• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FanExpo report with random pics

72 posts in this topic

Bought my Premium pass last fall, and I should have known that it would end up that I'm out of town this weekend. So today was the only day I could go.

Drew

So did you sell the pass to someone else fro remaining days or keep it in case you could go back

I still have it. Won't be going back, though. And I leave town tomorrow morning at 6 AM.

A bit of a challenge to sell it, because you need the wristband, which is rather difficult to remove without cutting it.

Random floor shots...

expo11.jpg

expo12.jpg

The celeb signing/photo op area. The only celeb who had arrived by Thursday afternoon: Lou Ferrigno. He's just getting set up in the second shot.

expo13.jpg

expo14.jpg

Ok,that empty booth there has gotta be the missed opportunity of a lifetime for any guy.

To be at a bar one night and being able to proclaim.

" I spent one night tucked between Kate Mulgrew AND Gillian Anderson "

:cloud9:

:grin:

Thanks for all the cool pics.

Tons of $2-5 books, mostly bronze to current stuff. Nothing ultra-high grade, except for modern dreck.

Harley was the only one with a large selection of quality back issues. His usual setup. Big B also had a good, but smaller, selection.

expo13.jpg

Ok,that empty booth there has gotta be the missed opportunity of a lifetime for any guy.

To be at a bar one night and being able to proclaim.

" I spent one night tucked between Kate Mulgrew AND Gillian Anderson "

:cloud9:

:grin:

Thanks for all the cool pics.

I think that might have been Patrick Stewart's spot. He cancelled due to a film commitment.

Tons of $2-5 books, mostly bronze to current stuff. Nothing ultra-high grade, except for modern dreck.

Harley was the only one with a large selection of quality back issues. His usual setup. Big B also had a good, but smaller, selection.

tks, thought there might be a few other big back issue sellers.

Jamie Graham was supposed to be sharing a booth with our own JohnnyG.

Unfortunately, from what I heard Johnny's health was no the greatest and since he was not able to make the show Jamie cancelled.

Harley is here with his big set up, Bruno M from Montreal is beside him.

Walt and Marc from Big B always make sure to have fresh inventory for every show. They recently picked up a local collectors collection consisting of 100's of slabs and raw books. I always find something there.

I do agree, the show is not strong on back issues compared to other shows of it's size, but I can genuinely say that I've never come away from this show without finding something to take home as the dealers that do show up all bring large inventory.

Hobbystar knows that the lack of vintage material at this show is a concern and I know that any vintage dealers that want to set up would be given strong consideration in case anyone is thinking about it.

I couldn't squeeze it in this year myself as I wanted some quality time with the kids because we've been on the road so much.

Great pictures Andrew.

Always good to see you at FanExpo and the other GTA shows.

Unfortunately I'm like you... bought the premium pass ages ago and it turns out I could only go on Thursday.

We got in relatively easily this year. Still had lineups but it seemed to be much better organized. (Thank God no repeat of 2010).

The ASM 692 FanExpo exclusives were badly damaged and Marco and I went through 50 or more before settling on what will probably come back as a pair of 9.4s. Couldn't believe how many brand new comics had damage on them. Apparently they were not shipped properly by the publisher....

Witnessed Stan Lee cutting the Spiderman cake to celebrate Spidey's 50th! Always good to see Stan so energetic and happy. What a incredible person he is.

Had a really nice chat with Dan Slott (Spiderman's current writer) who leaked some hush hush news about something HUGE happening to Spidey in issue #700.

Had an awesome time talking to Walt from Big B. What a great guy.

And he opened some amazing early 40's Canadian Black and Whites that he just picked up from the family of the creator so that was a treat to watch.

Harley had a decent selection but nothing that I was looking for.

Don't know why WES wasn't there? That along with missing Jamie Graham was a bummer.

Picked up a really nice vintage AF 15 T-Shirt and a spidey shirt for the wife.... and tons of free comics, posters and buttons for the kids.

Overall I had a good time but the lack of depth in the Silver Age was very disappointing.

Had a really nice chat with Dan Slott (Spiderman's current writer) who leaked some hush hush news about something HUGE happening to Spidey in issue #700.

So what was it?

Can you post it here or send it by PM?