• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FanExpo report with random pics

72 posts in this topic

Had a really nice chat with Dan Slott (Spiderman's current writer) who leaked some hush hush news about something HUGE happening to Spidey in issue #700.

So what was it?

Can you post it here or send it by PM?

Come on, it's issue 700. There's going to be hype. Probably re-sewing the webs under his arms.

expo29.jpg

Who's that handsome guy walking towards Superman?

lol

I think that's the first random con shot I've ever seen of me.

The word is out that you're like Ferigno and will beat people up for taking your picture.

expo29.jpg

lol

Where's the legion of slave leias carrying all the 9.8 goodness you have selected from the muck and mire? Oh wait, they had to go to Star Wars Celebration this weekend....that's right.

It was a good show. I agree that high grade copies of the 692 variant were hard to come by. I also agree that there could have been far more comic dealers. The artists alley seemed half deserted about 7pm last night.

As usual Harley had some amazing stuff including a Science #3 I considered but walked away from. I picked up a couple of books from Walt at Big B who is always great to talk to.

My ASM 692

IMGP2394.jpg

A sketch cover with Ms Marvel

IMGP2391.jpg

A nice DD 8 and CM 33 from Walt

IMGP2392.jpgIMGP2393.jpg

And a few books I picked up from Kevin he submitted for me back in March

IMGP2398-1.jpgIMGP2397.jpgIMGP2396.jpg

My ASM 692

IMGP2394.jpg

A sketch cover with Ms Marvel

IMGP2391.jpg

A nice DD 8 and CM 33 from Walt

IMGP2392.jpgIMGP2393.jpg

And a few books I picked up from Kevin he submitted for me back in March

IMGP2398-1.jpgIMGP2397.jpgIMGP2396.jpg

Those are some solid pick-ups.

Hobbystar really changed this year making for a positive show. Havnt really heard any complaints.

I had a CGC witness go over mine, there was 1 that was a high potential for 9.8, the rest were 9.4-9.6's. Lets hope he is right. I plan on getting it signeed and CGC SS by Stan, Slott and Campbell and hopefully campbell does a free spidey sketch on the back.

Why do colorists always color JSC covers with red noses? There's always an annoying color change on the end of the nose that makes everyone look alcoholic or frostbitten.

I completely agree. I can't stand it.

The art kicks . The red noses ruin it, though. :cry:

expo29.jpg

lol

You look very relaxed and chilled Dre, I always imagined you running with a long box under each arm followed by loads of minions with boxes trying to keep up. lol