• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Just got home from watching it. People did applaud in the end. I thought it rated a strong B+. It had a great cast with spectacular FX. I just wish this guy had gotten more screen time...

quicksilver-xmen-days-future-past-carls-jr.jpg

Think about that statement...

Four days ago, if someone would have told me I would walk out of that movie loving me some Quicksilver, I would have smacked them silly....

As I keep thinking about this movie, I am actually liking it more and more.

I gotta go see it again. No choice.

Just got home from watching it. People did applaud in the end. I thought it rated a strong B+. It had a great cast with spectacular FX. I just wish this guy had gotten more screen time...

Four days ago, if someone would have told me I would walk out of that movie loving me some Quicksilver, I would have smacked them silly....

+1 I was first in line at the bar serving haterade. I was wrong and could not be happier about it. He really stole the show. That's the kind of stuff that catches a kid's imagination. :applause: to the actor and the writers.

Saw it today and loved it! Another great superhero movie film. I think it is as good as Winter Solider. Been quite a while since I enjoyed an X-Men movie. I hope it continues to be as good or better when the next film comes out.

Saw it yesterday. As suspected, Singer redeemed himself with this movie. I really wish he stuck around for X3.

On a somewhat related note the trailer for Hercules was so crappy I laughed out loud when I saw Ratner directed it.

One question:

who is Jason Stryker?.

The guy that experimented on Wolverine. There's two incarnations that can be seen in X2 and XO:Wolverine

I thought that was William Stryker, Jason is his son.

You're correct. Jason Stryker is the mutant son of William Stryker; following his father's orders, Jason battles Professor X in X2 almost causing Xavier, using Dark Cerebro, to kill all mutants. Later with Mystique posing as William Stryker, Magneto orders Jason to coherce Charles into killing all humans.

Jason also shows up in X-Men Origins:Wolverine.

I saw the movies last night with my family and we all loved it! :gossip: Especially me! I actually want to go see it again soon.

A couple quick questions please:

I guess I am not real current on my X-Men continuity. When/what issue's does Kitty Pride gain powers to send people through time? Does she even do this in the comics or is it a movie thing? My wife scanned her page on wikipedia last night for me while we were in bed but didn't see anything about it....weird.

And next:

What should I read (hopefully in collected editions or TPB) to get the 411 on Apocalypse? I do not know much about him but would like to get caught up for the future movie.

Again I thought it was a great movie. I'm thinking it is my favorite out of all the X-Men movies. I'm gonna watch them all again when I have time in the near future and come back to that thought.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet......GO SEE IT, YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!

+1 I was first in line at the bar serving haterade. I was wrong and could not be happier about it. He really stole the show. That's the kind of stuff that catches a kid's imagination. :applause: to the actor and the writers.

You guys aren't alone in this. My sister couldn't care less about the X-men but she loves American Horror Story and therefore loves the actor who portrayed Quicksilver. That's the only reason she wanted to watch this movie and when she told me she was excited to see it because of him I said she was crazy and started going on about his costume and all this other stuff. In the end, after watching the film, his brief part in the film was worth the price of admission alone. lol , just goes to show you that you shouldn't rush to make judgements about something you haven't yet seen.

Saw the movie last night with my three boys and their friends. Age range 9-12. They couldn't stop talking about how "awesome" and "cool" quicksilver was in the movie. All thought they would like to have his powers. Fun time. I would definetly see it again

HOLY!

BOX OFFICE: X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Passes $250M Worldwide After Huge US Debut

With an estimated three day total of $90 million and a four day cume of around $110 million, Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past has already passed $261 million worldwide after just a few days of release (and with a budget of $225 million, those numbers are VERY good).

X-men-opening-grosses-chart-annotated-v3__140525142256-575x436.png

I saw the movies last night with my family and we all loved it! :gossip: Especially me! I actually want to go see it again soon.

A couple quick questions please:

I guess I am not real current on my X-Men continuity. When/what issue's does Kitty Pride gain powers to send people through time? Does she even do this in the comics or is it a movie thing? My wife scanned her page on wikipedia last night for me while we were in bed but didn't see anything about it....weird.

And next:

What should I read (hopefully in collected editions or TPB) to get the 411 on Apocalypse? I do not know much about him but would like to get caught up for the future movie.

Again I thought it was a great movie. I'm thinking it is my favorite out of all the X-Men movies. I'm gonna watch them all again when I have time in the near future and come back to that thought.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet......GO SEE IT, YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!

In the original story it was a young Kitty Pryde sent through time, the logic being that since she was so new to the X-Men, that she hadn't been trained in repelling psychic attacks yet. She was sent back by Franklin Richard's GF, a telepath named Rachel...the implication being that she was the daughter of Scott Summers and Jean Grey.

In the movie of course, Wolverine must be sent back because he means $$$.

It looks like the worldwide number went up by a few million.

Box Office: 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Nabs Record $281.1M Globally; 'Blended' Bombs

Days of Future Past also marked Fox's top international opening of all time, besting Avatar.

Overseas, Day of Future Past took in $37.7 million in China, the studio's second-best opening of all time after Titanic 3D, which went on to earn a massive $150 million. Additionally, Days of Future Past marked Fox's biggest opening in 11 markets, including South Korea ($13.5 million). Elsewhere, it debuted to $14.2 million in the U.K., and to $13.5 million in France, the biggest launch of the year to date for a Hollywood title.

In North America, Days of Future Past scored the fifth-best Memorial Day opening of all time after Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End ($139.8 million), Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ($126.9 million), X-Men: The Last Stand ($122.9 million) and last year's Fast & Furious 6 ($117 million).

:applause: