• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Just saw the movie, absolutely incredible!

As I stated before I thought this movie was going to be worst POS in history of comic book movies, but once I saw the 2nd trailer I quickly changed my mind.

This is tied with X-men FC as the best X-men movie of all time. :applause:

Seems to me the homage or retconn of Jean, Cyclops, old Beast, Rogue, and the students at the mansion was the final bow to the old trilogy. I think that was all those actors/actresses last movie from the first 3 films besides Hugh Jackman. Very doubtful Ian or Patrick will be back as I don't see the need for them anymore.

The 2016 movie seems it will be set in 1980's so McAvoy and Fassbender are set to reprise their roles I am assuming with hopefully new actors/actresses to play Scott, Storm, and Jean as well. Assuming the timeline of the next movie since Prof. X tells Logan he has to catch him up on everything that has happened since the early 70's.

IMO that was the coolest and best cut scene in the history of all the comic movies ever!

Apocalypse w/4 hoursman. Spoon yeah!

McAvoy and Fassbender really have injecting new life into this series,and both should be commended by their performances.

Just saw the movie, absolutely incredible!

As I stated before I thought this movie was going to be worst POS in history of comic book movies, but once I saw the 2nd trailer I quickly changed my mind.

This is tied with X-men FC as the best X-men movie of all time. :applause:

Seems to me the homage or retconn of Jean, Cyclops, old Beast, Rogue, and the students at the mansion was the final bow to the old trilogy. I think that was all those actors/actresses last movie from the first 3 films besides Hugh Jackman. Very doubtful Ian or Patrick will be back as I don't see the need for them anymore.

The 2016 movie seems it will be set in 1980's so McAvoy and Fassbender are set to reprise their roles I am assuming with hopefully new actors/actresses to play Scott, Storm, and Jean as well. Assuming the timeline of the next movie since Prof. X tells Logan he has to catch him up on everything that has happened since the early 70's.

IMO that was the coolest and best cut scene in the history of all the comic movies ever!

Apocalypse w/4 hoursman. Spoon yeah!

:applause:

I remember your earlier comments, and was looking forward to your review. Now I know this is a movie I must see. My like list before seeing DoFP.

FAVORITES:

- X2

- First Class

- The Wolverine

- X1

- X3 (only on the list to denote rank order)

PAINFUL TO WATCH BECAUSE OF WASTED POTENTIAL:

- XO: Wolverine

A decent amount of Wolverine Origins was fun, but the towards the end and w/the ending was just such a joke. Zombie Deadpool. :censored: Hollywood m orons.

If we take Zombie Deadpool out of that movie we will find the movie is actually decent. I think Zombie Deadpool was the turn off for most people not liking Wolverine: Origins.

Haven't seen the movie yet (tomorrow morning 10:15), but I thought I'd share this interesting bit of info. Should make marvelfangirl happy.

Hugh Jackman Walks Back His Potential Wolverine Retirement

Despite earlier comments about giving up the role, Jackman now says that he "can't see an end date" to playing the X-Man if the scripts remain high quality.
:whee:

XO: Wolverine is an interesting egg. You can sit through most of it without thinking much about it, but when it's over, you wind up hating yourself in the morning. It made me drag my feet to see the much superior The Wolverine. Especially, since the sequel was directed by Hugh's Kate & Leopold's director James Mangold. It gave me a feeling of an actor to comfortable to have a "controlled" studio director again.

There are definitely scenes in the XO: Wolverine movie I enjoy watching. And although different than your comic-based Sabretooth, I think Liev Schreiber really captured the ferocity and deviousness of the character.

When I ran into Schreiber at the airport the previous year, I so wanted to ask him about his performance. But I wasn't sure if he saw it as a high point in his career, or a failure because of the performance of the film. So I left it alone. But I probably should have asked, as I am sure he felt good about his part in the film. It's the mess that the -script became that really took that movie down a horrible path.

I thought XO: Wolverine was great at the beginning when it focused in on Wolverine and his story. It was interesting when it was a character study and I enjoyed the love story and him working in the wilderness. It sort of had a Wolverine Origins (the first mini) feel to it.

Then it just fell off the rails. I haven't seen it since the first time I did in theaters, but I think I'm perfectly fine with that fact.

