• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smells like IAN spirit

100 posts in this topic

foreheadslap.gif

Given the problems with high profile auctions - ask filter - and those that sometimes follow Ian, I'm not sure what happens when some loony ends up bidding a huge figure on this auction. Can you fill in a NPB form when you have nothing to sell?

You might want to look at ebay's terms and conditions here Ian.

He can cancel any bids and end the auction right before it closes. He shouldn't be stuck with any fees. However, someone might turn him in, as 'want' auctions aren't allowed on ebay.

Hope this works, IAN, hope this works!

Someone else did it only yesterday, and it's not the first time I've seen something similar, so what the hell have I got to lose ???

You never know..............

How many copies of the remaining four have you seen for sale, even if they were overpriced or too high of a grade? Any missed opportunities to purchase any of them in the past?

Given the problems with high profile auctions - ask filter - and those that sometimes follow Ian, I'm not sure what happens when some loony ends up bidding a huge figure on this auction.

Someone just bid one cent.

Oh dear !!!!!!!!!

However, someone might turn him in, as 'want' auctions aren't allowed on ebay.

Please don't say that.

Others have done similar things, and it actually gives me a CHANCE of not being ripped off. I can't bring myself to buy that Detective 4 off Comiclink, I just can't.

How many copies of the remaining four have you seen for sale, even if they were overpriced or too high of a grade? Any missed opportunities to purchase any of them in the past?

A couple of each of the Detectives but HORRIBLY overpriced.

Two Detective 3s and two Detective 4s currently.

Interestingly also, Metropolis have a coverless Detective 3 but it's brittle and I don't see any point in buying it.

Never ever anything for the two New Adventures. The Guide price is low, but copies are just not around.

It is against eBay rules to run a want ad.

But perhaps it will spring a lead before/if eBay cancels the auction.

Good luck Ian. I hope you find them soon.

thumbsup2.gif

Ebay should NARU people who run these type of "auctions". They do not belong there and are against Ebay policy. Just because others do it does not make it right. Go place an ad in Os or CBG or something.

sign-rantpost.gif

Ebay should NARU people who run these type of "auctions". They do not belong there and are against Ebay policy. Just because others do it does not make it right. Go place an ad in Os or CBG or something.

sign-rantpost.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif The end never justifies the means thumbsup2.gif Welcome to the ranks of lowlife dickwad sellers, ebay keyword spammers, fraudulent auctions, shilling scumbags and every other violator of eBay policy. Feel free to wallow among the rest of the low-brow weak-minded who feel justified in conducting themselves as they choose to see fit, regardless of how many rules they may be bending or breaking; I always knew it was a only a matter of time, in your case, before joining the dregs of humanity 27_laughing.gif

It is against eBay rules to run a want ad.

But perhaps it will spring a lead before/if eBay cancels the auction.

Good luck Ian. I hope you find them soon.

thumbsup2.gif

My sentiments exactly....good luck Ian!!!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

In the vigilant spirit of Joe Collector:

Want Ads and Trades ebay policy - click here

Listings advertising a desire to buy or trade items are not allowed. All listings with want ads or trades are not permitted and may be ended, except for listings within Non-Binding Bid categories. The Insertion Fee will be automatically credited for any listings ended administratively by eBay.

Please review our listing policies for more information.

Report listing violations or problems with another eBay member

Feel free to click on report and enter the following item number: 2255366867

thumbsup2.gif I already have sumo.gif oh and good luck acquiring the Final Four 27_laughing.gifdevil.gif

In the vigilant spirit of Joe Collector:

Want Ads and Trades ebay policy - click here

Listings advertising a desire to buy or trade items are not allowed. All listings with want ads or trades are not permitted and may be ended, except for listings within Non-Binding Bid categories. The Insertion Fee will be automatically credited for any listings ended administratively by eBay.

Please review our listing policies for more information.

Report listing violations or problems with another eBay member

Feel free to click on report and enter the following item number: 2255366867

thumbsup2.gif I already have sumo.gif oh and good luck acquiring the Final Four 27_laughing.gifdevil.gif

Someone's got a hard-on for a d!ckhead... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif