• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Colossus being pulled in half ? Check. No problems with the kiddies seeing that.

Iceman's decapitation complete with rolling head ? Check. No problem there, either.

Various X-men being sliced, diced and skewered ? Not an issue.

Wolvie's naked butt for 3 or 4 seconds ? OH MY GOD ! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN ? :o

That's exactly what I was thinking. This clearly was not a kids movie, so I didn't have a problem with the nudity or the cussing. Especially since it was very minimal.

I might be in the minority, but I didn't like the film at all.

Actually wasn't a fan of any of the movies in the series, but did (for the most part) enjoy both First Class and the last Wolverine movie.

(I did love that Claremont made a cameo in it, Len Wein too, but I've never seen what he looks like to have caught that).

(I just saw Spider-Man 2 on Monday too, which was completely atrocious).

I told my friend in the theater that the end scene should have been something for Spider-Man since they had something for them in his movie.

Either way, Marvel - I want my $20 from this week.

I don't think MARVEL is involved with either movie.

Regardless, neither was worth the money or time I spent.

That's fair, but don't blame MARVEL for those! We give MARVEL enough flack as it is, but let's only discredit them where it's due! :insane:

Just saw it!

My review...

From the very start, I was entertained. The way Blink, Bishop, Iceman, Colossus, Warpath, Kitty, and Storm fought as a team quickly reminded me of the kind of X-Men teamwork from the early UXM comics. The story was so well done, and makes the original DOFP story look incredibly underdeveloped. The movie was capable of bouncing back and forth from past to future seamlessly (which can be hard to do with time travel films). Every character had their moment to shine, and Quicksilver was ridiculously likeable! What I possibly loved most was that it tied EVERYTHING together, and cleverly cleaned up the mess that the Last Stand left behind. Overall, the film is all about superior story telling (probably the best story ever told in a superhero movie). My only complaint is that I wish there was just a little more action, and that Quicksilver had more screen time. Aside from that, this is easily one of the better X films, and I will definitely be buying it on bluray!

My List...

1. X2

2. DOFP

3. First Class

4. X1

5. The Wolverine

6. Origins

7. Last Stand :facepalm:

I actually watched the second half of LAST STAND in FAST FORWARD. It was THAT BAD.

The Logan gratuitous butt shot completely reminded me of the Patrick Swayze gratuitous Roadhouse butt shot, which then reminded me of the Mel Gibson Lethal Weapon gratuitous butt shot.

What I'm trying to say is, enough with the gratuitous butt shots.

Thanks.

The Logan gratuitous butt shot completely reminded me of the Patrick Swayze gratuitous Roadhouse butt shot, which then reminded me of the Mel Gibson Lethal Weapon gratuitous butt shot.

Thanks.

Does that pertain to both sexes?

Saw it for the second time. Loved it, not as much for the movie itself, which I thought was really good, but because they managed to un-jump the shark and the mess that was made with X3.

My only gripe is that there are always these characters who appear, fight, die, whatever, and forget character development, the actors don't even get lines.

That bums me out...

Thanks.

Does that pertain to both sexes?

Don't be goofy.

I rather watching boring xmen, spiderman, avengers, wolverine, ca movies than sitting through series of twightlight, or high school musical. Before superheroes movies in full swing, ticket sale is declining rapidly with not many movies to look forward to. Now you can look forward to movies every summer and winter. Don't care if these movies are bad, good, or not true to the comic book stories, I watch them all. No such movies or tv series that can stay true 100% to books.

I think there is a ton about Origins that sucks (Zombie Deadpool, Gambit, Black Eyed Peas guy, Blob)... but there is a LOT in that movie that was really good.

Reynolds as Wade was great

Liev as Sabertooth was great

Huston as Stryker was great

I could not disagree more.

Stryker was a wuss compared to the X2 version and Sabretooth sucked.

I think there is a ton about Origins that sucks (Zombie Deadpool, Gambit, Black Eyed Peas guy, Blob)... but there is a LOT in that movie that was really good.

Reynolds as Wade was great

Liev as Sabertooth was great

Huston as Stryker was great

I could not disagree more.

Stryker was a wuss compared to the X2 version and Sabretooth sucked.

Granted, Liev didn't look the part much...but I thought he captured the tone of the character pretty well.