• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

I think there is no rush to dump your cgc 9.8 #1. The book is blue chip.

I feel this way also. At least for the next 3-5 years. I think the show has 2 more seasons in it and then a movie or two. My guess. I'm not moving my 9.6 any time soon.

Still haven't watched more than 2 minutes of the show or even picked up a comic. (shrug)

I think you are missing out. I was exactly in same boat a year ago. I watched the first episode of the show and I was hooked. Done. I watched the first season in 2 days.

I then went to buy the 1-6 TPB. Loved it. I never expected to. I've been a superhero collector for years. I'd like to think I got into collecting WD because I really like it and not because it's the new thing. I really enjoy both mediums for WD.

I think there is no rush to dump your cgc 9.8 #1. The book is blue chip.

I feel this way also. At least for the next 3-5 years. I think the show has 2 more seasons in it and then a movie or two. My guess. I'm not moving my 9.6 any time soon.

If the price you paid is commensurate to the pleasure of owning the book then by all means keep it. I don't think anyone was advocating dumping a book you like (I certainly wasn't). Speculating on future value is just one of many reasons to hold a book, and keeping it because you love it is by far the best reason. I have overpaid for many books I love and never looked back, because it was about the book being in my collection and not about investing. But buying now because you expect a massive return is probably not a good idea.

There are a finite amount of #1's out there, regardless of how many are graded 9.8. The show's only built more and more fever for potential fans. I don't think we need a 40+ page thread to realize that yes, while there will be a drop off after the show is over, if you think this book will ever be had for south of $1,500, you're crazy. It's the key modern book to have. Period.

Now-- when can we start talking about the OA bubble? That's the one I'm eager to see pop so i can snatch up some more covers!

I'm crazy then. It isn't a matter of if on sub-$1,500 #1 prices, but how fast we get there.

We play in a market where people pay $400 for Nowhere Men #1 variants, when the book isn't even on it's 4th issue. I think TWD is an easy $1,500 for the long haul. Adjusting for inflation puts that higher.

The NM bubble will burst more quickly, in fact it already seems to be moving in that direction, but they'll both burst. The same market said that a 9.9 New Mutants #98 was a $12,000 book and that Skullkickers was going to be the next big thing. The housing market couldn't possibly go down, and tulips would make everyone rich. The chance that WD #1 is the chosen one that will hold its value forever is not promising.

I have to be honest your picking two books that have zero chance of not being in demand 10 years from now.

WD #1 in CGC 9.8 may not be a 2k book, but it will never be $500 in 9.8 probably ever again.

10 years from now NM #98 will be relativity the same.

Just look at ASM #300 in CGC 9.8, book is trading well above $500 again.

If the demand is there supply doesn't matter.

Walking Dead is NOT cult book. It has been made main stream for life.

There are a finite amount of #1's out there, regardless of how many are graded 9.8. The show's only built more and more fever for potential fans. I don't think we need a 40+ page thread to realize that yes, while there will be a drop off after the show is over, if you think this book will ever be had for south of $1,500, you're crazy. It's the key modern book to have. Period.

Now-- when can we start talking about the OA bubble? That's the one I'm eager to see pop so i can snatch up some more covers!

I'm crazy then. It isn't a matter of if on sub-$1,500 #1 prices, but how fast we get there.

We play in a market where people pay $400 for Nowhere Men #1 variants, when the book isn't even on it's 4th issue. I think TWD is an easy $1,500 for the long haul. Adjusting for inflation puts that higher.

The NM bubble will burst more quickly, in fact it already seems to be moving in that direction, but they'll both burst. The same market said that a 9.9 New Mutants #98 was a $12,000 book and that Skullkickers was going to be the next big thing. The housing market couldn't possibly go down, and tulips would make everyone rich. The chance that WD #1 is the chosen one that will hold its value forever is not promising.

I have to be honest your picking two books that have zero chance of not being in demand 10 years from now.

WD #1 in CGC 9.8 may not be a 2k book, but it will never be $500 in 9.8 probably ever again.

I think that in 10 years WD #1 will be closer to $500 than to $2000 for a 9.8 copy.

WD is definitely mainstream, I don't think anyone said it was a cult book.

If demand is there supply doesn't matter?

I think that in 10 years WD #1 will be closer to $500 than to $2000 for a 9.8 copy.

WD is definitely mainstream, I don't think anyone said it was a cult book.

If demand is there supply doesn't matter?

YES!

Every comic book show I work ASM #300 and #129 are asked about all day every day.

They are more common to find than Spawn #1, but yet they sell fast and for good money.

Well yea $1000 to $1200 is closer to $500 than $2k is. haha So yes your right in those regards to WD #1 CGC 9.8. The low print run (while easy to find) still makes this book hold its value years from now, just not at the current hyped up value of $2000-2500 range. Even if the demand goes down by a lot at 50% you are at my prediction.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt