• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2022 at 2:40 AM, Ed Hanes said:

Ive never had G/QC last more than a couple days. They dont charge for prescreens until G/QC , other than that , if they havent charged you , then it was an oversight on their part

Didn't do a pre-screen. The money is just sitting there waiting to be taken, and I’m pretty sure they won't forget 😂

On 8/18/2022 at 8:29 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Modern slow....

Received 7/11

GEI 8/7

..... Long drought and I called to find out about them, and discovered they were graded 8/9

Done right is all I ask QC today 8/18

The fact you had to call them to get the ball rolling on books that were graded over a week ago is quite disheartening. 

On 8/18/2022 at 12:35 PM, jjfversion1 said:

The fact you had to call them to get the ball rolling on books that were graded over a week ago is quite disheartening. 

Especially since some modern slow received same.day as mine have already shipped.

Also economy ft received same day as mine has shipped and their estimated tat is supposed to be longer than modern.

On 8/15/2022 at 12:12 PM, Richard Wysong said:

Got my submission and... all 25 were slabbed 9.0 WHITE (including a comic that was previously graded at 9.6 [old slab]) 😥

Customer service and submissions both deny that they could've made a mistake since everything is looked at by 3 graders.  One rep I talked to said that even if I sent all 25 back in and they came back 9.8, they would just claim they could've been pressed.  There's simply no possible way to get one's money back, even if there was a mistake.

Lesson learned: never message them asking about the status of a submission that's been in G/E/I for over a month 😓

I just messaged them about mine having been there for over a month. We will see how it goes, even if I get all 9.0's I'm tired of waiting. Will let you know what happens. I do wonder if you cracked all of them and sent them with a 9.2 pre-screen how many of them get graded... I know you probably don't want to give more money for these books, which I get, but that would be interesting.

8/11/22
FAST TRACK PRE-SCREEN MODER
Scheduled for Grading

8/18/22
FAST TRACK PRE-SCREEN MODER
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

The Malibu Sun #13 has potential for the first 9.9 ever! :ohnoez: I'd definitely take a 9.8 however! :banana: Also as a novice, I grouped books in pairs shown below and hoping that doesn't influence harsher grades somehow.  ****Love the suspense of it all!

Malibu Sun 13 5/92 Malibu Comics Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 1985 Mirage Studios Fourth Printing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 1985 Mirage Studios Fourth Printing Michaelangelo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 1 1986 Mirage Studios Michaelangelo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 1 1986 Mirage Studios Leonardo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 1 12/86 Mirage Studios Leonardo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 1 12/86 Mirage Studios Donatello, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 1 8/86 Mirage Studios Donatello, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 1 8/86 Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 11 6/87 Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 11 6/87 Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 14 2/88 Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 13 2/88 Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 16 9/88 Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 15 1988 Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 47 5/92 Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 28 2/90 Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 62 8/93 Mirage Studios

On 8/18/2022 at 7:06 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Only found out about this because of the sipping email..no update on submission page

but Im fine with it

Finally..

Economy Slow Track received Sept 14, 2021

Shipped today 

The email may have the submission number... ?

So you may be able to use it to search the submission on the Page  :banana:

I hope you get the grades you're after

On 8/18/2022 at 5:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The email may have the submission number... ?

So you may be able to use it to search the submission on the Page  :banana:

I hope you get the grades you're after

oh, I know how to look it up...thanks though

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 8/18/2022 at 7:16 PM, Ed Hanes said:

oh, I know how to look it up...thanks though

Ya it's a shame how we get the update, I'm still waiting on ones from March and last October, I'm right there with you and I hope soon

After 9 months one of my shipments is on the way. Unfortunately they are sending it to my old address!  I moved months ago and they made me send emails to have the address updated on the orders in house. They sent me an email it was updated and yet, nope, heading to the old address. Looks like CGC has yet another problem. Calling them on the phone is a joke.

On 8/18/2022 at 9:27 PM, nochips said:

After 9 months one of my shipments is on the way. Unfortunately they are sending it to my old address!  I moved months ago and they made me send emails to have the address updated on the orders in house. They sent me an email it was updated and yet, nope, heading to the old address. Looks like CGC has yet another problem. Calling them on the phone is a joke.

@CGC Mike

• Administrator
On 8/18/2022 at 10:27 PM, nochips said:

Sorry to hear this.  If it has not left CGC, I could help if I was provided with a submission number.  Send me one ASAP, and I will check.

On 8/19/2022 at 6:52 AM, CGC Mike said:

Sorry to hear this.  If it has not left CGC, I could help if I was provided with a submission number.  Send me one ASAP, and I will check.

It already left.. I got the email after FedEx picked it up.