• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Rankings 2012

369 posts in this topic

Bob may not want to comment due to conflict of interest but i will on his behalf as he is as good as they come. He is the exact opposite of every stereotype comic shop dealer. Absolutely PERFECT customer service in every way! You cant possibly go wrong EVER buying from him! (thumbs u

4 of the top 10 surprisingly i guess ive never even done business with. Of the 6 i have done business with, i'd give A+++'s to Clink, Commicconnect, Heritage, Highgradecomics and Mycomicshop. All 5 of them have gone above and beyond helping me out with books i want and need and I would NEVER hesitate to give my money to them.

The 6th is Worldwide comics. I wont rehash the same old thing like in last years thread as i've somewhat gotten over what happened. I will say that Ritter did try to help resolve the problem and was at least courteous and responded to my emails and addressed my concerns over what happened. Because of Ritters more than courteous replies, i will still give them my business.

Matt Nelson on the other hand, i have NOTHING whatsoever positive to say about. To this day(well over a year later!) i still have never received a response to the numerous emails i sent him about my problem with him. The closest i ever got was a condescending post on here to the affect that i didnt send enough emails. I know plenty of people love him but to me he is the definition of whats wrong with this hobby. The day Ritter severs ties with him is the day he will get 10 times as much business from me (thumbs u

Jason,

I don't want to be a Matt apologist and I realize you are a passionate collector. I know the situation undoubtedly caused you a lot of stress. i think that the response here is a little over stated that Matt was condescending or is "what is wrong with the hobby". I didn't follow your issues with this book very closely nor did I understand or appreciate the severity of your discontent.

While I wasn't in your shoes, given my history of dealing with both Matt and Steve and knowing them personally, I don't believe Matt would ever brush you aside or be malicious in his intent in ignoring your communication.

If there's ever anyone that you need help in reaching out to and getting an answer to, I'd be happy to help. I've always found Matt to be helpful in getting problems resolved -- he's never surly -- if anything, he's too much rainbows and unicorns.

Bob may not want to comment due to conflict of interest but i will on his behalf as he is as good as they come. He is the exact opposite of every stereotype comic shop dealer. Absolutely PERFECT customer service in every way! You cant possibly go wrong EVER buying from him! (thumbs u

4 of the top 10 surprisingly i guess ive never even done business with. Of the 6 i have done business with, i'd give A+++'s to Clink, Commicconnect, Heritage, Highgradecomics and Mycomicshop. All 5 of them have gone above and beyond helping me out with books i want and need and I would NEVER hesitate to give my money to them.

The 6th is Worldwide comics. I wont rehash the same old thing like in last years thread as i've somewhat gotten over what happened. I will say that Ritter did try to help resolve the problem and was at least courteous and responded to my emails and addressed my concerns over what happened. Because of Ritters more than courteous replies, i will still give them my business.

Matt Nelson on the other hand, i have NOTHING whatsoever positive to say about. To this day(well over a year later!) i still have never received a response to the numerous emails i sent him about my problem with him. The closest i ever got was a condescending post on here to the affect that i didnt send enough emails. I know plenty of people love him but to me he is the definition of whats wrong with this hobby. The day Ritter severs ties with him is the day he will get 10 times as much business from me (thumbs u

Jason,

I don't want to be a Matt apologist and I realize you are a passionate collector. I know the situation undoubtedly caused you a lot of stress. i think that the response here is a little over stated that Matt was condescending or is "what is wrong with the hobby". I didn't follow your issues with this book very closely nor did I understand or appreciate the severity of your discontent.

While I wasn't in your shoes, given my history of dealing with both Matt and Steve and knowing them personally, I don't believe Matt would ever brush you aside or be malicious in his intent in ignoring your communication.

If there's ever anyone that you need help in reaching out to and getting an answer to, I'd be happy to help. I've always found Matt to be helpful in getting problems resolved -- he's never surly -- if anything, he's too much rainbows and unicorns.

