• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

My LCS has a copy of WD #50 they're trying to sell for £100. I didn't have the heart to tell them it's not worth mess as they're nice guys and I buy a lot of stuff from there. According to them #1 sells for seven to eight thousand dollars.

Edited by UmbertoBongo

Wrong :)

I would love to hear how.

:popcorn:

It is over!

Do you even read the series? It's at it's most interesting right now and they are about to publish twice a month with a new story arc...interest for the comic is huge.

The show will be back with big surprises and the #1 will always fluctuate in price (just like all major keys).

I disagree with anyone who says this book will fade away. It will always be a key...price may balance out a bit but won't change the significance of this really cool comic.

My .02 cents

i'd have to disagree with this statement, book has been on a downhill trajectory since #48. ezekial is unintentionally hysterical and negan is a weak, potty mouthed reprise of the governor. i shudder to think how bad adlard's art will be on a twice monthly schedule. hopefully, kirkman will really shake things up again by offing rick but i doubt it will happen. i do believe this will be the modern key but $3k 9.8's were the peak.

That is what I am saying.

Of course WD #1 is the AF 15 of the modern age, but those guys who paid 3K for it back in Dec 2012 are butt hurt for life.

WD #1 is going to be barely a $1000-1200 once the real values set in for life.

There are plenty of copies to go around even at 7500 with many hitting 9.8.

I am having big time trouble even getting an one offer on my 9.8 (black label) and I would let it go for a very realistic value.

I think all the hardcore WD fans/collectors have their personal copy and the rest will wait till the value goes down has begun to do so.

Sell me that Black for 2 Dimes since prices are dropping , ....

My LCS has a copy of WD #50 they're trying to sell for £100. I didn't have the heart to tell them it's not worth mess as they're nice guys and I buy a lot of stuff from there. According to them #1 sells for seven to eight thousand dollars.

$8000 for a WD#1? Sounds like an upward trend to me. I'm assuming that's raw. That's one helluva royal tax! Based on your LCS, if you want to make some cash, buy your WD#1's here in the US and ship them over seas for MAD CASH!

Also Zombies are becoming boring.

Case in point World War Z mediocre results at the box office.

Did you see that movie? It was horrible on so many levels. I'm not sure people are hating zombies as much as just hating that movie per se.

It was almost unwatchable.

Of course he didn't see the movie, he's just going with the box office numbers. :eyeroll:

I saw the movie World War Z, as I don`t critique something I haven`t seen.

In fact I saw World War Z the same day as the Lone Ranger.

I took in a double feature matinee.

I saw the Lone Ranger first and gave it an 8, then watched a boring snooze fest called World War Z and give it a two.

The sad fact was though there was twice as many people watching World War Z that day in the theatre then watching the Lone Ranger! (shrug)

It's funny you should say that. As much as the Lone Ranger bombed at the box office, I've had a few people tell me it was surprisingly good. Conversely, there was alot of good press and buzz about WWZ and after seeing it I don't know what the hullabaloo was.....as best as I can figure it's all folks getting their panties wet over Brad Pitt. That movie was the worst zombie flick I've ever seen bar none. It couldn't suck worse if it were the vacuum of space.

With all the positive reviews from the critics, wondering if "World War Z" will be nominated for best picture of the year?

Honestly, the show is incredible. The books are clever and there's a GIANT engine that's propelling this behemoth of a vehicle and pushing it forward as a current sustaining trend. It will NATURALLY slow down once the next big thing will pop up but it will take awhile, and in my belief, will ALWAYS remain a KEY book.

My estimated guess is that it will peak at 5K and then drop down slowly to its current value (2.5 - 3K), but that's just a guess

If that is what you truly believe, are you buying all the copies on eBay that are under $5k so you can sell them at the peak?

There are quite a few listed at $3.5k and less.

Here ya go, $5k

.. Thank you Im flattered you remembered.

Do you find it hard to believe? based on what premise?

Or is it just a joke I didnt get

Honestly, the show is incredible. The books are clever and there's a GIANT engine that's propelling this behemoth of a vehicle and pushing it forward as a current sustaining trend. It will NATURALLY slow down once the next big thing will pop up but it will take awhile, and in my belief, will ALWAYS remain a KEY book.

My estimated guess is that it will peak at 5K and then drop down slowly to its current value (2.5 - 3K), but that's just a guess

If that is what you truly believe, are you buying all the copies on eBay that are under $5k so you can sell them at the peak?

Here ya go, $5k

I find it to be a typical example where someone wants something to be true but does not have the conviction to put their money where their mouth is. If you truly believed the book would reach $5k, why wouldn't you be willing to pay $3.5k and make an easy $1.5k when the book hits $5k (shrug)

Here ya go, $5k

I find it to be a typical example where someone wants something to be true but does not have the conviction to put their money where their mouth is. If you truly believed the book would reach $5k, why wouldn't you be willing to pay $3.5k and make an easy $1.5k when the book hits $5k (shrug)

+1

There is an epidemic of this going around. I wonder if there is a shot to protect against is... (shrug)

All Out War

This story arc will propel The Walking Dead back into the stratosphere interest wise.

