• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2022 at 9:30 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 5/5/2022 at 8:14 AM, CGC Mike said:

I was told we’re actually just shifting resources right now to tackle EC. You should be seeing some movement on that tier over the coming weeks.

giphy-1.gif.a32d0bd92684043634dfb2925a71be85.gif.fe84392762c9bd73675b8c9db32f4148.gif

lol I remember when I tagged yesterday, but got no response lol 

I don't mind, as long as it isn't a personal ruffle feathers issue :sorry: 

On 5/4/2022 at 1:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 5/4/2022 at 1:14 PM, gadzukes said:

Anyone know where they're at on Economy status from 2021?

Have any July Economy's shipped out?

My Aug Economies received 8/11 are still SFG status

@CGC Mike @Bird we've asked this question going on 2 months now, with no updates from the "real world."

I'd "call cgc" but I will put the question to cgc mike first this time, and wait for a response :cheers: 

@gadzukes CGC mike did give an answer further up the page :) 

On 5/5/2022 at 10:38 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@gadzukes CGC mike did give an answer further up the page :) 

Thanks for the head's up.

The old... "we're shifting resources" response.  

If they were trying to get us to always pay the extra $ for FT, it's probably worked (at least on me).  I may never do regular Economy again.  It'll cost me an extra $375 per 25 comic submission but...... it's simply too outrageously long of a wait to use regular Economy, especially compared to FT.

On 5/5/2022 at 10:47 AM, gadzukes said:

Thanks for the head's up.

The old... "we're shifting resources" response.  

If they were trying to get us to always pay the extra $ for FT, it's probably worked (at least on me).  I may never do regular Economy again.  It'll cost me an extra $375 per 25 comic submission but...... it's simply too outrageously long of a wait to use regular Economy, especially compared to FT.

Based on your comment, it is reasonable to conclude that many others would feel the same way. If that were to be true, many more EFT submissions would start to flow into CGC, resulting in longer TAT's for economy fast track. 

On 5/5/2022 at 11:27 AM, joeypost said:

Based on your comment, it is reasonable to conclude that many others would feel the same way. If that were to be true, many more EFT submissions would start to flow into CGC, resulting in longer TAT's for economy fast track. 

Based on your comment CGC will create a new tier call "X-Treme Fast Track Economy" that will be faster than Fast Track and cost $30 per comic.

Edited by gadzukes

On 5/5/2022 at 9:23 AM, Bird said:

thanks.

I don't complain if it is within TATs but this discrepancy between FT and regular is a bit much

Since some EC invoices have fallen off our dealer/CS pages...how will we know movement is happening?

On 5/5/2022 at 1:27 PM, joeypost said:

Since some EC invoices have fallen off our dealer/CS pages...how will we know movement is happening?

If you type in the Submission # of the EC invoice, then scroll to the bottom of that page, you can click on a "Download Submission Detail".

On that next page it'll tell you the status.

It's a lot of searching for something that should not have dropped off the submission tracking page in the first place.

Edited by gadzukes

On 5/5/2022 at 1:56 PM, gadzukes said:

If you type in the Submission # of the EC invoice, then scroll to the bottom of that page, you can click on a "Download Submission Detail".

On that next page it'll tell you the status.

It's a lot of searching for something that should not have dropped off the submission tracking page in the first place.

What if you only have the order number? Apparently, I was not smart enough to write down the CGC invoice number. 

Back in mid-August of 2021, CGC identified the TAT for non-FT Economy subs to be 140 business days (about 7 calendar months).  Why should an August 2021 submitter care that the TAT for this tier is now 203 days?

Let's take the case of waiting in line to purchase a ticket for a movie.  Let's say there were 20 parties ahead of you when you joined the line, and that the cashier would require about 1 minute to process each party once the Box Office opened.  Your estimated wait time, once the Box Office opens, will be about 20 minutes.  How does that change if another 200 parties join the line in back of you?  (shrug)

Yeah, I know, CGC is not like a single-line movie theater Box Office.  So let's now consider the case of a supermarket with, say, 10 check-out lanes.  Some lanes are unrestricted, while other lanes are limited to 10 items or less.  Get the picture?  Some lanes will move more quickly than others.  Completely understandable due to differences in the number of items per customer, the efficiency of the cashier (which includes his/her tendency to chat), the customer's chosen payment method (cash, charge, a nearly completed check that only needs the amount filled in, or a wallet/checkbook that's buried at the bottom of an extra-large handbag), etc.  However, neither the number of folks behind me in my lane nor the number of people queued-up in other lanes should effect my check-out time.  :preach:

Unfortunately, CGC is operating like my supermarket, but without enough "cashiers" to staff every open lane.  This is a really, really, really bad way to do business.  CGC should be like my supermarket: never open more lanes than you're able to staff.

