• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death of the Family" storyline (Batman)

371 posts in this topic

I blame DC, they should go the Marvel route and make a removable sticker but they make extra $$$ selling the combo packs.

First Batman ones were awful. 5 and 6 had numerous spine tics.

Then when you open one that looks 9.8, you see a slight crease from the polybag, especially on the back of the book.

For the record, I think Batman 14 will be one of the all time iconic Joker covers. Not sure what the print run will be or whether it will ever have big value in the secondary market, but the image of him in the Joe's Garage jump suit sitting in front of all those screens is a classic image.

For the record, I think Batman 14 will be one of the all time iconic Joker covers. Not sure what the print run will be or whether it will ever have big value in the secondary market, but the image of him in the Joe's Garage jump suit sitting in front of all those screens is a classic image.

yes it is

It'll be difficult. Census numbers have combo pack submissions very low....3 9.8 7's popped up a little over a month ago but I'm thinking those might be mis-labeled.

How you opened any of your combo packs yet? I think that polybag does more harm than good.

What the heck is this doing on Page 4?

From the batman 18 solicit it says:

"In the wake of unspeakable tragedy, Batman is in danger of losing his humanity!"

Some people are speculating the Death of Alfred which I doubt.

I've heard rumors that they are cancelling the Red Hood title by maybe killing of Jason Todd which makes sense from this cover that I posted earlier:

hot7p.jpg

That is the Red Hood and the Outlaws 17 cover, Tie-In to Death of the Family.

Can you Imagine Joker Killing Jason Todd TWICE

As far as the combo packs go, I'm having a problem finding 9.8's. If anyone has any ideas of where to secure 9.8 Death of the Family issues, please PM me or post it for the group.

These are pretty nice...not 100% convinced they are 9.8s, due to the bags as mentioned.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110985350827?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-13-Death-of-the-Family-NM-Combo-pack-2-copies-/110985349313?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19d73e08c1

"In the wake of unspeakable tragedy, Batman is in danger of losing his humanity!"

I've heard rumors that they are cancelling the Red Hood title by maybe killing of Jason Todd which makes sense from this cover that I posted earlier:

hot7p.jpg

excellent cover. hopefully they don't kill off alfred.

yes it is

Did you see the variant for Batman #15. That is awesome. Another classic in the making.

hot7p.jpg

:o

Can we say that Snyder is making history with his run on Batman?

Maybe so. It is really stellar stuff he's knocking out, and I can see these books being highly sought after in years to come. #4 is already notoriously hard to come by in high grade, and along with #1 is fetching a decent price consistently. Interest is high in the book and that's solely down to Snyder's work. He gave us a taste of what was to come in Detective Comics, but he's really raising the bar with Batman, and Capullo's art is the perfect compliment.

Can we say that Snyder is making history with his run on Batman?

I can say that I haven't read any superhero book that good in years.

Not to sidetrack this, but what Waid is doing on Daredevil is equally incredible for a mainstream superhero book.

Now back to Batman, the "tie-ins" haven't been all that great. Aside from Batgirl 14, there's not a single one I've read that I feel has greatly enriched the storyline. Batman 13 and 14 have been excellent. The rest, not so much.

Now back to Batman, the "tie-ins" haven't been all that great. Aside from Batgirl 14, there's not a single one I've read that I feel has greatly enriched the storyline. Batman 13 and 14 have been excellent. The rest, not so much.

x1000

Freakin love this story in the main Batman title but the current issue of Detective should not be allowed to call itself a "Death of the Family" tie-in.

Its the first time I've really cared about being a completist for a major crossover and I can see my friends at DC are going to take full advantage of that :eek:

Yea this storyline is really solid. I thought the Court of Owls was pretty good, but this might top it pretty easily.

And yea all that matters is Batman and Batgirl. I wouldn't bother with the other books.