• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,048 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2022 at 4:56 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I wrote on the slabs and put post it notes on them. Although I still would not put it past them to still miss them as when I originally sent in for the signing I had it written on the window bags and a note on the backer board as well. :facepalm:

Good idea. I circled and wrote with Sparpie on my error slab as well since they have missed things in the past. My last return was turned around fairly quickly. Hope that's the new norm.

Edited by jokiing

Alright so my Modern no fast track....  I sent these overnight as the box included a George Perez signing book and was right at the wire to get it out.

Modern no fast track

1/18 - Mailed to CGC 

1/19 - Delivered to CGC

1/27 - Received by CGC

1/27 - Scheduled for Grading

4/22 - Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging

4/25 - Grading / Quality Control

4/26 - Shipped

When this was submitted the TAT was 130 busines days, current TAT is estimated at 113.  I was not expecting these to even possibly ship back until sometime in July at the earliest.  I will be honest, every single submission I have done has come back ahead of the estimated TATs.

I am guessing I will get this back in my hands early next week.

On 4/26/2022 at 9:18 AM, Crops068 said:

Alright so my Modern no fast track....  I sent these overnight as the box included a George Perez signing book and was right at the wire to get it out.

Modern no fast track

1/18 - Mailed to CGC 

1/19 - Delivered to CGC

1/27 - Received by CGC

1/27 - Scheduled for Grading

4/22 - Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging

4/25 - Grading / Quality Control

4/26 - Shipped

When this was submitted the TAT was 130 busines days, current TAT is estimated at 113.  I was not expecting these to even possibly ship back until sometime in July at the earliest.  I will be honest, every single submission I have done has come back ahead of the estimated TATs.

I am guessing I will get this back in my hands early next week.

Just wondering if the grades were close to expectation. :foryou:

Greed took a hold of me and I decided to send my 1st gen old label 9.0 Journey Into Mystery Annual 1 to get the Walkthrough CCS treatment. I added the screening option which I've never used but was wondering, if it passes the screen does it mean it'll get a grade bump? It definitely needs a clean...

Anyway it was delivered today:

WK CCS screen + Grade + custon label.

Delivered 4/26 

On 4/26/2022 at 8:13 AM, billsid said:
3/16/22
REHOLDER COMIC
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

not too bad around 30 working days to move to GEI now to see what happens next???

Well that was quick went from GEI this morning to Shipped by 11:00 not bad.

One of my submissions also dropped off due to the 8-month mark. Due to the longer turnaround times, this seems like a quick and easy fix:

Change the arbitrary 8-month filter in the display code to a 12-month or even 18-month display filter.

Edited by sckao

On 4/26/2022 at 8:14 AM, dikran1 said:

Greed took a hold of me and I decided to send my 1st gen old label 9.0 Journey Into Mystery Annual 1 to get the Walkthrough CCS treatment. I added the screening option which I've never used but was wondering, if it passes the screen does it mean it'll get a grade bump? It definitely needs a clean...

Anyway it was delivered today:

WK CCS screen + Grade + custon label.

Delivered 4/26 

No

On 4/26/2022 at 10:55 AM, sckao said:

One of my submissions also dropped off due to the 8-month mark. Due to the larger turnaround times, this seems like a quick and easy fix:

Change the arbitrary 8-month filter in the display code to a 12-month or even 18-month display filter.

I am not certain how the drop off submissions are handled but I would make it so any submission that doesn't have a "shipped" date in the submission cannot be unfiltered on the display.  Then anything with a shipped date older than 8 months can drop off the list view.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:17 AM, Crops068 said:

I am not certain how the drop off submissions are handled but I would make it so any submission that doesn't have a "shipped" date in the submission cannot be unfiltered on the display.  Then anything with a shipped date older than 8 months can drop off the list view.

It really should be user selectable (interactive date entry option or pulldown). They could still have their default selection which would save on processing time for database calls, but it would provide more functionality to the paying members.

But yes, active submissions should never fall off the screen.

Edited by sckao

On 4/26/2022 at 12:21 PM, sckao said:

It really should be user selectable (interactive date entry option or pulldown). They could still have their default selection which would save on processing time for database calls, but it would provide more functionality to the paying members.

But yes, active submissions should never fall off the screen.

Completely agree, but user functionality doesn't seem to be a focus.  And lets not go crazy with drop/pull down options, think we have seen enough of that with the submission forms! lol

On 4/26/2022 at 12:21 PM, sckao said:

It really should be user selectable (interactive date entry option or pulldown). They could still have their default selection which would save on processing time for database calls

Was going to say, the 8month mark probably has more to do with caching temporary DB tables & beyond that would have to go to a committed database which produces overhead since we're all F5'ing the submissions page over and over, LOL. But what you suggest is good, make a default, then a user specific modification to pull custom select records. 

On 4/26/2022 at 1:54 PM, Brad Ross Cohen said:

I have books that were logged in at CGC on May 2021 and then Received by CCS in early July 2021. Has anyone seen movement on book in a similar time frame with CCS?

It would depend on what tier and Fast track etc. if economy, then no, but if modern then yes :foryou: 

On 4/26/2022 at 2:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It would depend on what tier and Fast track etc. if economy, then no, but if modern then yes :foryou: 

They were economy and value. :( 

ASM 40, 54, 122 (Value / Vintage)
Showcase 30 & X-Men 14 (Economy)

I wish I knew about my local pressing and cleaning service before sending those in. 

On 4/26/2022 at 3:06 PM, Brad Ross Cohen said:

They were economy and value. :( 

ASM 40, 54, 122 (Value / Vintage)
Showcase 30 & X-Men 14 (Economy)

I wish I knew about my local pressing and cleaning service before sending those in. 

I have 2 Modern submissions received by CGC/CCS on Jul 27, 2021 and 1 economy submission also received by CGC/CCS on 7/27/2021.  They've all fallen off of the submissions page, and I'm not aware of any movement with any of the 3 submissions within CCS.

With my prior submissions, I had a good experience with CCS.  With these 3 submissions, the TATs doubled (at least) from when I mailed the books and now.  I've just had a local guy press and clean books for me, and if all goes well I won't have to deal with CCS again.

Edited by Still Only 20¢