• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rarest Flash Comics
2 2

53 posts in this topic

Since no one who actually knows anything has answered this question, I will give it a shot lol Hopefully, someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong...

My impression is that the toughest books are at the end of the run for both books, although I'm not as familiar about the All-Flash series. So, maybe 80s to 104 for the Flash title, with the 100-104 books seeming to be the toughest. For All-Flash, I'm guessing the late 20s through 32.

Take it for what it's worth.

2c

Found the CBM article. If the "Data" column in the graph is a high number, the issue is common. If it's a low number it's scarce so the 16 and 82 are the scarcest according to this study.

CBMFashindexB.jpg

CBMFashindexA.jpg

you are the ultimate archival master! dig up old stuff! :hi:

Since no one who actually knows anything has answered this question, I will give it a shot lol Hopefully, someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong...

My impression is that the toughest books are at the end of the run for both books, although I'm not as familiar about the All-Flash series. So, maybe 80s to 104 for the Flash title, with the 100-104 books seeming to be the toughest. For All-Flash, I'm guessing the late 20s through 32.

Take it for what it's worth.

2c

+1

Pat Kochanek published several of these studies in CBM on different DC runs. Although it was a herculean effort and produced interesting results, I have found that the results do not line up too closely with current info we have on the scarcity of these books.

Love the early issues of CBM :cloud9:

I remember finding a #82 early on and then not seeing but a few afterwards and after I read this article.............but I'm not sure it's as scarce as the article said

Pat Kochanek published several of these studies in CBM on different DC runs. Although it was a herculean effort and produced interesting results, I have found that the results do not line up too closely with current info we have on the scarcity of these books.

+1

Any study of scarcity gives the results for the time frame of the analysis.

A well publicized "scarcity" soon alters the values as individuals owning

"scarce" issues offer them for sale at well above current "market values."

Perhaps the best example of this is "New Adventure" 26. It did not show up

often for years. When it became the last issue Ian needed, it got a lot of

publicity; he got a copy and then other copies became available all at

very high prices. That situation still distorts the "value" of the book --

both in the Overstreet guide and in the perception of most collectors and

dealers.

truthfully, if you are not grade conscious, there are none that can't be had...takes a little time and patience and box digging because most dealers don't put up on their convention walls, etc, but between all the online sources I bet you could complete relatively quick...

I just spent 5 minutes hitting some "major" sites, and see 70+ diff issues available...