• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Back to this thread.......

The Walking Dead bubble will burst before the CGC bubble ever does. :baiting:

Most likely. I don't really care when or if the WD bubble pops. I just want the TV show to get interesting again. I'm disappointed this past month. I am tired of introducing lots of new members just so there can be a big blood bath. I'm totally bored at the thought of another assault on the prison by another group led by the Governor.

Most likely. I don't really care when or if the WD bubble pops. I just want the TV show to get interesting again. I'm disappointed this past month. I am tired of introducing lots of new members just so there can be a big blood bath. I'm totally bored at the thought of another assault on the prison by another group led by the Governor.

I haven't read the comic, does the TV show diverge from the comic in this regard? Or is this what basically happens in the comic too? Because if the comic is like this then I guess I'm not missing anything.

I haven't read the comic, does the TV show diverge from the comic in this regard? Or is this what basically happens in the comic too? Because if the comic is like this then I guess I'm not missing anything.

nope.

nope.

"nope" to which question. Does the TV show diverge from the comic book in this regard? Or is this what basically happens?

I don't read the comic - just watch the show. I know from previous discussions the show does change things. So does the comic book have the Governor assault the prison repeatedly with different groups he leads? Do they introduce lots of new characters just to have sheep to slaughter?

nope.

"nope" to which question. Does the TV show diverge from the comic book in this regard? Or is this what basically happens?

I don't read the comic - just watch the show. I know from previous discussions the show does change things. So does the comic book have the Governor assault the prison repeatedly with different groups he leads? Do they introduce lots of new characters just to have sheep to slaughter?

There are some significant changes. Without giving away too much of the storyline

Gov only attacks in one massive attack...Lots of "main" characters die, there is introduction of new characters periodically but only a handful that eventually matter. Just because a character is dead on tv doesn't mean they are in the books and vice versa. Read the first 48 issues its worth it.

It just burst for me. I finished the latest TPB and realized how stale the story has been for the last several dozen issues. I'm bailing.

It seems like the pace is just like the shows pace... slow, slower, then stop. The story in both versions is moving waaayy too slow to keep people's interest. The pace of the storytelling is what is going to kill the fervor on the franchise.

Did the television show get an end date sometime in the near future? Did they announce plans to discontinue the comic book series? If not, then I doubt the bubble has yet to burst and as I have said previously it will probably not 'burst', but rather suffer a correction in price.

Is this book worth between $500 to $1000 in 9.8? All day long and it probably always will. Is it worth $1600+ now or anytime in the future? Not to me and I don't think it ever will be a $2500+ book for a sustained amount of time after the show does get cancelled.

All I have to say on the length of excitement with this series that builds potential monetary interest down the road is... how good has the book been after #48?

How long would a TV show last if it followed a similiar route?

I know this is a more character driven show (since Hollywood zombie crazes tend to 'die' out), but being ignored by the Emmy's isn't the biggest sign of acting credibility for popular long-running dramas.

This is not a jab at the die-hard TWD (comic or TV) fans either. I was HUGE Locke & Key fan before Clockworks #1 myself and walked away from that title with no regrets by #3.

On my opinion on the future 'wealth' of graded copies of TWD. I would say buy the OA. It's one of a kind. If you want to get a "piece of the action" to make others jealous, seek out the truly RARE "Dead Planet" proposal book. Pool your $$$ into that, not one of the many 9.9's.

Kirkman announced that there will be an offshoot of the walking dead that he will have complete control over just like everything else.

My friends and I were thinking it could take place on another continent like Europe to show what happened over there. (Probably more of the same that we all love lol)

I had a feeling it would start to taper off at season 4, but i was very wrong.

Norman Reedus just keeps getting more popular and there are more version of the walking dead coming out all the time.

Webisodes

The off shot I just spoke of

Frank millers graphic Novel

im sure there are more im missing.........

any thoughts?