• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

All I can say is Wow what a great movie!

It has been a long time since I seen a movie that I liked so much I could instantly watch again.

I think I have found the best X-men movie so far.

And this movie does what I never seen before where this story and hollywood treatment was better than the comic itself.

Congrats to Fox. They wear the crown for marvel movies that aren't currently under Disney control.

:golfclap:

Haven't seen the movie yet (tomorrow morning 10:15), but I thought I'd share this interesting bit of info. Should make marvelfangirl happy.

Hugh Jackman Walks Back His Potential Wolverine Retirement

Despite earlier comments about giving up the role, Jackman now says that he "can't see an end date" to playing the X-Man if the scripts remain high quality.

All I can say is Wow what a great movie!

It has been a long time since I seen a movie that I liked so much I could instantly watch again.

I think I have found the best X-men movie so far.

And this movie does what I never seen before where this story and hollywood treatment was better than the comic itself.

Congrats to Fox. They wear the crown for marvel movies that aren't currently under Disney control.

:golfclap:

No love for Sony?

:)

I might be in the minority, but I didn't like the film at all.

Actually wasn't a fan of any of the movies in the series, but did (for the most part) enjoy both First Class and the last Wolverine movie.

(I did love that Claremont made a cameo in it, Len Wein too, but I've never seen what he looks like to have caught that).

(I just saw Spider-Man 2 on Monday too, which was completely atrocious).

I told my friend in the theater that the end scene should have been something for Spider-Man since they had something for them in his movie.

Either way, Marvel - I want my $20 from this week.

I could be wrong, but I think you will be in the minority. I was a skeptic walking in. I didn't care for the first 3 films (enjoyed First Class) but DOPF was shockingly well done and entertaining beginning to end, light years better than all that came before. Great film,and a nice save by Fox.

Edited by Tom473

I might be in the minority, but I didn't like the film at all.

Actually wasn't a fan of any of the movies in the series, but did (for the most part) enjoy both First Class and the last Wolverine movie.

(I did love that Claremont made a cameo in it, Len Wein too, but I've never seen what he looks like to have caught that).

(I just saw Spider-Man 2 on Monday too, which was completely atrocious).

I told my friend in the theater that the end scene should have been something for Spider-Man since they had something for them in his movie.

Either way, Marvel - I want my $20 from this week.

Since I stop reading your post at you didnt like First class and you are the first person to say you disliked DOFP over the many that have liked the movie I would say you are def in the smallest minority possible.

Most were split on ASM2 but DOFP seems to be well liked (even loved) across the board. I felt ASM2 was pretty bad as well but I thought DOFP was amazing. I think this may be another case of trailer/footage overload where you may have seen most of the film before walking into the theater and that took away from the experience while at the same time raising your expectation levels to unrealistic heights. There was another boardie a few pages back who expressed the same sentiment. This is why I go in blind to films which I know without a doubt I'll end up watching and its really heightened my experience. Do you perhaps think this had anything to do with you not liking the film? hm

Just got home from seeing it. Great movie! The action scenes with the sentinels were amazing. I particularly loved how Blinks powers were show cased. Quicksilvers action scenes were most enjoyable. Strong performances all the way around! It was awesome to see all the retconned characters in the fixed future. Particularly two of them! Couple of nice cameos. This one is just about up there with winter soldier for me on an enjoyment level.

Just saw the movie, absolutely incredible!

As I stated before I thought this movie was going to be worst POS in history of comic book movies, but once I saw the 2nd trailer I quickly changed my mind.

This is tied with X-men FC as the best X-men movie of all time. :applause:

Seems to me the homage or retconn of Jean, Cyclops, old Beast, Rogue, and the students at the mansion was the final bow to the old trilogy. I think that was all those actors/actresses last movie from the first 3 films besides Hugh Jackman. Very doubtful Ian or Patrick will be back as I don't see the need for them anymore.

The 2016 movie seems it will be set in 1980's so McAvoy and Fassbender are set to reprise their roles I am assuming with hopefully new actors/actresses to play Scott, Storm, and Jean as well. Assuming the timeline of the next movie since Prof. X tells Logan he has to catch him up on everything that has happened since the early 70's.

IMO that was the coolest and best cut scene in the history of all the comic movies ever!

Apocalypse w/4 hoursman. Spoon yeah!

As I stated before I thought this movie was going to be worst POS in history of comic book movies, but once I saw the 2nd trailer I quickly changed my mind.

Seems to me the homage or retconn of Jean, Cyclops, old Beast, Rogue, and the students at the mansion was the final bow to the old trilogy. I think that was all those actors/actresses last movie from the first 3 films besides Hugh Jackman. Very doubtful Ian or Patrick will be back as I don't see the need for them anymore.

The 2016 movie seems it will be set in 1980's so McAvoy and Fassbender are set to reprise their roles I am assuming with hopefully new actors/actresses to play Scott, Storm, and Jean as well. Assuming the timeline of the next movie since Prof. X tells Logan he has to catch him up on everything that has happened since the early 70's.