All roads are leading to the biggest event in the comics lifetime.

Oh and people the highest paid for a 9.8 was $4500 and a 9.9 hit $11,000.

9.8's are still hitting 2k with joyfully monotonous regularity.

It is a pre-curser for the same event to follow in the TV show, probably at the end of season 4.

The same event that will ensure TWD has another 8- 10 seasons in it.

Kirkman is only on #112 of a #300 issue run.

His words, not mine.

Anyone wants to sell their Walking Dead 9.8 copies should wait until #125 imho

2c

All Out War

This story arc will propel The Walking Dead back into the stratosphere interest wise.

It is a pre-curser for the same event to follow in the TV show, probably at the end of season 4.

His words, not mine.

2c

lol

I am happy to place a bet that this will NOT happen.

Wrong :)

I would love to hear how.

:popcorn:

It is over!

Do you even read the series? It's at it's most interesting right now and they are about to publish twice a month with a new story arc...interest for the comic is huge.

The show will be back with big surprises and the #1 will always fluctuate in price (just like all major keys).

I disagree with anyone who says this book will fade away. It will always be a key...price may balance out a bit but won't change the significance of this really cool comic.

My .02 cents

i'd have to disagree with this statement, book has been on a downhill trajectory since #48. ezekial is unintentionally hysterical and negan is a weak, potty mouthed reprise of the governor. i shudder to think how bad adlard's art will be on a twice monthly schedule. hopefully, kirkman will really shake things up again by offing rick but i doubt it will happen. i do believe this will be the modern key but $3k 9.8's were the peak.

That is what I am saying.

Of course WD #1 is the AF 15 of the modern age, but those guys who paid 3K for it back in Dec 2012 are butt hurt for life.

WD #1 is going to be barely a $1000-1200 once the real values set in for life.

There are plenty of copies to go around even at 7500 with many hitting 9.8.

I am having big time trouble even getting an one offer on my 9.8 (black label) and I would let it go for a very realistic value.

I think all the hardcore WD fans/collectors have their personal copy and the rest will wait till the value goes down has begun to do so.

If its the one you were selling on the boards then I just pulled the thread and the pricing said $2499.99 firm. That does not encourage people to send PM offers.

Not trying to be argumentative just saying I probably would've pm'd you had your pricing not indicated firm. I try not to waste seller's time.

All Out War

His words, not mine.

2c

lol

What won't happen?

Actually don't bother answering.

It seems that you go from forum to forum just causing arguments.

You win. It won't happen.

All Out War

His words, not mine.

2c

lol

What won't happen?

Actually don't bother answering.

It seems that you go from forum to forum just causing arguments.

You win. It won't happen.

:cry:

Oh boohoo.

I meant that TWD will not have another 8-10 seasons.

Don't have a cow man.

Here ya go, $5k

What does have to do with what I asked you?

Honestly, why is there so much battling over this comic? On the one hand, it's like, if you suggest that one day it will be worth less money than it is today, you're smacking my mother in the face with a fish. On the other, it seems like many take a perverse glee in seeing the other side lose money on a comic? What's the deal? :shrug:

Honestly, why is there so much battling over this comic? On the one hand, it's like, if you suggest that one day it will be worth less money than it is today, you're smacking my mother in the face with a fish. On the other, it seems like many take a perverse glee in seeing the other side lose money on a comic? What's the deal? :shrug:

I am sure this is meant to be a bit introspective.

hm

People collect mostly what they like/love.

People dislike any denigration/negative stance against what they like/love.

People stand-up to defend what they like/love, regardless of reasonableness of argument (theirs or opponents).

Situation escalates quickly because this is an online faceless forum where there are no repercussions for bad behavior.

And around we go! :ohnoez:

It's not really taking glee in watching the book lose some of its stem. It is a matter of trying to provide a realistic perspective on the book.

Does the Walking Dead have a big following ? Yes

Was the comic a sleeper ? Yes

Are there a reasonable number of fans buying the comic . Yes

Will the book over take Action 1 as the most valuable comic ? Highly unlikely

Will the selling price of the book continue to go up ? Trend would say it will slow down and drop to a lower level

Will you be buying 9.8 out of the dollar bin ? Seriously doubt it

Does everyone who watches the series want to buy the first issue ? No

It's not really taking glee in watching the book lose some of its stem. It is a matter of trying to provide a realistic perspective on the book.

Will the selling price of the book continue to go up ? Trend would say it will slow down and drop to a lower level

I know, but look at this thread? It bursts into flame wars like twice a week! You don't see that in any other threads about valuable keys.

Congrats on finding that Batman cover BTW. I keep my eye out for you when I'm poking around OA sites, but I'm obviously not as eagle eyed as you. :)

Congrats on finding that Batman cover BTW. I keep my eye out for you when I'm poking around OA sites, but I'm obviously not as eagle eyed as you. :)

I'm not much of an eagle. It sort of fell in my lap.