• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2023 at 10:28 AM, workingdog said:

Oh, so someone is working there.  Nothing is moving on my end and I just figured CGC employees extended their vacations beyond the 4th and there's only a skeleton crew still working the remainder of the week.

Based on posted comments, like yours, and the movement of my submissions, CGC's processing of submissions appears to have slowed down substantially in my experience from last month. Granted, some posters did note in months past that their submissions in, for example, the late lamented Economy tier, at least by me, in many instances took over a year to head back home. Of course, years ago, if I correctly recall, my Modern tier submissions took on average two months to complete. Factors such as CGC comic con attendance, of course, add time to the processing of many, but likely not all (e.g., folks who monthly submit in large volume and/or income may depend on sales of CGC graded comic books) submissions.

On 7/7/2023 at 9:56 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Based on posted comments, like yours, and the movement of my submissions, CGC's processing of submissions appears to have slowed down substantially in my experience from last month. Granted, some posters did note in months past that their submissions in, for example, the late lamented Economy tier, at least by me, in many instances took over a year to head back home. Of course, years ago, if I correctly recall, my Modern tier submissions took on average two months to complete. Factors such as CGC comic con attendance, of course, add time to the processing of many, but likely not all (e.g., folks who monthly submit in large volume and/or income may depend on sales of CGC graded comic books) submissions.

Well said, well spoken :)

On 7/7/2023 at 11:01 AM, workingdog said:

Well said, well spoken :)

Thank you. Of course, my comment that folks who monthly submit in large volume and/or income may depend on sales of CGC graded comic books have their submissions processed faster implies that CGC gives some submissions special handling. Am I promoting a conspiracy? ... ... ... Yes! :bigsmile:

Darn, all my submissions just vanished.

On 7/7/2023 at 9:48 AM, Still Only 20¢ said:

2023-07-07    G/QC.  Looks like they'll ship Monday.

On 7/7/2023 at 9:48 AM, Still Only 20¢ said:

2023-07-07    G/QC.  Looks like they'll ship Monday.

Geez... I've had 1 book ME SFG since 6/1.  Absolutely no movement.  

Seen numerous MEs that arrived weeks later being done already, ugh.  

On 7/8/2023 at 9:32 PM, Tcarroll17 said:

I can empathize.  I've had 1 book ME SFG since 5/12 with no movement.  Just a simple label correction.  I sent a note to submissions@cgccomics.com last week and as of this writing, no response. 

ME Sub.jpg

Edited by workingdog
Added screen shot

On 7/9/2023 at 10:35 AM, workingdog said:

I can empathize.  I've had 1 book ME SFG since 5/12 with no movement.  Just a simple label correction.  I sent a note to submissions@cgccomics.com last week and as of this writing, no response. 

Very frustrating!  Same with mine.  It's a modern, they just messed up the label.  It took 9 days to go from arrival to shipped originally (awesome, very happy), but then sits for 5+ weeks to fix their error.  

It's really hard to believe it's not intentional.  With the ME changes and how long they take, they really try to dissuade you from daring to make a return.  

On 7/9/2023 at 10:35 AM, workingdog said:

ME Sub.jpg

On 7/8/2023 at 10:32 PM, Tcarroll17 said:

Sorry my submission leapfrogged you guys.  I have a theory...  I think for submissions in the same tier, submissions with a higher declared value move faster.  My submission's declared value iss $12,450, and I suspect that's why it's moving through so quickly. 

On 6/21/2023 at 1:34 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 6/18/2023 at 10:16 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Twenty-five comic book modern submission.

1) Mailed to CGC on Saturday, June 17, 2023, via USPS Priority Mail.

2) Delivered on Tuesday, June 20 to CGC's PO Box.

3) Received and Scheduled for Grading, Monday, July 10, 2023.

On 7/11/2023 at 1:41 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 6/21/2023 at 1:34 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 6/18/2023 at 10:16 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Twenty-five comic book modern submission.

1) Mailed to CGC on Saturday, June 17, 2023, via USPS Priority Mail.

2) Delivered on Tuesday, June 20 to CGC's PO Box.

3) Received and Scheduled for Grading, Monday, July 10, 2023.

4) G/E/I, Tuesday, July 11

On 7/11/2023 at 11:35 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

4) G/E/I, Tuesday, July 11

Hopefully GEI isn't a quagmire like it has been. My 25 modern prescreens that went GEI 6/7 are still sitting with no hope of release. Not worried or complaining yet as the 20 day plus 30 hasn't passed, but the other 25 sent in at the same time shipped out 6/19....... Doesn't make any sense.

Edited by irishcritic

On 7/11/2023 at 2:54 PM, irishcritic said:

Hopefully GEI is a quagmire like it has been. My 25 modern prescreens that went GEI 6/7 are still sitting with no hope of release. Not worried or complaning yet as the 20 day plus 30 hasn't passed, but the other 25 sent in at the same time shipped out 6/19....... Doesn't make any sense.

I have a two magazine modern submission that has been in G/E/I for quite a while and may be there months longer. "You pay what you get gotten for."

On 7/11/2023 at 2:57 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I have a two magazine modern submission that has been in G/E/I for quite a while and may be there months longer. "You pay what you get gotten for."

yes, I am in a similar situation

image.png.64b8f2b12f25083b0867dc1c99553b99.png

On 7/11/2023 at 1:54 PM, irishcritic said:

Hopefully GEI isn't a quagmire like it has been. My 25 modern prescreens that went GEI 6/7 are still sitting with no hope of release. Not worried or complaining yet as the 20 day plus 30 hasn't passed, but the other 25 sent in at the same time shipped out 6/19....... Doesn't make any sense.

None of this makes any sense at all. I literally had a smaller package of 7 books show up to CGC almost a week after I sent in a box of 27 books. The 7 books are already in GEI, while the other 27 have not even been scanned into the system yet. The 27 books have a higher declared value than the 7. I think someone earlier thought that value declaration makes a difference, but I do not think it does.

There is no order how things go in and come out. I think they must have pure chaos going on and it has been like this since the Spring where it has turned into several strange bottlenecks. With my last few subs, I have noticed where GEI and G/QC is taking longer.

Hopefully they can get things figured out this year, but who knows if they ever will.

On 7/12/2023 at 10:56 AM, captainzombie said:

Hopefully they can get things figured out this year, but who knows if they ever will.

Whatever the status, things are moving at a glacial pace (at least from my perspective).  That's why I'm trying to make every effort to get what I can sent in prior to SDCC 2023.  Intakes at cons pretty much mess up the time it takes to process submissions.  But SDCC 2023, you probably won't see your submissions until leaves starting falling from the trees.