Very true. He has a wide selection of rainbow and unicorn emblazoned t-shirts amongst his comic related tees. He looks quite pleased when he wears them too

Wow How can you say that? That is a very bold statement! I have had a couple of dealings with Matt and talked to him plenty of times and he has always been top notch and willing to answer all my questions. To me Matt is VERY good for the hobby even without his pressing service.

I agree with 8mile as well that the statement above was a little harsh. Matt is a very knowledgable guy on comics especially on the topic of restoration and conservation. Without him, I would be screwed over with having books that I bought as restored, but was sold to me as unrestored. I'd be losing thousands of dollars in the process.

I've had nothing but positive dealings with Matt. He is a big asset to the hobby

Jason,

Very true. He has a wide selection of rainbow and unicorn emblazoned t-shirts amongst his comic related tees. He looks quite pleased when he wears them too

His My Little Pony collection is second to none.

Jason,

Maybe he's a Bronie.

Jason,

Maybe he's a Bronie.

He told me started collected Rainbow Bright now. He's a Rainbro too.

Considering that your interaction with me is limited to one book that was misplaced (involving two other parties as well), it's disheartening to hear that you'd label me as what's wrong with this hobby. We all made good on the situation, and I'm sorry you didn't get the response from me that you wanted. I do put a huge amount of effort into making sure everyone I do business with is happy. So if you want to PM me, or post something here, I'll respond to it. Maybe we can bury the hatchet.

Matt

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about since you never EVER bothered to respond to me so how I was "made good" is beyond me???

I was forced to take a refund after about 8 months because you and the other party could no longer be bothered with my time consuming once every two months pms/emails asking for an update. I don't have the book still and there hasn't been an opportunity to replace it as another hasnt come up for sale in the last year. If "mine"( I know none of you consider it mine since I was forced to take a refund) was ever found it certainly was never offered to me.

Everyone who knows me here in the slightest knows how much my books and especially my Pedigree Avengers means to me so yes I am and have taken everything that happened to strongly. To my knowledge though, for all intents and purposes nothing has been done to find that book and get it to me. These aren't books I buy and flip. These are books I share with my son to hopefully make sure he loves this hobby as much as I do when he grows up and helps to keep it alive and strong. The fact that now 19 months after my Measly $170 book was misplaced no one has cared enough to make a decent effort to Find it for me is VERY disturbing to me.

I would love to bury the hatchet with you and everyone involved. This whole freaking thing has made me enemies with the one person I respected most on here. So tell me, in the 8 months from December 2010 to July 2011 when I was forced to accept a refund on the book, what exactly did you do and how much time did you spend tryig to find this book that I made VERY clear to you meant a hell of a lot more to me than It's value?

I'm going off of an old memory here, but I think I have the details right. The book was mailed to WWC by accident by Jeff, along with a large group of other books that we had bought. Some of those books were sent to Classics Inc., but it was never clear whether that book was sent as well. So we searched all through the Classics office and the WWC office, but never found it. Compared to the enormous inventory at WWC, Classics carries a much smaller number of books, and everything is stickered, so I was able to check the inventory there fairly quickly. Our guess was that it was still at WWC. But it never turned up. Still to this day. It must be somewhere, and maybe one day we will find it (and if we do, you'll be the first person we call).

I understand how frustrating it is to lose a book that you feel is irreplaceable, and all three of us are sorry that it happened to you. Hopefully you can chalk it up as an honest mistake and not take it personally. I certainly don't hold any grudge against you for your negative posts that have targeted me about this situation.

Well, IF that is actually the case i will apologize. however, up until this point, i have heard nothing what soever from you. You never replied to the 5 or so emails i sent and the only words i ever heard from you was a post last year saying "thats not many emails for 9 months".

The thing i didnt understand then and still to this day cant understand for the life of me is this:

The book was mistakenly sent to WWC with a batch of apparently 1000 slabs. In the 2 days it took to figure out the mistake and contact them, somehow the book was deemed so special it was cherry picked out of this HUGE shipment(despite actually being mine and only mistakenly sent there) cracked and sent to you to be pressed up hopefully to a 9.8. I was told to wait for it to come back from CGC. Somegow, this all happened in TWO days??? ???

