• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2024 at 2:56 PM, Stefan_W said:

3 book High Value submission 

Dropped off at FedEx - Jan 30

Arrived at CGC - Feb 5

Opened and SFG - Feb 8

This is my first high value submission that I am sending through my own account (used to send high value books through a presser), and I am really looking forward to seeing how it goes. :) 

Nice man awesome! What books if you don’t mind me asking??

On 2/8/2024 at 2:56 PM, Stefan_W said:

Arrived at CGC - Feb 5

Opened and SFG - Feb 8

This is my first high value submission that I am sending through my own account (used to send high value books through a presser), and I am really looking forward to seeing how it goes. :) 

Arrived at CGC - Feb 5

Opened and SFG - Feb 8

Credit Card charged - Feb 8

On 2/8/2024 at 12:12 PM, Jordan Morris said:

All done!! Graded and Shipped!!‼️ Extremely happy with the grade considering where things are at right now in the market. Also happy with the grade considering me and my girlfriend bought it for $1860 raw and then graded it at the show at Megacon Orlando :)IMG_0551.thumb.png.8475cb81e0c0748c36b7e8f847c64660.png

Dropped off at Megacon CGC Drop Off 02/04

Recieved 02/05

G/E/I 02/06

G/QC 02/07

Graded and Shipped 02/08

Congrats on the grade! Kind of frustrating, mine was received on 2/2 and is still in quality control. Ironically it’s the exact same book lol, submitted under the UV tier. Hoping for the same grade though! 

Edited by Jjshiffs86

On 1/25/2024 at 10:04 AM, gooshball said:

Modern 11 Books: 

• Arrived 1/23
  • Scanned:  1/25
  • Recieved and SFG:  1/25
  • GEI: ?

Vintage 21 Books: 

• Arrived 1/23
  • Scanned:  1/25
  • Recieved and SFG:  1/25
  • GEI: ?

Scanned and recieved same day is rare. Matches a couple messages from Friday.

Still both Scheduled for Grading 12 business days later.  Seems its a slow go at the moment.  Customer service said they are running close to TAT and likely will see movement by the end of this week.

I am annoyed with FedEx re my high value submission. My package was scheduled to arrive at CGC on the Fri just ahead of the glut of submissions, but they delayed it (for no reason) and it ended up being a part of a huge pile of books that went in the following Monday. It does not matter in the grand scheme of things, so whatever, but their estimated shipping times are a joke unless you are paying $$$$ for one or two day shipping. 

Had a 6 day turnaround from Arrival to GQC for a 9.8 pre-screen, and...image.png.37de8cd41f7ff1b6252a220d52d98b32.png

no idea what happened. I hope the package didn't get damaged in some way. I package my shipments VERY well so unless USPS had a Hell in a Cell match w/ my package or I was using my wife's glasses during inspection, I can't think of why so many would get rejected. I'm sooo confused.

Edited by FigaroToe

On 2/13/2024 at 1:43 PM, FigaroToe said:

Had a 6 day turnaround from Arrival to GQC for a 9.8 pre-screen, and...image.png.37de8cd41f7ff1b6252a220d52d98b32.png

no idea what happened. I hope the package didn't get damaged in some way. I package my shipments VERY well so unless USPS had a Hell in a Cell match w/ my package or I was using my wife's glasses during inspection, I can't think of why so many would get rejected. I'm sooo confused.

Ouch. Was this your first pre-screen submission? If not, USPS destroyed your package or something bad must have happened getting to the grading table. 

On 2/13/2024 at 10:59 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Ouch. Was this your first pre-screen submission? If not, USPS destroyed your package or something bad must have happened getting to the grading table. 

Nope, I've done many 9.8 pre-screens in the past, and typically get 75-85% success. Ugh, nervous to get back the comics, hope they're not destroyed and I just got a super harsh grader. I have one more submission from the same package coming up w/ a few relatively new modern books, so I guess we'll see if those get rejected as well.

Edited by FigaroToe

On 2/13/2024 at 11:03 AM, FigaroToe said:

Nope, I've done many 9.8 pre-screens in the past, and typically get 75-85% success. Ugh, nervous to get back the comics, hope they're not destroyed and I just got a super harsh grader. I have one more submission from the same package coming up w/ a few relatively new modern books, so I guess we'll see if those get rejected as well.

Just had the same thing with a 16 book 9.8 pre-screen. All modern books. MANY were BRAND NEW books, thought hey were from the 1990's. Not my first rodeo either. Been submitting for 5+ years, usually 6-10 submissions per year. Typically get 70-90% approval rate on pre-screens. And of course, no grader notes on this order. I'm sure my books were dropped while in CGC's "care". Though they'll state they were damaged in shipment and take no responsibility. If a package has outward damage, they reject it straight away and return it to sender. So, my thinking is, once they accept an order, inspect it as having no damage from shipping, they should be held responsible for anything that happens to the book thereafter. Convenient loophole for CGC that they leave open when it could be easily closed with a few extra Quality Control steps. Seriously considering CBCS.

Reject.jpg

On 2/13/2024 at 12:03 PM, Guy D. Corp said:

Just had the same thing with a 16 book 9.8 pre-screen. All modern books. MANY were BRAND NEW books, thought hey were from the 1990's. Not my first rodeo either. Been submitting for 5+ years, usually 6-10 submissions per year. Typically get 70-90% approval rate on pre-screens. And of course, no grader notes on this order. I'm sure my books were dropped while in CGC's "care". Though they'll state they were damaged in shipment and take no responsibility. If a package has outward damage, they reject it straight away and return it to sender. So, my thinking is, once they accept an order, inspect it as having no damage from shipping, they should be held responsible for anything that happens to the book thereafter. Convenient loophole for CGC that they leave open when it could be easily closed with a few extra Quality Control steps. Seriously considering CBCS.

Reject.jpg

Wow, wtf is that about?? Maybe we got a supremely harsh grader? Guess we'll both see when we get our comics back. Also those are some badass books, praying for no damage on your part 

On 2/13/2024 at 12:03 PM, Guy D. Corp said:

Reject.jpg

Update: my other box that was in the same package as my prior giant reject submission was shipped. I had half 80s/90s books and half books from the last 2 years (typically straight from the manufacturer)...all the 80s/90s books got rejected and all the newer books got accepted. Good news is that it's likely not a damage issue, but bad news is that I'm pretty sure we both just got a super harsh grader. 

On 2/13/2024 at 1:32 PM, FigaroToe said:

Update: my other box that was in the same package as my prior giant reject submission was shipped. I had half 80s/90s books and half books from the last 2 years (typically straight from the manufacturer)...all the 80s/90s books got rejected and all the newer books got accepted. Good news is that it's likely not a damage issue, but bad news is that I'm pretty sure we both just got a super harsh grader. 

But they were in separate boxes? Two separate stacks to be graded? They could have only dropped one and not the other. Just saying it's possible.

On 2/13/2024 at 1:43 PM, Guy D. Corp said:

But they were in separate boxes? Two separate stacks to be graded? They could have only dropped one and not the other. Just saying it's possible.

It was one big box, with 5 separate corrugated boxes inside. It is possible that they dropped 3 of them, but 80s/90s stuff was sprinkled through the last 2 boxes (the last box had half new and half 90s), and all the new books got accepted while the 80s/90s ones got rejected. But the fact that both our submissions happened on the same day, likely by the same reviewer, and non-new books got mostly rejected...seems like an overly harsh eye rather than CGC jacking up our books. Also, 3 of my 90s books did get the 9.8 and those were sprinkled throughout, so I'm leaning toward no damage.