• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there will be no Bedlam in 2015. Spencer removed it from his twitter page bio blurb so.... yeah

I should be able to finish off my slabbed collection for about $15 a book ppd pretty soon

I'd say it is almost a given we'll never see more Bedlam.

Shame - I wonder what it was? Was it simply not selling enough? I don't like the silence when things like this happen, I feel like as someone that bought and supported the book when it was being released, I should get some amount of information as to why it is no longer happening. Maybe I'm wrong in that, but I do feel that way.

Nick Spencer should sell the rights for Madder Red and let someone else take over the character. There was a lot of potential with this title.

I liked it all - I wanted closure on the First as well. I think the visual look of the character was better than the background, I suppose Rossmo was responsible for that?

Hit up Google and found this: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2012/10/30/bedlam-art-comic-book-series/1669671/

I'd say it is almost a given we'll never see more Bedlam.

Shame - I wonder what it was? Was it simply not selling enough? I don't like the silence when things like this happen, I feel like as someone that bought and supported the book when it was being released, I should get some amount of information as to why it is no longer happening. Maybe I'm wrong in that, but I do feel that way.

I don't think sales were a problem, Rossmo leaviing because of creative differences started the end of it IMO. For an indie book that we heavily supported, yeah we do deserve some closure on it aside from Spencer's "it's coming eventually" or, my favorite snarky remark of his "nobody promised you any more issues this year". It's not just the copies we bought, it's the people we told, or showed the book to who then bought it themselves and passed it along as well

I was a die hard with Bedlam, same thing with Todd. Both books being shelved for over year is a waste of 2 fantastic characters

I have a #1 sketch NYCC 9.8 SS, a #1 Third Eye 9.8 SS (with an awesome Riley sketch of Madder's head around the city), and a #1 Phantom SS I will be selling very soon.

Doing some Spring cleaning of my slabs for the first time ever.

But not for $20.00, lol .

I hate being that guy, but this experience may make me more likely to avoid picking up these guys books in the future. I don't mean it in a malicious way, just that I'd rather get on board with a creator who is all on their books.

GPA

Detroit Fanfare 9.8 - $12

Phantom 9.8 - $26

Sketch 9.8 - $40

Third Eye 9.8 - $23

NYCC 9.8 - $23 (Last $17)

:gossip: Arrow pointing down.

I still need the Detroit Fanfare, I have it raw but eyeballing it it doesn't look like a 9.8 to me. I'll pay a little over GPA for it lol

I got the Forbidden Planet 9.8 unsigned in January for $40, that would've been unheard of 2 years ago, and probably too much money 2 months from now, but I had to have it