. But this is why it's not all that smart to judge one's morals. Remember what Jesus said on more than one occasion about judging people.

There is more slavery in America now than there was in the 19th century. Human trafficking of workers and of women in the sex trade has never been higher. The good old days, weren't, but neither is today.

Im not sure why people dont understand that when someone starts shooting, you need to just hit the deck and NOT try to run immediately. I understand it was a panic situation, but being calm is the best thing to do.

His mom was not surprised at what her son had done. I strongly doubt that he was every parent's wet dream until 20+ hours ago...

+1,000,000

Im not sure why people dont understand that when someone starts shooting, you need to just hit the deck and NOT try to run immediately. I understand it was a panic situation, but being calm is the best thing to do.

Whoa, whoa, way to blame the victims. (tsk)

Some of the most intelligent people I've ever met have turned out to be some of the most socially dysfunctional/psychotic/unhinged/angry/maladjusted/etc people I've ever come to know...there's a fine line at times.

Not to disparage the intelligent...just saying...

I don't know the difference between insanity and premeditated murder...it rests in the mind of the killer...I always come back to a mixture of elements...all of which ultimately lead to a desensitization of the individual...allowing them to cross over and kill innocent people without conscious... (shrug)

Some of the most intelligent people I've ever met have turned out to be some of the most socially dysfunctional/psychotic/unhinged/angry/maladjusted/etc people I've ever come to know...there's a fine line at times.

Not to disparage the intelligent...just saying...

I don't know the difference between insanity and premeditated murder...it rests in the mind of the killer...I always come back to a mixture of elements...all of which ultimately lead to a desensitization of the individual...allowing them to cross over and kill innocent people without conscious... (shrug)

Insanity...premeditated...whatever.

Give him a week and have a public execution.

Take the grandstand away from him. There's no need to tie up our court system over it.

I'll donate the rope. If they need a tree, I can furnish that too.