Then, this book that was immediately cherry picked out to be CPR'd just disappears off the face off the Earth. Dont get me wrong, im not accusing anyone of anything nefarious. I believe the book is lost somewhere at your place or WWC. My problem is and always has been that as far as i've seen and been told, little to no effort has been put into finding it. I know it isnt a expensive book but it is VERY important to me and has pretty much proved irreplaceable to this point unless i wanted to drop much, MUCH more on Schmells copy in the last HA auction which i was unwilling to do since in my mind i already bought the dang book for a fraction of that.

I know the book isnt exactly rare but it also isnt a ASM300 where there are thousands of them laying around. I just dont understand why its proven so freaking hard to find despite the fact that it was immediately cherry picked for a CPR. Trust me, i know im the A-hole here but i really dont care about that. I wanted that book, i paid for that book(yes, i did eventually take a refund when given no other option) but yet almost two years later , i dont have it.

Its a book that means a LOT to me, enough that i was willing to burn bridges with people on here i never imagined i would burn bridges with. Its a book i want VERY badly and up until today, despite numerous attempts, i had never heard a word from you hence my comments (thumbs u

I am....on my list.

BTW, thanks for including Bedrock City and the kind words. And especially thanks for listing the Cons. We are always looking for ways to improve. And having the things we need to work on spelled out gives us something to shoot for. Our big goal over the last few years has been getting a comprehensive working web-site up and running that integrates our retail and collectibles inventory. Now that that is done, and the stores are doing well, we plan on not only expanding the number of retail outlets, but also expanded our back issue inventory on-line. Maybe that way we can keep giving Roy something to gun for :grin:

I will make it my mission to give you all the negative feedback you require.

And I, you.

If you're going to quote Claremont, I think it needs to be... "And I, you. With all my heart." meh

I would put Sparkle City Comics at the top of my dealer ranking! They have been offering some great books in their weekly no reserve auctions and they ship extremely fast, often by Next Day Express Mail! I met Brian for the first time at San Diego Comic Con this year. EJR (thumbs u

Its a book that means a LOT to me, enough that i was willing to burn bridges with people on here i never imagined i would burn bridges with.

lol

Its a book that means a LOT to me, enough that i was willing to burn bridges with people on here i never imagined i would burn bridges with.

lol

That really does sound ridiculous. Friendships end over a lost funny book? doh!

lol

Funny books do funny things to funny people.

lol

What book are we talking about? Can't we just pitch in and buy an identical copy for the bloke? Or is it blighter? (shrug)

lol

So im confused..was this book very important to him??

To say Matt Nelson is "whats wrong with this hobby" is the dumbest thing ive ever heard, because something didnt go his way. He has been super helpful to me the few times we met and talked. I guess then Metro is also whats wrong with the hobby since i bought a AF15 2.0 and came back a 1.5 :screwy:

:jokealert:

Trust me, i know im the A-hole here

but i really dont care about that

Its a book that means a LOT to me

enough that i was willing to burn bridges with people on here

lol

:makepoint: You get my voicemail this morning?

Considering that your interaction with me is limited to one book that was misplaced (involving two other parties as well), it's disheartening to hear that you'd label me as what's wrong with this hobby. We all made good on the situation, and I'm sorry you didn't get the response from me that you wanted. I do put a huge amount of effort into making sure everyone I do business with is happy. So if you want to PM me, or post something here, I'll respond to it. Maybe we can bury the hatchet.

Matt

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about since you never EVER bothered to respond to me so how I was "made good" is beyond me???

I was forced to take a refund after about 8 months because you and the other party could no longer be bothered with my time consuming once every two months pms/emails asking for an update. I don't have the book still and there hasn't been an opportunity to replace it as another hasnt come up for sale in the last year. If "mine"( I know none of you consider it mine since I was forced to take a refund) was ever found it certainly was never offered to me.

