• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death of the Family" storyline (Batman)

371 posts in this topic

Now back to Batman, the "tie-ins" haven't been all that great. Aside from Batgirl 14, there's not a single one I've read that I feel has greatly enriched the storyline. Batman 13 and 14 have been excellent. The rest, not so much.

Yea this storyline is really solid. I thought the Court of Owls was pretty good, but this might top it pretty easily.

And yea all that matters is Batman and Batgirl. I wouldn't bother with the other books.

Wait a couple weeks. I'm guessing Nightwing and Red Hood will be major tie-ins as well.

The Harley, Joker story in Suicide Squad was good. I also liked Catwoman 14. The Catwoman v. Joker dynamic was similar to the Joker v. Batgirl dynamic in its misogynistic violence towards women. They are both under reported books and in my mind were both good reads and important to the overall story line.

Now back to Batman, the "tie-ins" haven't been all that great. Aside from Batgirl 14, there's not a single one I've read that I feel has greatly enriched the storyline. Batman 13 and 14 have been excellent. The rest, not so much.

Yea this storyline is really solid. I thought the Court of Owls was pretty good, but this might top it pretty easily.

And yea all that matters is Batman and Batgirl. I wouldn't bother with the other books.

Wait a couple weeks. I'm guessing Nightwing and Red Hood will be major tie-ins as well.

I dropped Nightwing a little bit ago. I was really enjoying Grayson as Batman, but my pull list got out of control and I just wasn't enjoying the book well enough.

Maybe if it ties in I will return to reading it.

At my LCS today, I noticed just how many copies of these books they have. Aside from the first three issues, they've got at least 25 copies of everything else. I had originally planned to pick up two sets of this storyline, but after seeing that, I've decided to stick with just the one set I'm buying for my reading pleasure.

At my LCS today, I noticed just how many copies of these books they have. Aside from the first three issues, they've got at least 25 copies of everything else. I had originally planned to pick up two sets of this storyline, but after seeing that, I've decided to stick with just the one set I'm buying for my reading pleasure.

Yep, there's certainly no shortage of these books. Even the 1:100 variants have been relatively cheap lately due to the volume being ordered. Love the series, but I'm going to wait to pick up the few newer variant covers I liked the best.

These covers are starting look very nice together...

They really do. (thumbs u And frankly, it's got me quite cheerfully buying books I wouldn't normally buy. (Plus, how cool is it that the masks make thematic sense with the plot?) I actually can't think of a gimmick cover series I've liked better.

Updated with the new releases. Nearly there for the full set.

th_Batman13.jpg th_Catwoman13-1.jpg th_Batgirl13-1.jpg th_SuicideSquad14.jpg th_BatmanRobin15.jpg th_DetectiveComics15DieCut.jpg

th_Batman13.jpg th_Catwoman13-1.jpg th_Batgirl13-1.jpg th_SuicideSquad14.jpg th_BatmanRobin15.jpg th_DetectiveComics15DieCut.jpg

Veeeery nice.

I've got Batman 13, Suicide Squad 14, Batman and Robin 15, Detective Comics 15.. and I've got Nightwing and Red Hood on pre-order.

Struuuuuggling to find cheap raw copies of Batgirl and Catwoman 13. Looking at a best bet of $50 to have them shipped to me from the states via eBay. doh!

All raw though.. Wouldn't that make a nice set slabbed!!

Batman and Robin #15 was the best tie in so far IMO. Anyone else read it?

(thumbs u

The art was incredible in this issue too. Some really wicked and creepy renditions of the Joker, even compared to the other books.

Veeeery nice.

I've got Batman 13, Suicide Squad 14, Batman and Robin 15, Detective Comics 15.. and I've got Nightwing and Red Hood on pre-order.

Struuuuuggling to find cheap raw copies of Batgirl and Catwoman 13. Looking at a best bet of $50 to have them shipped to me from the states via eBay. doh!

All raw though.. Wouldn't that make a nice set slabbed!!

I may have a spare Catwoman if you're still looking for one. Want me to check? You can have it for the cost of shipping if I still have one.

Batman and Robin #15 was the best tie in so far IMO. Anyone else read it?

(thumbs u

The art was incredible in this issue too. Some really wicked and creepy renditions of the Joker, even compared to the other books.

I haven't read it yet as I'm not reading the B&R title, I'll have to read it tonight now.

As far as the storyline goes, is there any particular reading order for these?

Just go with Batman #13 onwards. The Batgirl and Catwoman titles are running stories within those titles, 'Tec #15 is virtually nothing to do with it, Suicide Squad is a very loose tie-in and I don't know about B&R.

So you can get the main gist of the story just in the Bats title.

Right on. I have all of the tie-ins, even those that aren't part of the official list, so maybe I'll just read each series in numerical order and see how it goes. I'm hoping that what I read in one won't spoil something from another title.

Just go with Batman #13 onwards. The Batgirl and Catwoman titles are running stories within those titles, 'Tec #15 is virtually nothing to do with it, Suicide Squad is a very loose tie-in and I don't know about B&R.

I'd read Batman & Robin 15 after Batman 15, that ties in somewhat to what was discussed in Batman 15.

I'd read Batman & Robin 15 after Batman 15, that ties in somewhat to what was discussed in Batman 15.

Nice one. (thumbs u

I've read Batman #15 and have B&R #15 waiting to read so that should work out perfect.