• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead FAQ's with answers

198 posts in this topic

I have owned?Why on earth did you get rid.

They are the only variant to have a completely different covered #1.

#2 was a 50 issue pencil cover which has to be seen to be believed.

Were you the guy that was proud of his serbian collection? I only ask,as if not,then he still has the full set.

He posted them once,and I'm sorry I cannot remember his name, but the first couple of covers were wonderful.

I hope you still havethem Garry

I have had a complete run of Walking dead books in either raw or CGC (#1 was a CGC 9.8) and I sold them all 18 months ago. In fact I would say there isn't a Walking dead book, pre issue 80 that I haven't owned except the other foreign variants.

I don't know if it's me you're referring to but I did have a full set of Serbian WD's,including both variants and I probably did show it off as it was an achievement, but I'm past it now.

Do I regret selling them, maybe but I was in need of the money and I much prefer the Silver-age books I have replaced them with and I still have the books in trade, digital format and I sub the monthlies. Also I still have my Adlard OA and con sketches that I love.

They are sought after for a number of reasons.

They have original covers

They have original pin-ups inside

They are flip books with Invincible on the rear

And most importantly they are rare!!! Most only had 500 books printed with #1 only 300, #2 variant only 50 and #10 variant only 100

Dear WD FAQ: How can I tell which character is which once Charlie Adlard started drawing the book?

Artist(s)

Tony Moore: #1–6 (2004) (interior), #1–24 (covers) (2005), collected trade paperback volumes 1–4 (covers).

Charlie Adlard: #7–present (interior), #25–present (covers), collected trade paperback volumes 5–present (covers)

Dear WD FAQ: How can I tell which character is which once Charlie Adlard started drawing the book?

Artist(s)

Tony Moore: #1–6 (2004) (interior), #1–24 (covers) (2005), collected trade paperback volumes 1–4 (covers).

Charlie Adlard: #7–present (interior), #25–present (covers), collected trade paperback volumes 5–present (covers)

:facepalm: x infinity. I weep for the future.

Do you have any examples?

Not really. Half the time I couldn't tell Dale from Herschel or Andrea from the twins' mom. It really was a lame joke that has now failed so spectacularly that i should slug myself in the nuts. :P

Artist(s)

:facepalm: x infinity. I weep for the future.

lol

seanfingh - actually you arent the first person to ask - I was rereading issue 53~(?) the other day and someone complained that Adlard's art is ...Kirkman's response was --- uhhh I like it and I can tell...and oh, it sets the mood even if you cant tell.

Its a big criticism of Adlard that his work is ...but every once in a while it shines through on a nice page! those are the ones you need to buy ;)

Also - try to look for a key characteristic - I'm convinced thats the only reason Rick lost a hand, Gov an eye, Michonne is black..Dwight has burns - so we can tell who is who haha

Late reply to Gaz - those Serbians are awesome - thanks for posting them.

I actually have a Serbian collegue sending emails to her family at home to keep an eye out for them!

I know,its a bit sad really... (shrug)

Lovely pics and thankyou.

Adding a section for the foreign variants is a good idea, but I'll need some help making the information accurate.

I know what the Spanish, German, and Argentina versions look like, but I don't have print run info on those. So if anybody knows, please share.

I know there is a French version too. I know it's in TPB format, but I don't have a picture or know anything else about it. So if anyone does, please share.

I know all about the Serbians. I got my copies years ago directly from Serbia. I really wanted them since they are flip books with Invincible. My other favorite comic. Serbian #1 is still my favorite Invincible cover and where my avatar pic comes from.

1FlipBookBackCover.jpg

For those curious about the Invincible side, the cover to #1 and #10 are different covers than the regular covers. However, the Serbian black & white #10 has the regular Invincible cover not the Serbian version.

Adding a section for the foreign variants is a good idea, but I'll need some help making the information accurate.

I know what the Spanish, German, and Argentina versions look like, but I don't have print run info on those. So if anybody knows, please share.

I know there is a French version too. I know it's in TPB format, but I don't have a picture or know anything else about it. So if anyone does, please share.

I know all about the Serbians. I got my copies years ago directly from Serbia. I really wanted them since they are flip books with Invincible. My other favorite comic. Serbian #1 is still my favorite Invincible cover and where my avatar pic comes from.

1FlipBookBackCover.jpg

For those curious about the Invincible side, the cover to #1 and #10 are different covers than the regular covers. However, the Serbian black & white #10 has the regular Invincible cover not the Serbian version.

The French one is by Delcourt and has the cover of TWD #5 on it.

There was an individual run of 1 - 6 planned as individual releases and a few were test printed (in French - not fully finished) but all were destroyed when the decision was taken not to go ahead.

I only know because I contacted (after a very frigging long and tourturous path - mainly in very poor French) Delcourt and finally exchanged correspondace with the head of marketing (whos English was waaaay better than my French).

He only vaguely remebered being "one or two" being Translated and then only "maybe a page or two".

The only thing he was certain of was that they had nothing left of the ill fated venture.

Hence the TPB.

The Argentinian ,as you know is basically #1 - #3 in a #1 cover with a stripe, but the Peruvian one is actually #1 - #6 indivdually printed inside a "Days gone bye" dust jacket.

In essence the TPB IS actually #1 - #6 inside a cover.

Weird eh?

As for numbers - no clue.

E-Mail the printers, info's on the covers.

Carl is the short one with the eye patch and the hat.

No silly, thats Maggie in a pirate costume....