• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

I am glad to see this thread is still kicking. Hopefully it will last until the market adjustment and then we can see who was correct.

By market correction I assume you mean short term? This is a book I see having little long term potential (as I have stated in this thread). It is a good 'flip.' That being said, has anyone ever thought of this scenerio:

The television show lasts a few seasons more and then gets 'cut' (for whatever reason; budget, loss of interest, runs its course)...

But then a few years later a Walking Dead movie is released. This would cause new interest in the book. Obviously, it may not be sustained as movie 'hype' only lasts for so long (as folks now buying IM #55 will learn).

Just one of the many possibilities if 'Hollywood' still has an interest in 'comic book' movies at that point in time. There is no reason to assume they would not, as zombies are a universal theme.

I just doubt the long term potential of this book (meaning decades; NOT just a few years).

Kind Regards,

'mint'

So why would a movie get made if the TV show can't do well enough to sustain interest in your scenario?

Re: See

Firefly

Star Trek

X-Files

I'm sure there are more, but those come immediately to mind.

I am glad to see this thread is still kicking. Hopefully it will last until the market adjustment and then we can see who was correct.

By market correction I assume you mean short term? This is a book I see having little long term potential (as I have stated in this thread). It is a good 'flip.' That being said, has anyone ever thought of this scenerio:

The television show lasts a few seasons more and then gets 'cut' (for whatever reason; budget, loss of interest, runs its course)...

But then a few years later a Walking Dead movie is released. This would cause new interest in the book. Obviously, it may not be sustained as movie 'hype' only lasts for so long (as folks now buying IM #55 will learn).

Just one of the many possibilities if 'Hollywood' still has an interest in 'comic book' movies at that point in time. There is no reason to assume they would not, as zombies are a universal theme.

I just doubt the long term potential of this book (meaning decades; NOT just a few years).

Kind Regards,

'mint'

So why would a movie get made if the TV show can't do well enough to sustain interest in your scenario?

Firefly

Star Trek

X-Files

The last X-Files movie which is residing in most bargain store $3 bins from remainder stock. lol

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Firefly

Star Trek

X-Files

The last X-Files movie which is residing in most bargain store $3 bins from remainder stock. lol

You are correct. Howver, I believe the question was; 'Why would a movie get made?' The questions was NOT, 'Would the movie overtly succeed in the memories of fandom?"

'mint'

A BIN? Something is fishy. There are cheaper copies online for sale. Unless someone REALLY wanted the black mature label version, so much that they paid $500 to $700 more for it then they could have bought a white label for.

arnie-levin-if-you-think-something-is-rotten-in-the-state-of-denmark-press-one-now-cartoon_zpsfc8cd9d4.jpg

A BIN? Something is fishy. There are cheaper copies online for sale. Unless someone REALLY wanted the black mature label version, so much that they paid $500 to $700 more for it then they could have bought a white label for.

arnie-levin-if-you-think-something-is-rotten-in-the-state-of-denmark-press-one-now-cartoon_zpsfc8cd9d4.jpg

Yeah, while most people here seem to think that there's no way to shill a BIN, I don't think they're getting the part where potential buyers look at completed sales for pricing, and the best way to convince someone to pay $1800 for a book is to make it appear that they sell all day long on Ebay for $2700.

My friend did it that way frequently with performance auto parts on Ebay (he said he has 3 accounts and several friends that shill for him), and he's about as sharp as a bag of wet hair - so I'm pretty sure theres LOTS of that kind of shilling on Ebay.

Yeah, while most people here seem to think that there's no way to shill a BIN, I don't think they're getting the part where potential buyers look at completed sales for pricing, and the best way to convince someone to pay $1800 for a book is to make it appear that they sell all day long on Ebay for $2700.

My friend did it that way frequently with performance auto parts on Ebay (he said he has 3 accounts and several friends that shill for him), and he's about as sharp as a bag of wet hair - so I'm pretty sure theres LOTS of that kind of shilling on Ebay.

May want to tell your friend of the many arrests of people doing just that.

Yeah he could have had mine for 1800 :P

$1800 for a black label 9.8? :takeit:

Jim

I wasn't kidding, but since you haven't paid already i have the right to cancel the purchase and sell to someone else

Or so says the rapping pasta boy lol

lord will that logic have a life of its own for a looooooong time.

Linguini Logic....

I hope not any time soon as I hit a stack of WD issues in one of my long forgotten boxes and it had a nice 61 in there, a 48, a 64, a bunch in the 30s, etc. from the way they were situated and the books around them, other than the 64 which was bagged and boarde, indicating i bought it off the rack, the rest were out of the dollar box.

Edited by the blob