• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink and Comicconnect sticker removal

39 posts in this topic

I gather they don't do anything to the CGC slab plastic?

They only thing they do to the slab is leave it clean as a baby's bottom (after a bath of course).

I use these exclusively to clean of any residue off all the slabs I get. Just peal off the sticker and rub the pad over the residue a few times...then take a paper towl and clean it up. It feels like its oil based so you'll have to wipe it a few times but it comes up easily and leaves a nice streak free clean surface.

Guys :gossip:

Like literally 1 drop of olive oil on the sticker, 3 drops on a paper towel. Let is sit for like 30 seconds and it will rub off very easy (thumbs u

The adhesive removal pads are cheaper than olive oil.

Guys :gossip:

Like literally 1 drop of olive oil on the sticker, 3 drops on a paper towel. Let is sit for like 30 seconds and it will rub off very easy (thumbs u

The adhesive removal pads are cheaper than olive oil.

lol

Goo Be Gone?

Nah don't use that...use these:

17279.jpg

Where do you get those?

Amazon is your friend!

Just got my order from Amazon today. They work really well on those heinous ComicLink stickers.

I used to use a hair dryer and Goo Gone. Now I have absolutely no use for the hairdryer, unfortunately.

really, i dont mind the Clink or CC stickers whatsoever. I know this is gonna give some of you a stroke but i'd actually like it if all the auction houses put a sticker on. Its on the back, it only covers CGC's legal mumbo jumbo and lets me keep track of where all my books came from (shrug)

really, i dont mind the Clink or CC stickers whatsoever. I know this is gonna give some of you a stroke but i'd actually like it if all the auction houses put a sticker on. Its on the back, it only covers CGC's legal mumbo jumbo and lets me keep track of where all my books came from (shrug)

No stroke. But a vein in my forehead is popping out.

I. hate. those. stickers.

Me too, And I also scan my back covers for the registry. No need to advertise where I got the book. They didn't pay me for the advertising space! :sumo:

Me too, And I also scan my back covers for the registry. No need to advertise where I got the book. They didn't pay me for the advertising space! :sumo:

I think I'm going to give Clink and CC a call and see if I can't get them to use a more adhesive sticker so people can't so easily remove their advertisement :devil:

The stickers are terrible. If you want to advertise, do so on a plastic cover. If you want to deface my comic, send me a check for $20

They aren't defacing your comic, they're defacing CGCs legal mumbo jumbo :gossip:

I actually find that big "keep track of who owned your comic" sticker that Pedigree puts on the bags more annoying than the Clink and CC stickers (shrug)

lol