• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

This little note at the end of that article is just amazing. 'Frozen' just tore the market up. Disney is hitting home runs out of the park like mad.

Frozen held on to first place in Japan for the 11th weekend in a row. The movie now ranks fourth all-time there with $193.7 million. On a worldwide basis, it passed Iron Man 3 to become the top movie from 2013 and the fifth-biggest all-time. To date, the animated sensation has earned $1.22 billion .

I wonder what Frozen's production budget was? hm

BOM states $150 million.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=frozen2013.htm

:whistle:

...and Disney had been supposedly trying to make this movie for 75 years.

Hey all --

Just saw it last night, and would give it a grade of B for "good". :hi:

Things I liked included Jackman and McAvoy's performances (Fassbender was fine, too), the bad-assery of the future Sentinels, a few of the '70's jokes, and the Quicksilver scene. I also enjoyed seeing a few X-Men favorites from the franchise.

Things I thought were pretty bad included the (several) plot holes, J-Law's performance, the special effects for the Beast and Magneto (why do we have to see the wires when they fly?), the dull '70's Sentinels, and a fairly incoherent set of character motivations for Magneto. He was all over the freaking map.

Fun summer movie, though (although I won't be seeing it again in the theatre).

Dan

The worst part was making Mystique so vital just because the plain girl who played her in 1st Class won the Oscar.

Did Mystique's DNA create Nimrod & Co? I don't recall that.

The worst part was making Mystique so vital just because the plain girl who played her in 1st Class won the Oscar (twice more nominated) and directly stars in one of the biggest Hollywood franchises in history.
;)

You love her.

The worst part was making Mystique so vital just because the plain girl who played her in 1st Class won the Oscar (twice more nominated) and directly stars in one of the biggest Hollywood franchises in history.
;)

You love her.

He wants to have a million of her babies.

:ohnoez:

;)

You love her.

He wants to have a million of her babies.

:ohnoez:

:D

;)

You love her.

I'm quite fond of her as well.

The worst part was making Mystique so vital just because the plain girl who played her in 1st Class won the Oscar.

Plus she has the Hunger game franchise.

No one on these boards is too old for that.

No one on these boards is too old for that.

Since, she was pretty good in the ho-hum "House at the End of the Street" (nice twist ending though), I'll probably watch her "Beaver" film sometime soon too.

I just came back from the movie. I am amazed at how they were able to pull together elements from all the X-Men movies so far and make a coherent movie. Do I wish they had followed the comic closer on all the movies? Sure. I bugs me to no end the different ages of the characters and who is a contemporary of who compared to the comics, but for what it was, I thought they did a good job. The story was engaging and there was no cheese like ASM2. I will watch it again when it comes out on BluRay. Mystique is actually a better character in the movies than she has been in the comics. This is my second favorite X-Men movie behind X-Men First Class.

I do wonder now why Sony had a preview of this movie at the end of ASM2 though? I'm guessing Sony had to know they had a marginal movie in ASM2 at best and figured they could make some money back by letting Fox preview their superhero movie at the end of ASM2.

Edited by rjrjr

To answer the question about wires earlier --

No, the wires aren't supposed to be visible, but they did a crappy job in at least two scenes using CGI to erase them. Should have been absolutely clean effect -- a minor complaint on my part.

Dan

Saw the movie today. I thought it was really good. Quicksilver was awesome, I hope Avengers can keep up the pace with Fox's version. I also enjoyed the story, seemed a little weird to have it narrated so heavily at the beginning...I loved everything about this film. William Stryker popping up his ugly head...the entire retconning of the other movies. Love it all. Now, I'm wondering if there are multiple timelines at play here. Does Apocalypse rise to power in the 1980s because the sentinels weren't there to stop him? I also thought the young version of Apocalypse was cool to see but honestly looked less intimidating than I would picture him from the books.

;)

You love her.

I know I do! :luhv:

gty_jennifer_lawrence_thg_121212_wblog.jpg

This gets me every time though...lawlz! :roflmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcNOTWtkeFw

Just saw it as well.

A few thoughts.

Quicksilver was awesome! It would have been nice to see more of him.

Apparently Old magneto gets his powers back completely even after being "cured"?

The change in future erases the entire Pheonix saga?

Mystique and Beast played great rolls.

The sentinels are far worse than in the comics!

Overall a good movie, first class was better.

Saw it tonight. I loved it.

Sentinels were awesome.

Quicksilver (whom I was ready to hate) was awesome.

Everything about it was well done and can't wait to buy it on Blu-Ray.

PS. I want more Quicksilver! :applause:

My wife and I just saw it for something to do out of the cold in Auckland. I can't review it any better than Dice just did, though with a few minor edits.

Saw it tonight. I loved it.

Sentinels were awesome.

Quicksilver (whom I was ready to hate) was awesome.

Everything about it was well done and can't wait to buy it on Blu-Ray.

PS. I want more Quicksilver! :applause:

Why does the creative license they take with the X-Men seem to make a good movie, and the creative license they take with the ASM franchise makes for a terrible one?

I read X-Men comics from around '85 to '95, but my interest in their world diminished after that. I've seen all the films, enjoyed X1 but my ratings of all the others have been average.

I caught the 10 am X-Men: DOFP show in Union Square today. Thought it was a great film, a lot of exciting moments. For me James McAvoy's performance was a stand-out. Wolverine was so cool he felt like a brand new character.

Agreed on what the posters above have said about Quicksilver. As soon as DOFP ended, I saw Godzilla. Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Evan Peters are both very likeable actors. In an age where veteran actors take all the best leading roles, I can definitely see these guys' careers taking off after these performances, if they haven't already.