• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2022 at 10:02 AM, Stefan_W said:

Moved to Grading/QC on Apr 22.

This one has been super fast even for fast track. 

And shipped Apr 22. Man that was fast. 

The grades were very fair and almost exactly in line with what I expected. My EoSV 2 hit 9.6 when I was hoping for a 9.8, but I had 2 of my Usagi Yojimbo 1s out of four hit 9.8 when I was thinking one would. So one a touch better, one a touch worse, and 13 books hitting the exact grade I was expecting. 

On 4/21/2022 at 11:34 PM, qlow said:

In-house Signing + CCS (Bagley)

1/10 - Mailed to CGC 

1/12 - Delivered to CGC facility

1/24 - Received by CGC

1/24 - Received by CCS

4/19 - SFG

4/19 - GEI

4/21 - G/QC

4/21 - Shipped

I just talked to a 2nd cgc rep that told me that the Bagely signing hasn't happened yet @CGC Mike

The rep was Mark or Marcus...

they assure me my book has not been signed and that no one's has, but here is someone saying not only has their book been signed, but it's been pressed and shopped

On 4/21/2022 at 11:32 AM, jokiing said:

Modern

Received: 1/13/22
Shipped: 4/22/22
Another 1/13 Modern = Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging
Another 1/13 Modern = Scheduled for Grading

My GEI graded and shipped today. Still waiting on the last 25 Moderns to advance. How long the wait for my two submissions in Economy is anyone's guess ????

• Administrator
On 4/22/2022 at 12:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I just talked to a 2nd cgc rep that told me that the Bagely signing hasn't happened yet @CGC Mike

The rep was Mark or Marcus...

they assure me my book has not been signed and that no one's has, but here is someone saying not only has their book been signed, but it's been pressed and shopped

Are you telling me you called a 3rd time and was told this today?  Yesterday, you told me you called and was told it wasn't.  Then, you said you called again and said it was.  I just want to make sure I have all of the facts straight before I bring this up to management again.  The signing did take place.

On 4/22/2022 at 12:02 PM, CGC Mike said:

Are you telling me you called a 3rd time and was told this today?  Yesterday, you told me you called and was told it wasn't.  Then, you said you called again and said it was.  I just want to make sure I have all of the facts straight before I bring this up to management again.  The signing did take place.

Yes got the name of the rep this time.

The 1st time yesterday" signing hasn't happened for anyone your book is not signed

2nd person book is signed but not back from pressing can't see details signing has happened.

Same thing today.

Cgc rep Marcus, book isn't showing signed therefore signing hasn't happened, I say people are getting books back, he brushes it off as "boards? Cgc Mike? Whoever and wherever isn't an authority"

I post here get a response call back

Second cgc rep today Celeste I think her name was brings up chart I mention you the boards confused and Facebook she says signing has happened but no details not back from pressing....

I understand your frustrations @CGC Mike but imagine how I feel oye

On 4/22/2022 at 12:15 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Mine was not pressed through CCS,but did get a Bagley remarque + sig graded, shipped, and in hand on 4/12.

I'm sure the reps are getting facts missed, like when I point out that it says on Facebook the signing happened etc and the boards and people having books shipped back.

They take that as useless info being proposed to look further, and tell me the signing hasn't happened and don't wonder what's up.

They end the conversation by saying it hasn't happened and there is nothing else to do or look up.

@CGC Mike sorry for my frustrations, and I hope Marcus gets the brunt as an example lol

Not really but it is frustrating

• Administrator
On 4/22/2022 at 1:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm sure the reps are getting facts missed, like when I point out that it says on Facebook the signing happened etc and the boards and people having books shipped back.

They take that as useless info being proposed to look further, and tell me the signing hasn't happened and don't wonder what's up.

They end the conversation by saying it hasn't happened and there is nothing else to do or look up.

@CGC Mike sorry for my frustrations, and I hope Marcus gets the brunt as an example lol

Please don't call them a 5th time.  Contact me and I will get any answers you have about this signing and your submission.  

On 4/22/2022 at 12:29 PM, CGC Mike said:

Please don't call them a 5th time.  Contact me and I will get any answers you have about this signing and your submission.  

lol:roflmao: bless you @CGC Mike keeping the peace :cheers: 

Truly I don't know the "behind the scenes" aspects, I'm just a "a guy wanting to hear it straight." Forgive me if it seems incessant or badgering, I truly feel your pain.

