• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead FAQ's with answers

198 posts in this topic

I think if by now you have not read up to date with The Walking Dead you should not be reading this and go and finish reading it. That way nothing will be spoilt.

I agree with this actually. I mean, how long until it can be openly talked about? Titanic has been out only 6 years longer than WD, and you never see people saying spoiler warning before talking about what happens.

If I was going to be reading something that I haven't finished, I certainly wouldnr be lingering around an open discussion of said title. People wanna talk about the who.e story, and that's what this thread is for. Plus, we openly talk about what happens in issues after one week of release.

Edit: I think I might retract my statement, this isn't the open discussion The Walking Dead, this is an FAQ where new people may come for answers other than the story.

Edit2: I know there's a couple typos above, but that entire thing was written via speech recognition, and I'm quite proud (even the capitalization of TWD, no idea how it knew to capitalize that being a title, man I love Android)

IMHO, a spoiler on who dies isn't really a spoiler.

The real test of a story is if you already know who is going to die BUT when you read on HOW that particular character died and you're still shocked, that is a true test of the story.

Sure anybody with a pen and paper can kill of a beloved character BUT HOW he goes down is a statement on how good of a writer you are. Kirkman has that appeal on me.

I knew about the Governor (and what he did)(by wiki) BUT when I read the actual story (by TPB) I was totally blown away. That's how good of a writer is Kirkman.

Again IMHO only

Do you think this book will ever be popular enough for a #1 to sell for say, $200?

Or would that create a bubble?

I think if by now you have not read up to date with The Walking Dead you should not be reading this and go and finish reading it. That way nothing will be spoilt.

I agree with this actually. I mean, how long until it can be openly talked about? Titanic has been out only 6 years longer than WD, and you never see people saying spoiler warning before talking about what happens.

It sinks...

Do you think this book will ever be popular enough for a #1 to sell for say, $200?

Or would that create a bubble?

Andy, i think you left off a zero? lol

No I was being facetious.

Carry on. (thumbs u

Where do those pages from Dead Planet come from? Was it released as an ashcan or something?

They made a hand full of them to distribute to companies to try and get work. We're talking maybe 20ish. They are impossible to find.

I've had the images on my computer for years. I don't remember where I got them. My best guess is that Steve (EvilAsh) might have posted them here a few years back and I saved the images.

I have a 48 error issue. Were a couple of pages are reprinted in it. So I think that one should be added to your list.

Nice! It's cool that you have an error copy of a key book. That's a REALLY cool book to own. (thumbs u

I changed the wording of the error section to include a mention of yours. I welcome anyone else here on the boards who owns an error copy to share. I can add others to the italic sentence.

Other printing errors then surfaced for other issues. At that point CGC dropped the error #35 from the registry set, because it's possible for any issue to have an error. (#27 and #48 have been confirmed here on the boards.)

#35 is the most common. Others should be treated similar to double cover anomalies. All of which are neat, and if you find one you'll have an easy time finding a buyer if you want to sell it. (thumbs u

How about adding print runs for some of the later issues if they're available? I know issue 2 had a lower print run than 1 didn't it?

Print run information questions come up all the time. Great idea! Thanks! (thumbs u

I just added the following:

12. How rare are the issues? What was the print run?

Walking Dead #1: 7,266 (Total, that includes both black & white mature readers logos)

Walking Dead #2: 6,067

Walking Dead #3: 6,992

Walking Dead #4: 7,019

Walking Dead #5: 8,829

Walking Dead #6: 7,727

Walking Dead #7: 10,490

Walking Dead #8: 11,689

Walking Dead #9: 11,289

Walking Dead #10: 13,719

As for the rest, well you know the difference between "giving a man a fish vs. teaching a man to fish" right? Here is a great site for print run information. You can look up the print run of any comic published from January 1995 to the present. All you need is the month & year it was published which is written inside the comic. Have fun looking up other print runs too! (thumbs u

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

Really nice work maloney.

How about some info on those Serbian books? Actually i don't know about them myself.

Good point... The Serbs aren't the only Foreign variant either. I have owned all the Serbian copies included the limited variants of 2 and 10 but I know nothing about the others (shrug)

I have owned?

Why on earth did you get rid.

They are the only variant to have a completely different covered #1.

#2 was a 50 issue pencil cover which has to be seen to be believed.

Were you the guy that was proud of his serbian collection? I only ask,as if not,then he still has the full set.

He posted them once,and I'm sorry I cannot remember his name, but the first couple of covers were wonderful.

I hope you still havethem Garry