• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

So was a bit of nudity and swearing a big deal? Not really… 2c

Agreed. Buttcheeks and words are not nearly as damaging to the psyche as bullets and violence.

So was a bit of nudity and swearing a big deal? Not really 2c

Agreed. Buttcheeks and words are not nearly as damaging to the psyche as bullets and violence.

I think in general, if you communicate well with your kids and spend time with them, the effects of some swearing and nudity and violence won't have lasting detrimental effects.

DOFP was a really good flick. I still can't figure out why, like in First Class, they felt the need to drop 1 completely out of place F bomb in the dialogue. It's so useless and will turn off a lot of parents. Also, I thought the Sentinels were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay advanced for the time period and overall bothersome compared to the books. Also, one issue:

How was Magneto able to control all of the Sentinels merely by having some metal intertwined in their systems? I can understand physically controlling them (making arms and legs move) but their firing systems and their computers? And he's able to control 8 of them at once while flying in a stadium and himself and fighting other people? That's stretching it.

Parents still get freaked out over F-bombs?

And how was it out of place?

It was cussing for cussing's sake. Lord knows, I'm no prude, but it felt completely out of place. My guess is the violence and the Wolvie butt shot could've garnered a PG-13, but it's like the F bomb was dropped in to make sure it got there. It serves no purpose in the film. Or at least, it serves little purpose. It served even less purpose in the XMFC movie.

I must have missed something. Are you referring to the scene where Wolverine shows up at the school and the Professor is doped up and delivers the same response Wolverine gave him ten yrs earlier?

Eh never mind Comicopolis addressed that above. Yea it wasn't completely necessary but I think he was trying to get his point across to Logan in the moment.

And watch First Class then it might make some sense

:facepalm: I DID watch First Class, thus the numerous references to First Class and my acknowledgement that, in DOFP, it might serve the kind of stupid point of tying the two times/movies together. My point is this: It wasn't needed in First Class and it wasn't needed here.

Ok so in your opinion it was a stupid point to quote Wolverine in that moment even though it made sense. Got it

You literally couldn't miss the point more if you tried. Here it is in a nutshell: "2 wrongs don't make a right." "Dropping the F bomb for no good reason, in a movie aimed at kids, is dumb." "Showing Wolvie's , for no good reason, was dumb." It doesn't serve any real purpose. That statement was more true in First Class. There is a WEAK argument that the F bomb here serves SOME purpose. But it's still a pointless exercise.

Totally pointless.

In other words, when they change it for regular TV, it'll make absolutely no difference to the story or what happens whatsoever.

He'll say 'Shove off' and then in the next movie Professor X will say, "You mean when you told us to 'Shove Off?' and anyone who hadn't seen it will be any less entertained.

I'm no prude either, but sheesh, let's go as long as we can to not exposing our kids to the cavalier nature of nudity and cussing that they'll get plenty of once their old enough to circumvent the V-chip.

If he said "shove off", I'd walk out of the theater. lol

And V-chip? Is it 1997? I remember the things we used to say as kids on the playground, and they were way more vile than a single F-bomb. And that was also before the internet. Maybe I was (am?) a degenerate, but it feels like parents undergo some sort of mind-wipe in the delivery room, and forget what they knew/did when they were their little angel's age. :baiting:

I haven't forgot at all. In my household, the F-word was just another adjective.

But we were the bad kids. Today, it's not as shocking.

No, I haven't forgotten at all... it's just the opposite - I completely REMEMBER.

And that's why I expect more out of my kids than my lame parents expected out of me.

We don't censor them - but we also don't let 'em cuss like sailor and smoke and drink and shoot off guns in the neighborhood (all of which I did as a teen).

That and it'd be kinda creepy to just sit there and let my 13 year old daughter stare at Wolverine's naked butt.

Colossus being pulled in half ? Check. No problems with the kiddies seeing that.

Iceman's decapitation complete with rolling head ? Check. No problem there, either.

Various X-men being sliced, diced and skewered ? Not an issue.