IMO that was the coolest and best cut scene in the history of all the comic movies ever!

:applause:

I remember your earlier comments, and was looking forward to your review. Now I know this is a movie I must see. My like list before seeing DoFP.

FAVORITES:

- X2

- First Class

- The Wolverine

- X1

- X3 (only on the list to denote rank order)

PAINFUL TO WATCH BECAUSE OF WASTED POTENTIAL:

- XO: Wolverine

:applause:

I remember your earlier comments, and was looking forward to your review. Now I know this is a movie I must see. My like list before seeing DoFP.

FAVORITES:

- X2

- First Class

- The Wolverine

- X1

A decent amount of Wolverine Origins was fun, but the towards the end and w/the ending was just such a joke. Zombie Deadpool. :censored: Hollywood m orons.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

BOX OFFICE: X-MEN: DOFP Opens Big! Could Beat WINTER SOLDIER's 3-Day Total

Deadline reports: Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past pulled in $36M on Friday at the North American box office. Add in $8.1M from Thursday night and the film is now on pace for "$97M+ 3-day gross." As long as the film doesn't drop more than 10% on Saturday and Sunday X-Men: DOFP will eclipse the 2014 3-day record Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier set with $95M.

Wow! Lining up the Blu-Ray special release already at Amazon.

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Exclusive 3D Blu-Ray Set Revealed

Even though 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment hasn't officially announced its upcoming Blu-ray/DVD release of Bryan Singer's critically acclaimed X-Men: Days of Future Past yet, Amazon has already made the film available for pre-orders.

- Amazon Exclusive 3D Blu-ray Edition

- Deluxe Blu-ray 3D Edition

- Standard Blu-ray Edition

DEMkNuj.jpg

FAVORITES:

- X2

- First Class

- The Wolverine

- X1

Pretty much my list.

I've always regarded The Last Stand, the Superman III of the X-franchise. It has moments, but it was like it was stolten from a talented director and directed by a producer hack like Richard Lester. Ratner never got the underling themes from the material to begin with and was just making a popcorn movie. Too bad, it rode the momentum of the Singer films to reward this kind of studio greed. If I remember right, Singer did leave to make Superman though, instead of this movie first. A missed opportunity for the fans.

XO: Wolverine is an interesting egg. You can sit through most of it without thinking much about it, but when it's over, you wind up hating yourself in the morning. It made me drag my feet to see the much superior The Wolverine. Especially, since the sequel was directed by Hugh's Kate & Leopold's director James Mangold. It gave me a feeling of an actor too comfortable to have a "controlled" studio director again.

XO: Wolverine is an interesting egg. You can sit through most of it without thinking much about it, but when it's over, you wind up hating yourself in the morning. It made me drag my feet to see the much superior The Wolverine. Especially, since the sequel was directed by Hugh's Kate & Leopold's director James Mangold. It gave me a feeling of an actor to comfortable to have a "controlled" studio director again.

There are definitely scenes in the XO: Wolverine movie I enjoy watching. And although different than your comic-based Sabretooth, I think Liev Schreiber really captured the ferocity and deviousness of the character.

When I ran into Schreiber at the airport the previous year, I so wanted to ask him about his performance. But I wasn't sure if he saw it as a high point in his career, or a failure because of the performance of the film. So I left it alone. But I probably should have asked, as I am sure he felt good about his part in the film. It's the mess that the -script became that really took that movie down a horrible path.

XO: Wolverine is an interesting egg. You can sit through most of it without thinking much about it, but when it's over, you wind up hating yourself in the morning. It made me drag my feet to see the much superior The Wolverine. Especially, since the sequel was directed by Hugh's Kate & Leopold's director James Mangold. It gave me a feeling of an actor to comfortable to have a "controlled" studio director again.

There are definitely scenes in the XO: Wolverine movie I enjoy watching. And although different than your comic-based Sabretooth, I think Liev Schreiber really captured the ferocity and deviousness of the character.

When I ran into Schreiber at the airport the previous year, I so wanted to ask him about his performance. But I wasn't sure if he saw it as a high point in his career, or a failure because of the performance of the film. So I left it alone. But I probably should have asked, as I am sure he felt good about his part in the film. It's the mess that the -script became that really took that movie down a horrible path.

Liev Schreiber was definitely one of the few highlights of the film. He was far superior than the seldom speaking-often growling version of Sabertooth ( :facepalm: ) from X1.

Edited by Kal-El

For anyone that has seen it. I am thinking of taking my 10 year old daughter. My 12 year old boy has no choice.

Is there anything in the movie I should be concerned about for a 10 year old girl? The violence and language I am not overly concerned about.

Jackman is very briefly nude. I can't think of much else.

For anyone that has seen it. I am thinking of taking my 10 year old daughter.

My friend brought his niece that is about that age, he went to cover her eyes when Wolverine gets out of bed naked but it was over before he could and they both laughed. That was it really.