• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #101 Ghost Variant Store List

314 posts in this topic

They are mostly at Comics Pro board member shops.

Some Comics Pro member shops & a few lapsed member shops.

The entire scenario smacks of insider trading,

The standard wildly_fanciful_statement:

Shops were contacted by a mysterious "benefactor' allowing them "in" on the deal.

The scoop:

It was scheme concocted at a Comics Pro event with Kirkman's approval.

Gorgeous book ( I don't have them )

You would think for all you do for indy creators that Kirkman would have included you. It's a travesty of justice.

This story is just a rumor - and not even a true one. I wouldn't give too much credit to anyone claiming this is a ComicsPRO event. Obviously, the variant had Kirkman's approval (otherwise Image would not have printed it) - but the rumors swirling around this are false.

You can visit their website for a look at the process for creating the variant here: http://ghostvariant.tumblr.com

There may also be a list of participating retailers (at least partial) later in the day.

I was being sarcastic, sorry.

Star Clippers has them... Not at $750 like mentioned above. You were probably being trolled.

Their limit is 2, they're 9.99 each, plus $6 shipping if not local.

No online ordering. You have to call in.

314-725-9110

Thanks for the hookup!

Just got back from StarClipper. As stated, they have copies at $9.99 in the store, limit 2 per person.

I have reason to believe, while I don't have exact numbers, that this is a little rarer than a 1:10 and might be close to typical 1:25 numbers. Take that non-information for what it's worth.

Lets see if we can compile a list of all the stores that actually got this comic. I will keep the first post up to date with who got it.

1. Main Street Comics, NJ

2. Laughing Ogre Comics, VA

3. Earth 2 Comics, CA

4. Bridge City Comics, OR

5. ANOTHER DIMENSION COMICS, AB Canada

I'm gonna have to take a trip to Bridge City Comix me thinks. It's been a few months. Wonder if I'll be able to pick out a 9.8 raw hm

Jerome

I was told that about 30 retailers got this in. This is not hard fact, but strictly hearsay from one of the retailers who got about 10 in, and they are an extremely high volume store.

Though it seems some of the retailers mentioned here selling them online might have more than 10, so that throws my (possible max) 10 * 30 = 300 copies floating around.

Yeah, I hit add to cart and by the time I got to confirm payment, the price went up. Oh well. I'll just get one for $25 from the one LCS by me. With shipping it's only slightly more expensive.

You got it for $50, not $25...My gas money ain't cheap.

It cost you .20 cents in gas to get there. :slapfight:

Plus, I already paid you. You can't come back and ask for more $ now.