XO: Wolverine is an interesting egg. You can sit through most of it without thinking much about it, but when it's over, you wind up hating yourself in the morning. It made me drag my feet to see the much superior The Wolverine. Especially, since the sequel was directed by Hugh's Kate & Leopold's director James Mangold. It gave me a feeling of an actor to comfortable to have a "controlled" studio director again.

There are definitely scenes in the XO: Wolverine movie I enjoy watching. And although different than your comic-based Sabretooth, I think Liev Schreiber really captured the ferocity and deviousness of the character.

When I ran into Schreiber at the airport the previous year, I so wanted to ask him about his performance. But I wasn't sure if he saw it as a high point in his career, or a failure because of the performance of the film. So I left it alone. But I probably should have asked, as I am sure he felt good about his part in the film. It's the mess that the -script became that really took that movie down a horrible path.

I thought XO: Wolverine was great at the beginning when it focused in on Wolverine and his story. It was interesting when it was a character study and I enjoyed the love story and him working in the wilderness. It sort of had a Wolverine Origins (the first mini) feel to it.

Then it just fell off the rails. I haven't seen it since the first time I did in theaters, but I think I'm perfectly fine with that fact.

I did like the dynamics between Sabertooth and the Wolverine relationship. With this movie it is becoming a cult classic like the Beastmaster movie because it has been played so many times on FX. I watch bits and pieces of it all the time when I channel surf. lol

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I think there is a ton about Origins that sucks (Zombie Deadpool, Gambit, Black Eyed Peas guy, Blob)... but there is a LOT in that movie that was really good.

Reynolds as Wade was great

Liev as Sabertooth was great

Huston as Stryker was great

I think there is a ton about Origins that sucks (Zombie Deadpool, Gambit, Black Eyed Peas guy, Blob)... but there is a LOT in that movie that was really good.

And that's what they mean by 'so much potential wasted' with the overall movie. These folks were fantatic with their character representations, had some solid scenew throughout. And then somewhere the darn -script went squirrely.

Now with 'The Wolverine' I can watch that repeatedly and not be disappointed. Especially with the Japanese prison scene, where when pictures of this scene was being shot I wondered what they were messing up now. It was a great scene to show how old Logan is, and his link to the past with Yashida. Even the soundtrack is a fun listen from this movie.

And that's what they mean by 'so much potential wasted' with the overall movie. These folks were fantatic with their character representations, had some solid scenew throughout. And then somewhere the darn -script went squirrely.

Now with 'The Wolverine' I can watch that repeatedly and not be disappointed. Especially with the Japanese prison scene, where when pictures of this scene was being shot I wondered what they were messing up now. It was a great scene to show how old Logan is, and his link to the past with Yashida. Even the soundtrack is a fun listen from this movie.

Great stuff. Also the scene when Wolverine returns to Nagasaki was chilling.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Just got home from seeing it. Great movie! The action scenes with the sentinels were amazing. I particularly loved how Blinks powers were show cased. Quicksilvers action scenes were most enjoyable. Strong performances all the way around! It was awesome to see all the retconned characters in the fixed future. Particularly two of them! Couple of nice cameos. This one is just about up there with winter soldier for me on an enjoyment level.

I agree Blinks action scenes were great.

For me, I really enjoyed it up until the stoopid plot mechanics started taking over, (just in case).

Lynn Collins faking her death to frame Sabretooth which sends Wolverine in a rage to join forces with Stryker again to put admantium in his body while... (I've actually seen better storylines in Marvel coloring books lol )

The 2nd unit director's presence was there all too much also as director Gavin Hood couldn't set up the action scenes with any kind of jeopardy to save his life. Basically, Wolverine is invincible at the middle of the movie and pretty much sucks any kind of suspense you might have for the character out of it. All, that's left is well choreographed action scenes, that Walker: Texas Ranger and Trivette could sleepwalk through (dodging bullets on motorcyles, slow-mo walking from explosions, etc).

The real drama was Logan's emotional and physical battle with his brother. That should have been at this movie's climax, not saving a bunch of random X-brats and fighting Deadpool -2.0.

No matter how good some of the supporting characters played their roles, this movie was severly over-stuffed with characters for a solo character franchise vehicle. I would rate it: Two stars, when I'm in a good mood. There are worse funnybook movies. lol