Everyone who knows me here in the slightest knows how much my books and especially my Pedigree Avengers means to me so yes I am and have taken everything that happened to strongly. To my knowledge though, for all intents and purposes nothing has been done to find that book and get it to me. These aren't books I buy and flip. These are books I share with my son to hopefully make sure he loves this hobby as much as I do when he grows up and helps to keep it alive and strong. The fact that now 19 months after my Measly $170 book was misplaced no one has cared enough to make a decent effort to Find it for me is VERY disturbing to me.

I would love to bury the hatchet with you and everyone involved. This whole freaking thing has made me enemies with the one person I respected most on here. So tell me, in the 8 months from December 2010 to July 2011 when I was forced to accept a refund on the book, what exactly did you do and how much time did you spend tryig to find this book that I made VERY clear to you meant a hell of a lot more to me than It's value?

I'm going off of an old memory here, but I think I have the details right. The book was mailed to WWC by accident by Jeff, along with a large group of other books that we had bought. Some of those books were sent to Classics Inc., but it was never clear whether that book was sent as well. So we searched all through the Classics office and the WWC office, but never found it. Compared to the enormous inventory at WWC, Classics carries a much smaller number of books, and everything is stickered, so I was able to check the inventory there fairly quickly. Our guess was that it was still at WWC. But it never turned up. Still to this day. It must be somewhere, and maybe one day we will find it (and if we do, you'll be the first person we call).

I understand how frustrating it is to lose a book that you feel is irreplaceable, and all three of us are sorry that it happened to you. Hopefully you can chalk it up as an honest mistake and not take it personally. I certainly don't hold any grudge against you for your negative posts that have targeted me about this situation.

Well, IF that is actually the case i will apologize. however, up until this point, i have heard nothing what soever from you. You never replied to the 5 or so emails i sent and the only words i ever heard from you was a post last year saying "thats not many emails for 9 months".

The thing i didnt understand then and still to this day cant understand for the life of me is this:

The book was mistakenly sent to WWC with a batch of apparently 1000 slabs. In the 2 days it took to figure out the mistake and contact them, somehow the book was deemed so special it was cherry picked out of this HUGE shipment(despite actually being mine and only mistakenly sent there) cracked and sent to you to be pressed up hopefully to a 9.8. I was told to wait for it to come back from CGC. Somegow, this all happened in TWO days??? ???

Then, this book that was immediately cherry picked out to be CPR'd just disappears off the face off the Earth. Dont get me wrong, im not accusing anyone of anything nefarious. I believe the book is lost somewhere at your place or WWC. My problem is and always has been that as far as i've seen and been told, little to no effort has been put into finding it. I know it isnt a expensive book but it is VERY important to me and has pretty much proved irreplaceable to this point unless i wanted to drop much, MUCH more on Schmells copy in the last HA auction which i was unwilling to do since in my mind i already bought the dang book for a fraction of that.

I know the book isnt exactly rare but it also isnt a ASM300 where there are thousands of them laying around. I just dont understand why its proven so freaking hard to find despite the fact that it was immediately cherry picked for a CPR. Trust me, i know im the A-hole here but i really dont care about that. I wanted that book, i paid for that book(yes, i did eventually take a refund when given no other option) but yet almost two years later , i dont have it.

Its a book that means a LOT to me, enough that i was willing to burn bridges with people on here i never imagined i would burn bridges with. Its a book i want VERY badly and up until today, despite numerous attempts, i had never heard a word from you hence my comments (thumbs u

I just gotta say, w/o trying to take sides in this painful exercise of "Collectors Worst Nightmare" that, --- jeeez louize Funk.

We all collect books. We all have the ONE THAT GOT AWAY... and was irreplaceable for a while. even a long while. But when I read this I just want to start an intervention for you. In a good way!

To lose friends, or dealer friends over a mistake of this lesser magnitude just feels over the line. You WILL get the book in 9.8 someday - - and, the longer it takes, you'll probably save a lot of dough too! So try to move on.

Its not like a dealer screwed you out of an Action 1 you paid 50K for that now goes for 500K. You WILL fill the hole in the collection. THAT is a given. Enjoy the ride.