• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Today's the day.

:popcorn:

Hopefully this means I can get a 9.8 for #1 for $100 and all the raws will be $1 :wishluck:

:banana:

I paid hundreds of thousands for my house. This proves the housing market wasn't a bubble and hasn't burst.

One of my favorite posts of the year.

How's this going?

It turns out the Walking Dead bubble did burst back in 2023 when the fourth and final spinoff series of the TV show eventually went off the year. The price for issue one dropped in half that year, from $6000 down to $3000.

So much haters on this book :sumo::P

I don't think it is so much haters as people trying to put a realistic perspective on the folks touting the book is only going up in price and throwing out big numbers for where it is going. If you take an unbiased view of the show and the comic both are okay, not great, not innovative, but okay.

I don't think it is so much haters as people trying to put a realistic perspective on the folks touting the book is only going up in price and throwing out big numbers for where it is going. If you take an unbiased view of the show and the comic both are okay, not great, not innovative, but okay.

Yep.

Too many people buying the book only for the purposes of making money. In those situations there will be an inevitable correction in the market when the show is no longer popular (1 year, 5 years, who cares years).

Pop.

Zombies and horror will help hold its popularity for a long time. The rarity of the early issues mixed with the cult following of the series and Zombies in general makes this a long term hit. I enjoy the show more than the comic. My wife, son and myself watch it every week, we love it. I think most of the modern haters and WD haters haven't even read the series or watched the show. I love all years of comics and styles, I wasn't a WD fan from the beginning. I gave it a shot and I am glad I did. I still love my old Spidey and FF books as well as my usagi yojimbo, Archie and Conan but I have room for TWD. I hope the show continues as well as the comics. I love that both are going in different paths and not exactly the same, that's boring.

Zombies and horror will help hold its popularity for a long time. The rarity of the early issues mixed with the cult following of the series and Zombies in general makes this a long term hit. I enjoy the show more than the comic. My wife, son and myself watch it every week, we love it. I think most of the modern haters and WD haters haven't even read the series or watched the show. I love all years of comics and styles, I wasn't a WD fan from the beginning. I gave it a shot and I am glad I did. I still love my old Spidey and FF books as well as my usagi yojimbo, Archie and Conan but I have room for TWD. I hope the show continues as well as the comics. I love that both are going in different paths and not exactly the same, that's boring.

NO! I like my hobbies boring and predictable, no change!

lol

Yep.

Too many people buying the book only for the purposes of making money. In those situations there will be an inevitable correction in the market when the show is no longer popular (1 year, 5 years, who cares years).

Pop.

I don't know about "Pop", but I don't see how the title resists some downward pricing pressure. A lot of copies out there, more and more NM+ copies coming out in CGC holders every week. 1778 graded copies so far and 1703 are 9.0 or better. Over 1500 are 9.4 or better and almost 550 9.8's. That is a lot of books, it takes a lot of demand to sustain these prices.

There is already a little bit of a downward trend. Not a lot, but a little - and this while the show is extremely popular. More viewers than ever. You also see some serious "flattening" of the curve or price spread, with very little difference in price between 9.0-9.6. Which suggests a market in some state of flux.

Again, I don't know about a pop - but some air coming out of this balloon seems inevitable.

Yep.

Pop.

I don't know about "Pop", but I don't see how the title resists some downward pricing pressure. A lot of copies out there, more and more NM+ copies coming out in CGC holders every week. 1778 graded copies so far and 1703 are 9.0 or better. Over 1500 are 9.4 or better and almost 550 9.8's. That is a lot of books, it takes a lot of demand to sustain these prices.

There is already a little bit of a downward trend. Not a lot, but a little - and this while the show is extremely popular. More viewers than ever. You also see some serious "flattening" of the curve or price spread, with very little difference in price between 9.0-9.6. Which suggests a market in some state of flux.

Again, I don't know about a pop - but some air coming out of this balloon seems inevitable.

Slow pop...?

Is a deflated balloon any better than a popped one?

There is nothing rare about any regular issue of the Walking Dead.