• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink August wins/regrets- the outbid alerts are rolling in

164 posts in this topic

While the Tec 31 went for insane money was anyone surprised that a 9.0 28 only went for 10.3 K. That seems like a deal when you compare it to Action 2 and the money it brings. Was anything up with the book or do we really hate NBCPRT (non-bat-cover-pre-robin-tecs) that much?

Do you have a link to this auction listing as I find it extremely surprising that a 9.0 copy of 'Tec 28 would be going for only $10.3K. :o

Especially when OS has the book guiding at over $45K in this condition which means that it sold for only 22% of guide for what is acknowledged to be the scarcest of the pre-Robin 'Tec books. Was the book extensively restored or something? ???

Lost out on this puppy via ebay when Sparkle City auctioned it off awhile back.

It sold for $2,813 and I bid $2,800. In the end I saved myself some coin since with BP and shipping it came to $2,123 tonight upon checkout. (Funny (ok sick) part was, I was prepared to pay double the original price it sold - pretty happy there wasn't another fruitcake like me tonight to get it get it up to my "secret maximum bid")

This book was a long awaited HUGE win for me.....Since it completes my urge to hoard (not a CGC hoarder prior to this feat) the three highest graded - 9.4 JQ #1s that were graded "ow/w" page quality. The other two 9.4s out there, just have "off white"pages.

This Bethlhem copy is #3 of the three books. :acclaim:

photo3-2.jpg

Slight Professional.

Appreciate the link! (thumbs u

Colour touched, spine split sealed, cover cleaned, and interior lightened. Sounds more towards the Moderate range as opposed to only Slight, especially with the lightened interiors. (shrug)

Please Roy, allow John the emotional rollercoast that is his life.

In each thread your see the manic side where reality may set in and a "job" becomes more likely. When a big sale comes in the "job" bubble is popped and the beach/gym life universe is restored.

What does John do at the gym? We are talking about SOT John right?

It sold for $2,813 and I bid $2,800. In the end I saved myself some coin since with BP and shipping it came to $2,123 tonight upon checkout. (Funny (ok sick) part was, I was prepared to pay double the original price it sold - pretty happy there wasn't another fruitcake like me tonight to get it get it up to my "secret maximum bid")

This book was a long awaited HUGE win for me.....Since it completes my urge to hoard (not a CGC hoarder prior to this feat) the three highest graded - 9.4 JQ #1s that were graded "ow/w" page quality. The other two 9.4s out there, just have "off white"pages.

photo3-2.jpg

Cool book,

Saving money :cloud9:

Win!

Hey all --

Great pick-ups and some nice deals so far...my one win was NOT a good price for me but it's a real toughie in my FF 1-20 hopes:

FF7wp.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Dan

Great book, Dan! Calling it "tough in high grade" is an understatement. Looks like a very sweet copy.

3 what i thought were lowballs all won

tos13.jpg

tos28.jpg

tos37.jpg

Funk, I didn't know you collected Pre-Hero. I just think you are hooked on the action !

Great books. Congrats.

:blush:

Actually, theres a MILLION things i'd "like" to be collecting. I'm just usually spending so much on Avengers it severely limits anything else i can get. Lately though, its been getting harder and harder to find Avengers i still need so i have a little extra $$$ to scour auctions for good deals. I've always thought the pre-hero covers were super cool and can finally start snagging a few now while the Avengers are slim pickings.

Well done.

:applause:

Awesome books Jason, and great taste!

Here was my one win, but it fell to me super cheap I thought. Some great prices on the pre-hero books for collectors, and a lot of POed sellers.

RADA9C142012815_11146.jpg

The pre-hero covers are Kirby at his best.

OT: In ye olden days, the pre-hero issues were called the "fantasy" issues. Hence, the "Fantasy Masterpieces" title that Marvel had. Seems as if that usage has fallen by the wayside in favor of pre-hero.

Got sniped out of an ASM 28 9.2 at the last minute. :sorry:

I was the high bidder until the last second as well.

So... you sniped me and someone else sniped us both! :makepoint:

The book sold for a steal.

But I did end up winning this for a good price IMO.

RADA58FB201288_9425.jpg

That 28 was my book and you guys needed to bid MOAR!

Considering so many soft prices in this auction, I wonder if it's more a bit of bad luck timing due to the hurricane down south, as well as people focused on watching the RNC? Maybe less an indication of the hobby and just environmental factors for this particular auction. (shrug)

:blush:

Actually, theres a MILLION things i'd "like" to be collecting. I'm just usually spending so much on Avengers it severely limits anything else i can get. Lately though, its been getting harder and harder to find Avengers i still need so i have a little extra $$$ to scour auctions for good deals. I've always thought the pre-hero covers were super cool and can finally start snagging a few now while the Avengers are slim pickings.

(thumbs u ...except stay away from the PHs I want please lol

OT: In ye olden days, the pre-hero issues were called the "fantasy" issues. Hence, the "Fantasy Masterpieces" title that Marvel had. Seems as if that usage has fallen by the wayside in favor of pre-hero.

hm