• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VF/NM? How bad is my grading?

17 posts in this topic

WoW!!...he only lives a few minutes from me,..if you want I can go take a closer look at the book for you,...you know, to see if there are any minor flaws in the book that don't show in the scan,...

Maybe the cross-eyed Siberian Husky did the grading. Personally, I'd go with a NM/MT Qualified....

Looks like a new "Pet" pedigree. "I promise this book has only been read once" by my cat fluffy. 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, he is a little generous on his grading frown.gif, but it seems that his heart is in the right place, proceeds goint to a good cause

Once again, on eBay, NM means "not mint."

Yep. eBay translation...

VF/NM = "Very Friggin Not Mint" or "Very Far-from Near Mint"

I've had a few lessons on the eBay nomenclature translations myself.

893frustrated.gif

Not to cast aspersions on any specific person I don't know, but did you stop to think that someone who claims proceeds go to charity could just as easily be lying to make people think they should bid on a wildly misgraded comic anyway in order to support a "cause?" If so, it's a pretty underhanded way to cheat people.

But again, I'm only speaking hypothetically.

If he was lying about the proceeds, yeah that would put him in a new category of lowlifes IMO, but he is showing a decent enough scan of what you would be bidding for, so you can determine your own grade as opposed to a tiny scan. confused-smiley-013.gif

If he was lying about the proceeds, yeah that would put him in a new category of lowlifes IMO, but he is showing a decent enough scan of what you would be bidding for, so you can determine your own grade as opposed to a tiny scan. confused-smiley-013.gif

Perhaps someone should just email him let him know that the grade is off the mark? laugh.gif