• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #101 Ghost Variant Store List

314 posts in this topic

I was told that about 30 retailers got this in. This is not hard fact, but strictly hearsay from one of the retailers who got about 10 in, and they are an extremely high volume store.

Though it seems some of the retailers mentioned here selling them online might have more than 10, so that throws my (possible max) 10 * 30 = 300 copies floating around.

Considering there's now 60 copies on eBay which would be 20% of the 300, I'd say there's going to be upwards of 1,000. Probably more.

I was told that about 30 retailers got this in. This is not hard fact, but strictly hearsay from one of the retailers who got about 10 in, and they are an extremely high volume store.

Though it seems some of the retailers mentioned here selling them online might have more than 10, so that throws my (possible max) 10 * 30 = 300 copies floating around.

Considering there's now 60 copies on eBay which would be 20% of the 300, I'd say there's going to be upwards of 1,000. Probably more.

I think much more.... 2c

What I know, group of retailers approached Skybound about doing a special variant for all of their stores, Skybound agreed and each store divided them up they were distributed by Diamond.

All shops are Comics Pro board members, members or former members.

There are about 20 shops.

I heard 5k

Got three of them

Were you at Tates this morning too?

Yes , normally the first one in

were you first in line this morning

Today number 3

You were buying them while me and another boardie were in the back by the comics talking to Tate, cause the register dude came over and was like "we need the pile your holding to sell to someone". He bought the pile over to us to check out :shy:

They are mostly at Comics Pro board member shops.

Some Comics Pro member shops & a few lapsed member shops.

The entire scenario smacks of insider trading,

The standard wildly_fanciful_statement:

Shops were contacted by a mysterious "benefactor' allowing them "in" on the deal.

The scoop:

It was scheme concocted at a Comics Pro event with Kirkman's approval.

Gorgeous book ( I don't have them )

What I know, group of retailers approached Skybound about doing a special variant for all of their stores, Skybound agreed and each store divided them up they were distributed by Diamond.

All shops are Comics Pro board members, members or former members.

There are about 20 shops.

I heard 5k

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Are people getting mad at you for your Larry's variants? No. Are you getting mad cause you weren't picked to be part of this group? Sounds like it.

They are mostly at Comics Pro board member shops.

Some Comics Pro member shops & a few lapsed member shops.

The entire scenario smacks of insider trading,

The standard wildly_fanciful_statement:

Shops were contacted by a mysterious "benefactor' allowing them "in" on the deal.

The scoop:

It was scheme concocted at a Comics Pro event with Kirkman's approval.

Gorgeous book ( I don't have them )

My LCS who got them said he had no idea of why he got them (other than the fact that perhaps it's cause they are a well known store) and wasn't aware of them being sent to him before yesterday.

It wasn't some inside scheme....it was just a lucky, appreciative few who got selected I guess.

Sour Grapes? Sure.

MANY retailers that pay their dues in ComicsPro are upset.

It's not a straight forward situation.

If I do a variant it's mine.

If NECRA does one it's any member that wants it, same for #comicmarket.

This situation was ComicsPro formed a splinter group for this book.

This situation was ComicsPro formed a splinter group for this book.
Or, maybe you're just wrong about how it came about and who was involved. But I'm enjoying your tinfoil hat squirming. As are some of the people involved in getting this variant done. That, I know, is a fact.

That's Entertainment had copies when I went in today. They put one in each subscribers box, with a little "thank you" coupon that said it was cover price. They also had maybe 10 or so on the shelf for $15 a piece.

I was stoked, got one for cover price - which was exactly what I wanted to pay for it.

That's Entertainment had copies when I went in today. They put one in each subscribers box, with a little "thank you" coupon that said it was cover price. They also had maybe 10 or so on the shelf for $15 a piece.

I was stoked, got one for cover price - which was exactly what I wanted to pay for it.

(thumbs u

Ok.

Wasn't squirming at all. Just posting what I know from CBIA & ComicsPro forums.

Tinfoil hat, eh?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/15/the-mystery-of-the-walking-dead-ghost-variant-cover/

From what I read, it's not a ComicsPro variant like you said it was. So where was I wrong? Sounds like someone put together a variant, like you do. Said person let some other shops in on the variant, unlike you.

I would hardly call it the "standard wildly_fanciful_statement."

(thumbs u

Nice!