• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy

245 posts in this topic

Stood in the front row at the San Francisco Giants World Series parade in the morning, aced an exam that I didn't study for in the afternoon, and picked up an unexpected Happy variant in my subscription box at a LCS in the evening.

What a wonderful day :grin:

I don't think we're going to see Happy become an ongoing project for any other reason than I doubt that it's a property that Morrison will be willing to work on for any substantial length of time more than a year or so. If it's a book that you are considering investing in heavy, I would encourage you to think long and hard about it. Even if it expands to 25 issues or so, it will suffer from the same perceptions that have kept Fatale from doing as well as it should in the secondary market. On the other hand, if your interest is simply in reading more stories, I couldn't agree more. I think we need to hope that Morrison will follow up this limited series with future limited series. I think that's a definite possibility. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Even if our unwilling anti-hero meets an untimely death at the end of the series, there are certainly other stories to be told about comparable relationships between fantasy creatures and pulpy grim noir types. In the event that the movie project proceeds with haste, I imagine that Morrison will be anxious to do more work with these characters or this universe. I've got my fingers crossed too. The second issue really sold me. I laughed out loud on a few occasions, love the art and the imaginary friend is priceless. It's one of the best supporting characters I've ever seen created. In fact, I would love to see our blue horse spin off into his own series where he encounters different characters to help children who are in trouble. That book could run forever!

Loved issue #2. I'd be surprised if this didn't become ongoing really. There's a lot of places that this story could go..

$1 bin? lol

Andy did Jeff tutor you on being "snarky" before he retired from the boards? Do you even read the comics you buy or do you just read about them to predict market trends? Comics are not strictly commodities to be bought and sold like shares of stock. You can actually open them up and read them and (here's a tip) they're a lot more fun to read than they are to bad/board and re-sell.

I think everyone who read Happy would like to read more stories by Morrison about these characters. In my opinion it's some of the best work he's done in years. And there's no way that this book is going to end up in the $1 bin. Morrison's fan following is too large and too committed to his work to allow that kind of result.

Edited by Nico Esq

I couldn't stand Happy.

I cant read modern Grant Morrison.

It was one of my shop's most successful creator owned/Image launches of 2012.

The movie news has caused online prices to spike quite a bit.

Solid $8 book

Out of 100 Happy #2 ordered, we got 4 variants.

I couldn't stand Happy.

I cant read modern Grant Morrison.

It was one of my shop's most successful creator owned/Image launches of 2012.

The movie news has caused online prices to spike quite a bit.

Solid $8 book

Out of 100 Happy #2 ordered, we got 4 variants.

Can I ask what you didn't like about Happy Larry?

I would LOVE to know print run of Santa VARIANT!! :pullhair:

I'd take a guess at 1000 - 1500

and I have 2 of them, mwhahaha, ok just sold 1.