• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

On an interesting note, I have a buddy who's a comic book guy and I feel he has fairly bad taste in comic book movies ( he thinks MoS is the greatest comic movie ever made). I'm surprised to find out today that he absolutely hated DoFP to the point where's he's ranting about it on Facebook. Funnily enough, he's not even ranting about it from a comic book perspective, he just thinks it's a terrible movie.

Curious as to what problems he had with the movie. I'm betting he went in to it wanting to hate it and wasn't going to be convinced otherwise.

That's what I find weird, because he's one of those guys that loves bright, shiny things (FX) and normally doesn't care how bad the story might be.

I think he might have something against the director if I follow what he's rambling on about.

Yeah, it's weird how that Bryan Singer controversy disappeared really fast....

My friend did mention that, so that might have colored his thinking a bit. Here's what he said " I could sit down and make a list of major issues with this film but the hopeless fanboys will just cry otherwise"

OK, apparently it didn't color his thinking: "Like, I'm not even letting my dislike of Bryan Singer cloud my judgement of the film right here, it's just a flat out bad film."

Sounds like someone was sitting in front of a mirror.

(:

Just walked out of the theater....

Uh, wow.

That was really, really good....

I am flabbergasted.

And if anyone cares...

1. Nolans BM Trilogy

2 Avengers

3. Winter Soldier

4. 89 Batman

5. X-Men DofP

6. IM1

I was not expecting this at all.

They even made me like Quicksilver, which was an impossible task going in.

Just walked out of the theater....

Uh, wow.

That was really, really good....

I am flabbergasted.

Had a friend cut out of work early today to give himself a break. He went to see this while the rest of us slaved over reports.

:sumo:

Now this fellow isn't a fan of comic book movies, and feels they are all so much fantasy wanna-be content.

He called a little while ago to give me the summary of how much he hated this movie.

'DUDE! You have to see this movie!'

I guess he liked it.

On an interesting note, I have a buddy who's a comic book guy and I feel he has fairly bad taste in comic book movies ( he thinks MoS is the greatest comic movie ever made). I'm surprised to find out today that he absolutely hated DoFP to the point where's he's ranting about it on Facebook. Funnily enough, he's not even ranting about it from a comic book perspective, he just thinks it's a terrible movie.

Curious as to what problems he had with the movie. I'm betting he went in to it wanting to hate it and wasn't going to be convinced otherwise.

That's what I find weird, because he's one of those guys that loves bright, shiny things (FX) and normally doesn't care how bad the story might be.

I think he might have something against the director if I follow what he's rambling on about.

Yeah, it's weird how that Bryan Singer controversy disappeared really fast....

My friend did mention that, so that might have colored his thinking a bit. Here's what he said " I could sit down and make a list of major issues with this film but the hopeless fanboys will just cry otherwise"

OK, apparently it didn't color his thinking: "Like, I'm not even letting my dislike of Bryan Singer cloud my judgement of the film right here, it's just a flat out bad film."

Sounds like someone was sitting in front of a mirror.

(:

That's why it's weird. He usually loves most comic book movies and we argue about them.

Ok. For those who have seen it. One thing still keeps bugging me.

Since Magneto already controlled the Sentinels, I couldn't understand why he needed to lift the football dome. It was magnificent eye candy and all, but could someone explain why it was required? I could see it needing to contain the Sentinels, but as I said, he already controlled them (at least that's what I thought). Don't really see it necessary to contain the humans, as Sentinels would do the job (or him) just fine.

As I think more about certain things I liked more about First Class. I'm still internally debating where I'd put DOFP.

I felt the Magneto FC backstory was a much more interesting character development than any of the characters in DOFP. In fact, there was very little of that, if all, simply because of too many characters to really focus on any (except maybe JLaw, that was sort of wasteful to me at least). Magneto was truly a great villain to be portrayed in movies; and Fassbender did him major justice. One of the few places where a movie representation might have even outdone the comics.

Another thing was that my wife didn't really follow the ending and 100% what was going on. It' s like the non Star Trek viewer who steps into a Trek movie and doesn't get all the inside jokes. I can see how someone not familiar with the DOFP storyline might get lost in all the characters and plot development.

I'm back from seeing X-Men:DOFP :)

And OMFG I loved it :applause:

My thoughts?

To those that think this is the Wolverine show are too thick headed.

This is really about Prof X,Magneto,and Mystique story wise (Wolverine is there to help Prof X)

When I first saw pics of Quicksilver,I like everyone else hated his look.

