• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

That's what made the book a non-starter for me. Liked Nick Spencer from his DC work, liked Riley from PROOF...but when I read that part, I said to myself "Whoever could write something like this doesn't have kids". Spencer is free to write whatever he wants...but I don't need that in my entertainment.

I think I had this book built way up in my head prior to even reading a single issue.

I remember thinking that the premise/plot sounded very interesting and cool.

Then the panel in #1 with the kid and Madder happened, and honestly, it lost me after that.

I'm usually not a "softie", but it bothered me a lot. (Mission accomplished I'm sure for Mr. Spencer,haha.)

I kept reading, but never got completely vested in the ongoing story, then Riley left (I'm one of those that feel his artistic style fit Bedlam perfectly), and I really stopped caring. Still bought the book, but it slipped farther and farther towards the bottom of my reading pile.

At this point, my life wouldn't change at all if it never came out again.

That fact bums me out, compared to my attitude a year ago about the same book...

I found it pretty shocking and pointless when Madder was slitting a childs throat in #1 .

It felt like it was shock for shocks sake, Way too much for me and I love horror genres and hard core gore. Just uncalled for in my book. Way too much dialogue also IMO.

That's what made the book for me! Madder Red is not a nice guy

Same here :)

+ 10 , Fantastic book, kill them all. Great Villain , I agree Ryan, hopefully it changes..

Edited by Hulk44

It's been 7 months since Bedlam #11, do we have Spencer's permission to complain yet?

Or is it still within the "You got X amount of issues within X amount of months, so stop bichin" time frame?

Personally, I don't think it's ever coming back

What else is Nick writing besides Morning Glories?

Perhaps he's moving on to another industry?

Hollywood? TV?

Marvel junk and a few new Image titles on the way, which will probably all be late

which will probably all be late

No offense, but when I read comments like this all I can picture is:

2uz8nc4.gif

Spencer came on here and said he expected a lengthy delay but reassured us that he had big plans for the book. I just have it on my pull list and when it comes back - :banana: . Until then, there are plenty of good books being put out to "pass the time." (shrug)

Hollywood? TV?

Marvel junk and a few new Image titles on the way, which will probably all be late

Which current Marvel titles?

You own a shop, check your shelves :hi:

Hollywood? TV?

I did.

He's not writing any...

Hollywood? TV?

I did.

He's not writing any...

Umm...

Avengers World and Superior Foes of Spider-Man

OK - which comes out first? Bedlam 12, or Nowhere Men 7?

My money is on Bedlam 12 - more as a result of a complete lack of faith in Nate, rather than any real confidence in Nick.

And, just for the record: I will not pick up another Nick Spencer book until Bedlam 12 is on the shelves. If he can't honor his commitments to his "current" books, then why should we expect anything else on his next ones?

Hollywood? TV?

I did.

He's not writing any...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Nick+Spencer+Marvel

My money is on Bedlam 12 - more as a result of a complete lack of faith in Nate, rather than any real confidence in Nick.

I wonder if they are trying to stick to the same plan for Bedlam as Nate mentioned for Nowhere Men, and Ken for Todd ... to have an arc's worth of issues in the can, rather than gasping out one issue followed by another endless delay.

And, just for the record: I will not pick up another Nick Spencer book until Bedlam 12 is on the shelves. If he can't honor his commitments to his "current" books, then why should we expect anything else on his next ones?

This brings up a good point. There are some writers who I wont by another new book from them for the above reason. Off the top of my head Kevin Smith and JMS are two I can think for not finishing some of their books or waiting years to do it.

This brings up a good point. There are some writers who I wont by another new book from them for the above reason. Off the top of my head Kevin Smith and JMS are two I can think for not finishing some of their books or waiting years to do it.

Same here. The whole letting one book rot while he pumps out others deal bugs me