• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

When the next issue is announced, I'll have enough time to re-read the entire series so it can be fresh in my mind... I can't see this book being dropped just like that; Madder Red is too awesome and we need more of Fillmore Press!

OK - which comes out first? Bedlam 12, or Nowhere Men 7?

My money is on Bedlam 12 - more as a result of a complete lack of faith in Nate, rather than any real confidence in Nick.

And, just for the record: I will not pick up another Nick Spencer book until Bedlam 12 is on the shelves. If he can't honor his commitments to his "current" books, then why should we expect anything else on his next ones?

This brings up a good point. There are some writers who I wont by another new book from them for the above reason. Off the top of my head Kevin Smith and JMS are two I can think for not finishing some of their books or waiting years to do it.

+1

The next issue of BEDLAM is not late. It hasn't been solicited. That's a quite a difference some of you are ignoring. No one made a commitment to you on it. I've been very clear that the book is on hiatus.

It will be back at some point, hopefully in the not too distant future. In the meantime, however, I'm sorry, but there no issues we've promised you.

The next issue of BEDLAM is not late. It hasn't been solicited. That's a quite a difference some of you are ignoring. No one made a commitment to you on it. I've been very clear that the book is on hiatus.

It will be back at some point, hopefully in the not too distant future. In the meantime, however, I'm sorry, but there no issues we've promised you.

Any updates on a new artist? :popcorn:

:applause:

Awesome to have confirmation it will be back! Though I've been told it was stated before, I hadn't looked back to see for myself.

Yeah it was stated before. To be honest I loved this book and I can't wait for it to return. I don't feel Nick owes me anything though and I am happy for him and who ever the artist will be to take there time to keep up the awesomeness.

What else is Nick writing besides Morning Glories?

Perhaps he's moving on to another industry?

Hollywood? TV?

Marvel junk and a few new Image titles on the way, which will probably all be late

Which current Marvel titles?

You own a shop, check your shelves :hi:

I did.

He's not writing any...

Umm...

Avengers World and Superior Foes of Spider-Man

Ohhh, I was simply baiting somebody to point out The Eisner nominated Superior Foes of Spider-Man, It’s one of the best titles Marvel is producing right now.

My opinion.

1/26/14

The book had 11 issues out in about 14 and a half months. I have never seen fairly modest delays more overstated than on this book. Same thing with the variants. Not sure why we were targeted for such selective outrage, but hey, it is what it is.

We'll be back very soon, with our best story yet, I think. We're taking time to get some issues done before we solicit. Very excited about the artist on the next arc as well.

Much sooner, thanks.

Sorry I think most of us were thinking that "we`ll be back very soon" [on 1/26/14] or "much sooner" than 2015 meant that the book was a few months out. We apologize for taking you at your word. ;)

Seriously though, please do not blame us for loving Bedlam. We will hold pitch forks and nightly hangings until we get more Madder!

The potential for Bedlam / Madder Red was endless, but once a book goes to the dollar bins it's hard to get shop owners on board again when the series does come back. Today I was at 2 unrelated LCS's and both Bedlam and Todd were dollar binned

Madder Red is just too good of a character to waste. As much as I have problems with Marvel and DC at least I know I will have a book in my hands month after month until it is canceled or rebooted etc.........

Two of my favorite Marvel series were S.H.I.E.L.D. which is missing the final two issues, and Iron Man: Viva Las Vegas, which also just disappeared.

:applause:

Awesome to have confirmation it will be back! Though I've been told it was stated before, I hadn't looked back to see for myself.

Yeah it was stated before. To be honest I loved this book and I can't wait for it to return. I don't feel Nick owes me anything though and I am happy for him and who ever the artist will be to take there time to keep up the awesomeness.

Creators sort of owe the audience that supports them... well... everything.

My only real gripe when this happens with books is that many creators just refuse to be frank about it. They won't give anyone details, and then when rumors pop up many don't seem to like that.

Of course people are going to gossip, no one knows what the hell is going on.