Wolvie's naked butt for 3 or 4 seconds ? OH MY GOD ! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN ? :o

So was a bit of nudity and swearing a big deal? Not really 2c

I think in general, if you communicate well with your kids and spend time with them, the effects of some swearing and nudity and violence won't have lasting detrimental effects.

Yea that was sort of my point with a lot less words.

If only there was some kind of system that would rate movies prior to viewing so people would know what to expect from them and decide if it was a good choice for their children to watch.

:idea:

Colossus being pulled in half ? Check. No problems with the kiddies seeing that.

Iceman's decapitation complete with rolling head ? Check. No problem there, either.

Various X-men being sliced, diced and skewed ? Not an issue.

Wolvie's naked butt for 3 or 4 seconds ? OH MY GOD ! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN ? :o

I'd agree- these points were a bit more shocking.

I always get in an argument with my wife about watching Jurassic Park with our kids. She always throws back that we watch Avengers. I then point out how there isn't blood and arms getting yanked off in Avengers.

There is a big difference between Cap throwing his shield at a bad guy and a T Rex chomping someone in half blood and all.

I thought some of the violence was a bit unnecessary in DOFP, but it wasn't overly graphic. I pointed out to my daughter when we left that while I really liked the film, it would never be better than Avengers. I can watch that film over and over and still be entertained. I can also watch it with my children. I'm not sure I'll be able to do the same with DOFP.

The same could be said for the Batman films- a large reason why I think Avengers is the better film. It is just more family friendly.

The violence was totally graphic.

1) heads crushed on screen with fists and feet

2) dismemberment on screen

3) decaptiation on screen

4) face shoved into a flamethrower

5) multiple impalements

If the CG didn't make the mutants look less than human, the violence would be at splatter film levels.

I saw the film today, and I wasn't expecting anything great, but I was pleasantly surprised. I can honestly say that for the first time in a long time I'm excited about the X-Men again. I was also expecting Quicksilver to be a dud based on the pre-movie pics, but he was far and away the best character in the movie in my opinion. :o

5) multiple impalements

If the CG didn't make the mutants look less than human, the violence would be at splatter film levels.

When I say it wasn't graphic, I mean there wasn't blood and brains flying all over the screen.

Various X-men being sliced, diced and skewered ? Not an issue.

Once again, personally, I couldn't care less. Nothing in it offended me.

But yes, here in America, parents are more offended by sexuality than violence. I think that's weird as well. Been that way for as long as I can remember. Me, I'm not offended by either. I work with naked girls 5 nights a week.

More to the point, for myself, in a movie about robots killing mutants and humans in the future - I'd would expect some extreme violence. That seems to go with the territory.

Wolverine's naked butt seemed unnecessary. Which is what the discussion is.

I have a 5 year old boy and 8 year old girl. They have seen a great number of superhero movies (after Mum and Dad screened them). My kids will not get to watch this film for at least a couple of years.

The mutants getting killed in the future was just too graphic.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and look forward to watching it again.

2c

5) multiple impalements

When I say it wasn't graphic, I mean there wasn't blood and brains flying all over the screen.

Gotcha.

(thumbs u

What bugs me a little is that, if Jason and Freddy burst into a cabin of normal-looking teenagers and did to them what the Sentinels do to those X-Men, the movie would've been rated R and not advertised on Nickelodeon during episodes of Spongebob.

Edited by MisterX

Colossus being pulled in half ? Check.

That's how I knew it was all a dream...there's NO CHANCE Colossus goes out like that.

Colossus being pulled in half ? Check.

That's how I knew it was all a dream...there's NO CHANCE Colossus goes out like that.

I don't think it was a dream. It was real.

Kitty just got Warpath (or whoever it was, I forgot) to go back in time and warn them that the Sentinels were coming. Then they escaped before the Sentinels found them.

I work with naked girls 5 nights a week.

Just another reason to like you :grin:

Wolverine's naked butt seemed unnecessary. Which is what the discussion is.

I kinda thought it had to do with establishing the time he was in - the early '70s - free love and all that - there was a chick asleep next to him, wasn't there? Or am I misremembering.