But boy did he make up for it in the movie.

He stole the scenes he was in (the kitchen scene was funny and awesome lol )

It reminded me a lot of Nightcrawler's WH scene in X2.

The actors were great in their roles :)

Blink & Bishop were stand outs as well (would love to see them again in the sequel)

Even though the original cast didn't get a lot of screen time,I still love the scenes they were in :)

Overall,I loved it :)

5 out of 5 for me (thumbs u

And it's currently my #1 movie of 2014 :headbang:

I do have some questions:

If Azazel is dead,then how will Mystique give birth to Nightcrawler?

Mystique shapeshifted into Stryker,does that mean she's the one that gave Wolverine his metal skeleton?

Also:

I love that Cyclops,Beast,and Jean Gray made cameos in the end of the movie.

I was not expecting it :applause:

And the post-credit scene:

BRING ON APOCALYPSE!!! :sumo:

So far, sounds like a big winner.

:applause:

It is, everyone should see it as soon as possible. I just got home from watching it and I thought it was terrific, it's definitely top 5 of all time territory.

Some notes:

Quicksilver absolutely steals the show. His appearance alone was worth the price of admission.

A lot of wrongs were righted and the best part of this film maybe that "The Last Stand" never happened.

I got tickets booked for the noon showing. From what I am hearing it will be epic. So my expectations going in are much higher then ASM 2.

So I expect X-Men: Days of Future Past to be at a level of Captain America: Winter Soldier going in.

:wishluck:

I didn't see WS2. But you will NOT be disappointed in this film.

You were right about X-Men: Days of Future Past!

(worship)

My thoughts?

This is really about Prof X,Magneto,and Mystique story wise (Wolverine is there to help Prof X)

Blink & Bishop were stand outs as well (would love to see them again in the sequel)

Even though the original cast didn't get a lot of screen time,I still love the scenes they were in :)

She did seem to be very upset about learning of his demise. I was also wondering

how Magneto had Quicksilver and Sis in jail over 10 years. Conjugal visits?

Mystique shapeshifted into Stryker,does that mean she's the one that gave Wolverine his metal skeleton?

hmm. hm Interesting, but say it ain't so ... please. No more Jlaw changes to the universe!

Also:

I liked seeing the learned and aged Beast. Too bad I read the freaking spoilers on Cyclops and Jean already... I have to stop with that temptation!

Edited by bronze_rules

My thoughts?

They don't have to go this route. Then again, maybe little Nightcrawler is already born and BAMFing.

Wolverine may no longer have Adamantium. He never pops his claws in the "new" future.

Also:

Wasn't expecting that either.

Very, very cool.

My thoughts?

She did seem to be very upset about learning of his demise. I was also wondering

how Magneto had Quicksilver and Sis in jail over 10 years. Conjugal visits?

hmm. hm Interesting, but say it ain't so ... please. No more Jlaw changes to the universe!

Also:

I liked seeing the learned and aged Beast. Too bad I read the freaking spoilers on Cyclops and Jean already... I have to stop with that temptation!

Quicksilver did say to Magneto that his mom dated someone like him (everyone laughed at that one lol )

If anything impacts this movie being a success, it will be this is the second week of Godzilla being out.

Forecast: 'X-Men' Targets $100 Million Memorial Day Debut

But I didn't realize this.

The movie is also opening day-and-date in nearly 100 countries. That includes all major markets except for Japan (May 30th) and Spain (June 6). The franchise hasn't been particularly strong overseas—the biggest entry was last year's The Wolverine with $282 million—though that will likely change this time around. An opening weekend north of $100 million seems likely.

Interesting forecasts.

Forecast (May 23-25)

1. X-Men - $98 million ($119 million four-day)

2. Godzilla - $38.2 million (-59%)

3. Blended - $23 million ($29 million four-day)

4. Neighbors - $15.3 million (-39%)

5. Spider-Man - $9.2 million (-45%)

Agree with everyone about the movie and to me it's been the best x-men movie to date and the second best superhero movie of this year.

here is my list for this year

Captain America the winter solder

X-men: Days of future past

Amazing Spider-man 2

Here's my ranking of the X-Men films:

1.X-Men:Days of Future Past

2.X2

3.The Wolverine

4.X-Men:First Class

5.X-Men

6.X-Men:The Last Stand

7.X-Men Origins:Wolverine