• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Ah, just put it on a pull list and read it when it comes out. It's a still a good book with a lot of potential. (shrug)

And a new artist means it can only get better!! :headbang:

:wishluck: hoping this and No Place Like Home come out the same day.

The art

continues to suck. There's been release delays lately due to the subpar art.

The story

For you, Paperheart, if you didn't like issue #1, you likely won't enjoy the rest.

For someone one new to Bedlam: it's a crime mystery with a focus on psychotic serial killers.

A reformed killer who has become a new person helps the police investigate killing sprees.

If you enjoy television series Dexter & especially Luther, Bedlam is for you.

Edited by revivedrevival

The art

continues to suck. There's been release delays lately due to the subpar art.

The story

For you, Paperheart, if you didn't like issue #1, you likely won't enjoy the rest.

For someone one new to Bedlam: it's a crime mystery with a focus on psychotic serial killers.

A reformed killer who has become a new person helps the police investigate killing sprees.

If you enjoy television series Dexter & especially Luther, Bedlam is for you.

thanks

The art

continues to suck.

Interesting opinion. I have the opposite opinion, in that I think Riley's art in the first arc was the perfect fit for this series, and a main draw of the title.

There's been release delays lately due to the subpar art.

Interesting conjecture. Have any facts to back this up, or is it simply your choice to throw the artist under the bus? Presenting conjecture as fact is a bit disingenuous. There have been delays on BOTH arcs thus far, each with a different artist. As such, I think it'd be just as likely, if not more so, that the delays are the writer's fault, since he is the common denominator in both cases. Again, though, this is merely conjecture on my part, and is being stated as such.

Interesting conjecture. Have any facts to back this up, or is it simply your choice to throw the artist under the bus? Presenting conjecture as fact is a bit disingenuous. There have been delays on BOTH arcs thus far, each with a different artist. As such, I think it'd be just as likely, if not more so, that the delays are the writer's fault, since he is the common denominator in both cases. Again, though, this is merely conjecture on my part, and is being stated as such.

My sauce (source) was from reading these boards.

I was under the impression that the new artist was causing the most recent delay.

I LOVED Rossmo's art and was sad to see him go. I agree that I think he was a perfect fit. I feel like Browne was trying to be Rossmo, but they were tough shoes to fill.

I don't think delays are reality. Sure, we're in the middle of a lengthy break right now, but Spencer said that was going to happen. Nothing surprising. If you want real delays - head on over to the Nowhere Men thread. lol

You either like it or you don't. (shrug) I think this series has some really great potential. It's easy to say that about any series, but the character design was well thought out. How cool is Madder Red's mask?! Even the villains are somewhat interesting so far. And there is an interesting thought behind the entire premise of the book.

"Is evil just something you are or something you do."

I can't wait to see what Spencer has in store for us and anxiously await who the next artist will be (I just didn't like Browne :sorry: ).

2l89mqt.jpg

I was under the impression that the new artist was causing the most recent delay.

And...this is what happens when people start spouting unsubstantiated claims as fact. :(

I LOVED Rossmo's art and was sad to see him go. I agree that I think he was a perfect fit. I feel like Browne was trying to be Rossmo, but they were tough shoes to fill.

I don't think delays are reality. Sure, we're in the middle of a lengthy break right now, but Spencer said that was going to happen. Nothing surprising. If you want real delays - head on over to the Nowhere Men thread. lol

You either like it or you don't. (shrug) I think this series has some really great potential. It's easy to say that about any series, but the character design was well thought out. How cool is Madder Red's mask?! Even the villains are somewhat interesting so far. And there is an interesting thought behind the entire premise of the book.

"Is evil just something you are or something you do."

I can't wait to see what Spencer has in store for us and anxiously await who the next artist will be (I just didn't like Browne :sorry: ).

2l89mqt.jpg

+1

Don't mind the wait at all as long as the book comes back better than ever. I am glad there will be a new artist on the book, as I thought Browne was a pale imitation of Riley's work that, sadly, missed the mark. Maybe we can replace the cover artist (and the cover color scheme) while we are at it...?

And...this is what happens when people start spouting unsubstantiated claims as fact. :(

I was mistaken by my memory. I thought the recent delay was caused by the artist.

I was incorrect.

Maybe we can replace the cover artist (and the cover color scheme) while we are at it...?

Yep, agreed with this from the start, and agree with Harvey's comments. I liked the Rossmo cover variants much more than the regular covers. His style suited the concept so well.

I enjoyed the first arc a lot, but left off reading after issue 7. If anything, will probably just stick to the trades at this point.

I liked the first 5 or 6 covers. I feel like they were sort of eerie and fit the overall feeling of the book. It seemed like Madder Red's image was hidden in the backdrop cleverly of the earlier covers. They sort of went off track from that.

I guess I don't understand nor will I ever understand complaints regarding delays. If you are assured that a comic WILL get back on track and there ARE plans for future stories - just be happy when it comes out. There are plenty of great books to read released every month. Bedlam was the first book that got me to venture into Moderns and I'm looking forward to following it for the long run if they stay true to the characters and the character development. 2c

I was mistaken by my memory. I thought the recent delay was caused by the artist.

I was incorrect.

That's cool, and I'm not trying to single you out, as I know this type of "conjecture as fact" is all too common on these forums (and on this thread). These forums should be for sharing actual information, but all too often there is more misinformation than anything else, which can be very unfair to the creators.

I guess I don't understand nor will I ever understand complaints regarding delays. If you are assured that a comic WILL get back on track and there ARE plans for future stories - just be happy when it comes out. There are plenty of great books to read released every month. Bedlam was the first book that got me to venture into Moderns and I'm looking forward to following it for the long run if they stay true to the characters and the character development. 2c

+1

I am patient. Heck, most of the time the new books just get stacked in the corner, often for months, until I have an opportunity to binge-read them anyway. There are very few books that I read as they come out.

Edited by jjeanius