• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
78 78

27,532 posts in this topic

Well seems my books that were shipped 5/30/2024 have been sent to PUERTO RICO :jawdrop: I am now waiting on them to return to CGC and then hopefully to me . Oh I live in Fla about 2hrs north of CGC should have been at the most a 3 day ship.

I will say this the CS people I talked to to were outstanding to work with and I get email updates 

Thank You Customer Service

On 6/12/2024 at 1:49 PM, topcat54 said:

Well seems my books that were shipped 5/30/2024 have been sent to PUERTO RICO :jawdrop: I am now waiting on them to return to CGC and then hopefully to me . Oh I live in Fla about 2hrs north of CGC should have been at the most a 3 day ship.

I will say this the CS people I talked to to were outstanding to work with and I get email updates 

Thank You Customer Service

I hope they are having a good time! 

On 6/13/2024 at 4:50 PM, badger812 said:

Does prescreen tack on much time?  I want to submit a few moderns for pressing/grading but curious if prescreen adds a significant amount of time to the turnaround.  Thanks!

I did the prescreen recently and it got graded and shipped out quicker than my standard modern grading comics.  As for also adding pressing + prescreen, I'm afraid I don't know.  As for my modern sub:

15 Modern Book Submission (From Canada)

Shipped 5/2

Delivered to CGC PO Box: 5/9

Confirmed Picked Up: 5/10

SFG: 5/17

GEI: 6/13 - FINALLY!

G/QC: ???

On 6/13/2024 at 5:50 PM, badger812 said:

Does prescreen tack on much time?  I want to submit a few moderns for pressing/grading but curious if prescreen adds a significant amount of time to the turnaround.  Thanks!

Pre-screens move quickly now. My most recent one moved at the same pace or even a touch quicker than a regular modern submission. 

On 6/14/2024 at 2:05 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

How long is it taking for CGC to receive shipments in the last couple of weeks?  I had a 1-book ME submission that was delivered to CGC on Thu Jun 6th that has not been received by CGC yet.

That's a bit surprising.  I've had books sit for a few days, but the only time it was over a week was when they decided the package was damaged and returned it to me unopened.  Eventually it showed up on USPS tracking as on its way back.  Turned out the comics were OK and I resubmitted.

I've just had 2 Modern press & grade orders come back door-to-door in less than a month.   Aside from mailing and sitting in the mail room, most of the in-process time was spent in pressing.  The grading took very little time -- 3 working days from grading payment to shipping notice in one case, 5 days in the other.

On 6/14/2024 at 4:05 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

How long is it taking for CGC to receive shipments in the last couple of weeks?  I had a 1-book ME submission that was delivered to CGC on Thu Jun 6th that has not been received by CGC yet.

I just had a ME book. Del'vd on 5/29, rec'd on 6/5, shipped on 6/12, so should be any day now for you I would reckon.

Edited by MultiSig Mike

Order 1: Modern - 1 item (CCS, JSA, Imaging)
Sent 5/9/24
Delivered 5/13/24
Received 5/20/24
CCS in Process 5/31/24
Scheduled for Grading 6/12/24 :news:
Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging 6/14/24 :news:

Order 2: Modern - 4 items (CCS)
Sent 5/10/24
Delivered 5/13/24
Received 5/17/24
CCS in Process 5/24/24
Scheduled for Grading 6/3/24
Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging 6/4/24
Shipped 6/7/24

Order 3: Modern - 2 items (CCS)
Sent 5/22/24
Delivered 5/29/24
Received 5/31/24
CCS in Process 6/3/24

On 6/14/2024 at 1:05 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

And I was worried why mine hadn't been checked in yet. 

Shipped 6/3

Delivered 6/10

CGCJun17.thumb.png.3927f1888622a365fbade0da166fbc5a.png

I think I've been spoiled lol 

My modern slow received and sfg 11th of June, I almost started refreshing constantly, as others' books have been quick.

Even some of y'alls that have been back from ccs and then sfg around my time of sfg, have shipped already lol 

It was pleasant while it lasted, but now with comic cons happening, I must resist the urge to refresh :shy: 

On 6/18/2024 at 11:16 AM, Ninja0215 said:
On 6/18/2024 at 9:32 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I DO have a feeling it is to be a while. :sorry:

Ugh!!! I'm pretty excited about these too 

I'm gladder to see you back posting and submitting, if able, as I hadn't noticed in a while :cheers:

I also didn't mean too much longer, as they seemed to hire a lot of people and have had this amount before I'm sure. It is speculation on my part that instead of a "week" tat, it might be closer to the posted 20-day tat for modern slow. They've built in the workman for tons of service, and I'm sure CGC is glad to see it not be in vain :)