My CGC "wait time" should be the estimated TAT in place at the time I entered the queue, not the estimated TAT two months, 6 months, or 1 year later.  :sumo:

On 5/5/2022 at 2:21 PM, zzutak said:

Back in mid-August of 2021, CGC identified the TAT for non-FT Economy subs to be 140 business days (about 7 calendar months).  Why should an August 2021 submitter care that the TAT for this tier is now 203 days?

Let's take the case of waiting in line to purchase a ticket for a movie.  Let's say there were 20 parties ahead of you when you joined the line, and that the cashier would require about 1 minute to process each party once the Box Office opened.  Your estimated wait time, once the Box Office opens, will be about 20 minutes.  How does that change if another 200 parties join the line in back of you?  (shrug)

Yeah, I know, CGC is not like a single-line movie theater Box Office.  So let's now consider the case of a supermarket with, say, 10 check-out lanes.  Some lanes are unrestricted, while other lanes are limited to 10 items or less.  Get the picture?  Some lanes will move more quickly than others.  Completely understandable due to differences in the number of items per customer, the efficiency of the cashier (which includes his/her tendency to chat), the customer's chosen payment method (cash, charge, a nearly completed check that only needs the amount filled in, or a wallet/checkbook that's buried at the bottom of an extra-large handbag), etc.  However, neither the number of folks behind me in my lane nor the number of people queued-up in other lanes should effect my check-out time.  :preach:

Unfortunately, CGC is operating like my supermarket, but without enough "cashiers" to staff every open lane.  This is a really, really, really bad way to do business.  CGC should be like my supermarket: never open more lanes than you're able to staff.

My CGC "wait time" should be the estimated TAT in place at the time I entered the queue, not the estimated TAT two months, 6 months, or 1 year later.  :sumo:

To add to your analogy, it would also be like being next in line and the cashier allows someone to get in front of you with hundreds of items. Very similar to the in-house signings. These appear to get priority over EVERYTHING else, regardless of how much you paid, the tier selected and when they were sent in.

Edited by joeypost

Or you could let one of my supermarket lanes represent in-house signings.  Let's assume this lane "should" be closed due to a shortage of cashiers.  However, the store manager decides to open it and move the cashier from my lane to the in-house signing lane.  Everyone in my lane is now dead in the water.  :cry:

Either way (in your scenario or mine), it's just bad business.  Both arrogant and disrespectful.

Edited by zzutak

On 5/5/2022 at 11:25 AM, joeypost said:

To add to your analogy, it would also be like being next in line and the cashier allows someone to get in front of you with hundreds of items. Very similar to the in-house signings. These appear to get priority over EVERYTHING else, regardless of how much you paid, the tier selected and when they were sent in.

Worse than that, I typically have the patience to allow someone in front of me at the grocery line... because it's only a few minutes and not a big deal. If that cashier told me they're going to now hold my groceries hostage for 1 year while I wait in line as thousands came in front of me to have their groceries autographed by Chris Claremont I'd likely not have the same patience, although I would think it would be pretty cool to see Chris Claremont signing a nice head of lettuce so there is that. 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:03 PM, joeypost said:

What if you only have the order number? Apparently, I was not smart enough to write down the CGC invoice number. 

it says enter order # OR invoice #. I took a photo of my info before it fell off the page and use that so I do not know if the actual order # really works or not but it says you can track according to that as well

Modern Fast Track

4/20 - Delivered to CGC

4/28 - Received by CGC / Scheduled for Grading

5/3 - Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging

5/5 - Grading / Quality Control

5/5 - Shipped

Very happy with the quick turn around.  Grades were mostly in-line except for a few books that had been polybagged.  The dreaded polybag crease which turned what looked to be 9.8's into 9.0's.  Will need to look at them again, but they looked to be pressed out when sent.  Will likely CPR one to see if I can get an improvement.  In the meantime, I think I'll take all of my early 90's polybagged out of the bags.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:41 AM, Bird said:

it says enter order # OR invoice #. I took a photo of my info before it fell off the page and use that so I do not know if the actual order # really works or not but it says you can track according to that as well

Order # won't work. Once it falls off the page anyways you'll get this message if you try the order #:

Order # not found. Please note that you can only search for submissions older than 8 months by submission number.

On 5/5/2022 at 1:03 PM, joeypost said:

This will be the massive pain considering volume you deal in, but search your email for subject line "Your Recent CGC Submission"

That will be confirmation of books checked in by CGC with a PDF attached that will show assigned Submission # you need to use to look up older subs on your account page. The downside is that that PDF could have multiple Sub#s listed if they checked in multiple under your account that day. They will not have the original Order # either, so it's guesstimation as to when you received that email and if it's a relevant sub#. Barring all else, you can harvest all those Sub#s and just start looking 1x1. 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, Bird said:

Which field is this on the dealer portal?