• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

That's much nicer than the piddly little pic of her in #33. That pence is sweet, but look at this bad boy!

Looks like a mid/low grade copy?

:shrug:

I was talking about the Red Sonja picture in Conan #61 compared to the image of her in Conan #33. Neither book is on the list of Red Sonja appearances because she's not really part of the story line in those issues. Gyro and myself tend to disagree on this matter. Also, CGC graded copies don't list an appearance by her either. In issue #33 there is one small image of her as a flashback from #24. The #61 image is much larger, and nicer, but she's still not part of the story line like she is in #23, #24, #43, #44, #48, etc. Graded copies of these do list a Red Sonja appearance.The sweetness I was referring to was the fact that Gyro found a Pence copy (which he digs) of Conan #61, and the 30 cent price variant that I posted is even rarer. The condition had nothing to do with the post. Just the cool factor of the price variants for the same issue. I thought it was funny that someone actually bought the 30 cent copy on eBay right after I posted the pic whatever the grade was, they wanted it pretty bad.

That's much nicer than the piddly little pic of her in #33. That pence is sweet, but look at this bad boy!

Looks like a mid/low grade copy?

:shrug:

I was talking about the Red Sonja picture in Conan #61 compared to the image of her in Conan #33. Neither book is on the list of Red Sonja appearances because she's not really part of the story line in those issues. Gyro and myself tend to disagree on this matter. Also, CGC graded copies don't list an appearance by her either. In issue #33 there is one small image of her as a flashback from #24. The #61 image is much larger, and nicer, but she's still not part of the story line like she is in #23, #24, #43, #44, #48, etc. Graded copies of these do list a Red Sonja appearance.The sweetness I was referring to was the fact that Gyro found a Pence copy (which he digs) of Conan #61, and the 30 cent price variant that I posted is even rarer. The condition had nothing to do with the post. Just the cool factor of the price variants for the same issue. I thought it was funny that someone actually bought the 30 cent copy on eBay right after I posted the pic whatever the grade was, they wanted it pretty bad.

:)

This sucks

http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/viewProduct.html?PRO=C72513020621301011

Come on dynamite I am thinking 8-9 covers for issue 1 ?

What the hell to collect them in cgc would be over 400 bucks

I was thinking maybe 5 but this is nuts

:cry:

They're not even showing the Stephanie Buscema cover. That usually means it will be the hardest one to get.

photo RSV2-01-Cov-Buscema-Subscription_zpse805a8e9.jpg

The Amanda Conner cover sure looks a like a Jim Balent cover - just sayin...

It is reminiscent of his #16, #17, and #18 Red Sonja run. Subconsciously, it may be why I like it so much more than the others.

A friend of mine is a huge Amanda Conner fan, he has a daughter with the same name. He always talks with her at cons.

A friend of mine is a huge Amanda Conner fan, he has a daughter with the same name. He always talks with her at cons.

I wonder if the artists care if they are 1 of 7 covers ?

May be work is work ?

I wonder if the artists care if they are 1 of 7 covers ?

May be work is work ?

If you read the article about the Red Sonja reboot it said female artist were sending in images without even being asked. So they should have covers for a while. At least until the novelty wears off. If the stories don't appeal, or people have no interest, then what can you do? Dynamite isn't under the same sales pressure as the big 2. Hopefully they give it a chance to grow, and develop a new fan base without alienating the existing one.

Conan / Kull / Red Sonja / Tarzan / Doc Savage many many more ---- all have a history and in a place like CGC forums there is a lot of history talk

What I don't think the new readers get is you cant invent history with new #1s for us who read the older books

That said new kids to comics should be allowed to have their own history and dreams

What I worry about is the artists or writers can reinvent a corrector (like removing the bikini armor )

I really hope theses female cover artists do a really good job catch the eye of young people and get them into the dollar bins looking for the original RED SONJA then we get more fans in the forums ! So looking forward to Vaders friends daughter posting here in 2033

Conan / Kull / Red Sonja / Tarzan / Doc Savage many many more ---- all have a history and in a place like CGC forums there is a lot of history talk

What I don't think the new readers get is you cant invent history with new #1s for us who read the older books

That said new kids to comics should be allowed to have their own history and dreams

What I worry about is the artists or writers can reinvent a corrector (like removing the bikini armor )

I really hope theses female cover artists do a really good job catch the eye of young people and get them into the dollar bins looking for the original RED SONJA then we get more fans in the forums ! So looking forward to Vaders friends daughter posting here in 2033

+1 (thumbs u

I've never been a fan of the bikini armor. It's just so cheesecake. I personally would be much more likely to buy the series and take the character seriously if she were wearing something else. That may be in part because I was first introduced to her during her mid-80's blue shirt phase, I'm not sure. But I prefer her original chainmail shirt to the bikini and I'm sure someone could come up with another design I liked even more.

I've never been a fan of the bikini armor. It's just so cheesecake. I personally would be much more likely to buy the series and take the character seriously if she were wearing something else. That may be in part because I was first introduced to her during her mid-80's blue shirt phase, I'm not sure. But I prefer her original chainmail shirt to the bikini and I'm sure someone could come up with another design I liked even more.

hm