In the end, they get calls like this all the time, and if we can't post about it, it'll get posted elsewhere under less favored light. I'm just saying :pullhair: 

Sometimes it's like hitting a "polite brick wall", and I don't think I'm the bad guy for calling to see what pops out of the genie bottle lol 

But in this instance, since I've involved you and you may have sent off to kindly intervene, I'll respect your wishes and pm you :cheers:

Sorry to have disturbed the force on the boards but :cry: 

• Administrator
On 4/22/2022 at 1:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol:roflmao: bless you @CGC Mike keeping the peace :cheers: 

Truly I don't know the "behind the scenes" aspects, I'm just a "a guy wanting to hear it straight." Forgive me if it seems incessant or badgering, I truly feel your pain.

In the end, they get calls like this all the time, and if we can't post about it, it'll get posted elsewhere under less favored light. I'm just saying :pullhair: 

Sometimes it's like hitting a "polite brick wall", and I don't think I'm the bad guy for calling to see what pops out of the genie bottle lol 

But in this instance, since I've involved you and you may have sent off to kindly intervene, I'll respect your wishes and pm you :cheers:

Sorry to have disturbed the force on the boards but :cry: 

The signing did happen.  That is a fact.  :smile:

I don't post here often - wondering if this is normal - I sent in a sub under different categories: 2x Moderns, some economy, some Magazine Economy, some Magazine Modern on 10/12 of last year

One Modern came back in 5 days (!) 

zero movement on ALL the others, and its almost May '22 - is this the new normal?

we need a 2021 economy update please

either that or we need the mob with torches emoji back :sumo:

perhaps we really need to mob up and get a consistent noise heard for economy to be addressed. Did they lock the door and forget where the key is for the economy 2021 room? Yes it is 200+ days TAT but it seems every other level book is getting slabbed and TATs reducing and economy is :tumbleweed:

Modern Pre-sceen Slow Track with Labels (25 Books) - Sent in a box with a WK 
Delivered 02/16/22
Received 02/16/22
Scheduled For Grading 02/16/22
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 04/18/22
Grading Quality Control 04/21/22 - CGC charged 04/21/22
Shipped 04/22/22 

25/25 at 9.8 - First ever no Rejects for me on a presceen order.  

On 4/22/2022 at 10:24 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

When did your book arrive at CGC? Remember book arrived qlow less than two weeks after the announced signing. So he was one of the first to get done. My book arrive March 3/3 and was marked received 3/14. My book is still labeled as Received by CCS.

Edited by catch21

On 4/22/2022 at 2:09 PM, catch21 said:

When did your book arrive at CGC? Rember book arrived qlow less than two weeks after the announced signing. So he was one of the first to get done. My book arrive March 3/3 and was marked received 3/14. My book is still labeled as Received by CCS.

It will show received at CCS until pressing is completed.  Then it will swap to Received or Scheduled for Grading until it gets into the grading room and go to Grading / QC / Imaged.  Then it goes to Shipped.

Don't believe they have a 1st in 1st out process when it comes to signings, it is more "this has to get signed" and "this has to get remarqued" and "this has to get signed then pressed" and "this has to get remarqued and pressed" sort stacks. 

With the volume they are handling a package received 1st day may get done after a package received last day.  Just all chance.

Signing happened sometime around the week of the 9th (videos on TikTok show posted 4/9, which is a Saturday).  With 2 weeks-ish for pressing, you are looking at the earliest the flip to be likely sometime next week.  This is all guestimation though.

On 2/22/2022 at 3:30 PM, awakeintheashes said:

My credit card was charged 2/16 for, what I assume is, my 1/18 Modern Slow submission. However, I haven't received an acknowledgment email that it was charged, and it still is at SFG. 

A30DB6A5-CA6B-426A-98B8-54477994C6A4.thumb.jpeg.a7362cec9cf7fe27020762f23dd6e919.jpeg

On 4/22/2022 at 11:56 AM, Bird said:

we need a 2021 economy update please

either that or we need the mob with torches emoji back :sumo:

perhaps we really need to mob up and get a consistent noise heard for economy to be addressed. Did they lock the door and forget where the key is for the economy 2021 room? Yes it is 200+ days TAT but it seems every other level book is getting slabbed and TATs reducing and economy is :tumbleweed:

I don't get it... just because a book is pre-1975 it gets no love from CGC. Not to mention that they charge a lot more for this "Economy" service

On 4/22/2022 at 3:48 PM, jokiing said:

I don't get it... just because a book is pre-1975 it gets no love from CGC. Not to mention that they charge a lot more for this "Economy" service

It seems like they are just waiting economy out, extending the TATs and in 2-3 months when it is approaching a year they will unlock the room and focus on them for a week, banging out months of submissions.

#ReleaseEconomyTier