• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have You Seen the Fantastic Four #1 That Was Stolen From Me?

220 posts in this topic

Is there some sort of site devoted to finding stolen artwork?

I mean I would love to find a way to get my Rosa art back it sucks so much to have had it survive the housefire and then get stolen by stupid looters afterwards.

I have a picture of it I am sure at a con he could make another one for me if I ever go to another one..but it is the principal of the thing ..it was a picture of Uncle Scrooge with my cat (named Scrooge) who sadly passed away in the same housefire.

anyway worth asking ..hope you find you FF#1

i bought a couple books from him here on the boards back in Nov. of 2009. He had them graded as NM OR NM+, Captain America #111 and Avengers #58. When I received them they were closer to VF on a good day so I asked for a refund. He had stated in his sales thread that he would do just that if you were not satisfied. He didn't want to give a refund when I asked and he . argued with me thru PM. He even started a thread on here about it without giving all the details. Anyway he finally decided to give me a refund and told me to send the books back. He said he never received them, which could be true, but tracking showed they made it to his Post Office and then disappeared. He later told me he had a friend working there and would keep an eye out for them . They were never found. I had insurance with the PO and filed a claim and got paid back thru them. I have no doubt this guy is guilty of Mr. Zipper's FF #1. I hope you find it or him. Sorry for the long paragraph. Mark

Sounds like his friend at the Post Office succeeded.

Wow, there's probably a serious crime lurking there.

i bought a couple books from him here on the boards back in Nov. of 2009. He had them graded as NM OR NM+, Captain America #111 and Avengers #58. When I received them they were closer to VF on a good day so I asked for a refund. He had stated in his sales thread that he would do just that if you were not satisfied. He didn't want to give a refund when I asked and he . argued with me thru PM. He even started a thread on here about it without giving all the details. Anyway he finally decided to give me a refund and told me to send the books back. He said he never received them, which could be true, but tracking showed they made it to his Post Office and then disappeared. He later told me he had a friend working there and would keep an eye out for them . They were never found. I had insurance with the PO and filed a claim and got paid back thru them. I have no doubt this guy is guilty of Mr. Zipper's FF #1. I hope you find it or him. Sorry for the long paragraph. Mark

Another brick in the wall.

My account was hijacked about eight or nine years ago. The purpose was not to intercept packages but to accept money and never ship out product. I do not know how the thieves planned on executing their plan as they took out listings to see cars and car parts using my account.

That was dealt with rather quickly and eBay was helpful at the time in rectifying the situation.

I remember this guy also, he started a sells thread one time and asked for Pap pal personal in the listing, when I pointed it out to him that it was against the rules he got mad and posted a rude response.

It also seems like he's had multiple addresses (two in Arizona - one a PO box) and another in Renton, WA (most current).

I've caught at least two board references mentioning Boozad ( here and here - also mentioning Lake Havasu in Arizona). This is the only boardie I've seen him mention in a friendly way so perhaps they had a transactional history. These are also from 2009 so it seems like he's since moved from AZ.

He also mentions dealing with 5 dealers mostly. Smart way to remain low-key if you know dealers are less inclined to check these boards on a regular basis. Probably a good idea to bump this thread in hopes that some of the ones that are members here might recall any bad dealings.

I think at this point PL and HOS mentioning his full name and his partner (Autumn) seeing that he used the name for his eBay ID, and a link back to his thread, would be one way someone Googling his name might find out more info pertaining to his past activities.

He was on my list of guys I'd like to punch in the face if I ever met them at a convention.

Who else is on your list of people you would like to punch in the face at a convention?

He was on my list of guys I'd like to punch in the face if I ever met them at a convention.

Who else is on your list of people you would like to punch in the face at a convention?

lol

:popcorn:

:acclaim:

It's strange, this guy seems like a dangerous mix of brilliance and maliciousness....but he's dumb enough to use his real name?

Through observation and my own experiences falling victim to this breed of scammers, it's more the rule than the exception their lot are dabbling in other nefarious activity.

Do I need to add him to my "kicked in the nads at a convention list"

cause I will do it..

watch just watch some lil cry baby will turn me in saying I posted a threat to a pair..

Do I need to add him to my "kicked in the nads at a convention list"

cause I will do it..

watch just watch some lil cry baby will turn me in saying I posted a threat to a pair..

Mods notified. hm