• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

Just back from CGC...

The 24 is sweet should of got 9.6 or better

did you get them pressed?

Thanks. No, they have not been pressed and I agree the 24 seems undergraded. If you want to see a real head scratcher take a look in the Just Back from CGC thread in Comics General at the Conan #1.

Couple of beauties right there. Nice job!

Thanks very much. That is some spectacular art indeed on those Red Sonja covers. I may have to start picking up this series.

I believe these are to be the last covers of the series. They're going to start over at #1 with Gail Simone writing and covers to be done by all female artist starting in July, I think. You can read more about it here. http://comicsbeat.com/gail-simone-on-red-sonja-for-dynamite-interview/

Kinda looks like watercolor, but geez, that's one horrible image compared to this.

I don't think it looks horrible, I think it's cool.

It also looks digital to me, but that's just a guess.

Well, the point of the discussion was about comparing the existing artwork to what's coming in the reboot. Joe Jusko's #50 cover is by far one of the best Red Sonja covers ever. I mean c'mon, just look at it. The Fiona Staples cover isn't the worst Red Sonja image, but for something as significant as starting over at #1, I don't feel it's worthy. Especially when you compare it to the Jusko #50 or the remaining Parrillo covers for #76- #80. So stand alone, it's alright (I guess), but compared to some of the amazing artwork that has carried Red Sonja to this point, it seems a bit disappointing to me. I like the Amanda Conner cover, and even the cartoonish Stephanie Buscema cover is not without a certain charm. It's just that if they're going to pull a stunt like this, Dynamite will have to go big, or go home. I mean that Staples cover pales in comparison to the Art Adams, Michael Turner, and Joe Linsner covers for the previous Red Sonja #1. Not every cover will be a masterpiece, but for something like this, they should have aimed much higher.

Well, to each their own, I guess. I like the Jusko one just fine, but the #76 cover isn't my thing. I prefer my Red Sonja kicking butt, not presenting butt. hm

I would definitely take the Fiona Staples image over the cover for #76.

I do really like the cover for #78 though.

Well, to each their own, I guess. I like the Jusko one just fine, but the #76 cover isn't my thing. I prefer my Red Sonja kicking butt, not presenting butt. hm

I would definitely take the Fiona Staples image over the cover for #76.

I do really like the cover for #78 though.

Lucio Parrillo has done quite a few covers for Dynamite, and I like the fact that they're painted covers. His Red Sonja: Revenge of the Gods covers were really nice. As are his Queen Sonja covers.I have nothing against Fiona Staples. She's a great artist, and her style is unique. I just don't think this is her best work. Here's another Red Sonja she did which I prefer to the one they're using.

137579.jpg.3862ef9b3c87dc0383557f4709e4b9be.jpg

Conan 61 ???

Has any one read it and is there a red Sonja in it ?

My comic shop posts it does ?

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=12680851

Sort of.

There's a giant two-page double splash where Conan is thinking about all the women he's met over the course of his adventures. Red Sonja is among them. She basically has a half-page pinup here by the great John Buscema.

She's not in the story, though, just in this one flashback page.

Conan 61 ???

Sort of.

There's a giant two-page double splash where Conan is thinking about all the women he's met over the course of his adventures. Red Sonja is among them. She basically has a half-page pinup here by the great John Buscema.

Sounds like your issue #33, Gyro. lol

Conan 61 ???

Sort of.

Sounds like your issue #33, Gyro. lol

:cry: :cry:

Added to list

Edited by gyro-1